Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Huge congratulations friend! Hope you and Gunny are keeping well :partying_face::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

AFAFā€¦ Alcohol free as fuck?

I agree that passive aggressive is not usually very nice or effective. But sometimes it just feels necessary! Of course it isnā€™t necessaryā€¦ But then neither is ice cream :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Alcohol free as fuck :purple_heart:

15 Likes

Wow! Congratulations on 4 years @Wunderbar!

yay ballons

2 Likes

Checking in at day 241.
In months it will be 8 months clean tomorrow, a new milestone. Itā€™s going pretty well I have to say, but since a few days I sometimes think when will it go wrong again? Itā€™s been going well for too long now. Silly huh? The previous times of my sobriety went well until it suddenly went completely wrong. And I donā€™t see where it goes wrong. Okay, Iā€™ve learned from my previous relapses and know how to act and what not to do but what if new things happen again? Also on the last time of sobriety I already felt like the pause button had been pressed for a while and out of the blue the movie starts playing again and i start to use. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t enjoy my sobriety or something, I do, so I only have these thoughts for a few days. It keeps me busy but itā€™s not a concern (I think).
I hope this is a phase. It all feels so new!

Something else that I really really like. My 15 year old son is flying to New York today with his foster father and foster brother for a sort of menā€™s vacation. I had my son on the phone yesterday he was so excited. He has never flown before and now flying for 8 hours for the first time. For those who didnā€™t know yet, my son and I live in the Netherlands. We just donā€™t live together. I am so excited for him!

24 Likes

Wow that is amazing and so inspiring! CongratulationsšŸ„³

2 Likes

Sober Saturday Night
Day 114 AF

18 Likes

@Mno Luna is a beautiful cat. I hope she feels better soon after the vet visitšŸ™

5 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a shame, but easy mistake to make. Sounds like you have the right attitude now though and are picking yourself up. Have an amazing Harry Potter tour, sounds great šŸŖ„

2 Likes

Morning friends! Checking in on day the top of day 7, I made it yesterday and I donā€™t think I was going to. I cannot thank you @Teresa.13 enough for your support yesterday, it really made all the difference :sparkling_heart:. I hope everyone has the most amazing sober day!!

11 Likes

That sounds like a great opportunity for your son!

1 Like

Good morning friends, Kat here checking in on Day 269. Also keeping up with the no nail biting.

Have my second and fourth sons this weekend the 8-year-old is keeping me up lol. Keeping me out of trouble!

Talked to my sponsor yesterday and apologized for my week-long funk, she said no problem just start again. So Zoom meeting tonight and stepwork if I can focus with the kids around.

Thatā€™s it for me everybody have a good, strong sober day!

Kat

20 Likes

You are absolutely right. It sure is. I hope he has the time of his lifeā¤

1 Like

Hey all, checking in on day 685. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Thankfulforyoursupporteveryday

36 Likes

That is amazing!!! :clap:

1 Like

Cecking in on day 118 sober and 899 days substance free. Last night I heard and seen a group people who were drunk and acting the way they were. I wasnt judging them but refecting on my own self. That was me at one point, the way i acted, the words I would useā€¦it made me very happy to be sober now. Its been a real struggle with staying sober, especially with the nice weather here. Itā€™s patio season and that for me when I walk by a bar or a restaurant is a huge trigger. When I go out to eat, am I the only one who has a hard time not ordering a drink?

17 Likes

Iā€™m slipping into a depression state of mind. Iā€™m so anxious and worried about the future. I drank yesterday and feel very guilty. I just donā€™t knowā€¦Iā€™m sad.

Today I will attend my Saturday morning meeting and then try to get back into my discipline mode of prayer, reading and meditation. I really need God to help me. My sponsor informed me that he believes I havenā€™t accepted Step One yet. So Step One will be my priority this week.

Iā€™m so sad and anxiousā€¦just pretty tough. I canā€™t stand this depressionā€¦it is killing me and now Iā€™m crying as I am writing these words.

This community means the world to meā€¦I must continue the fight. Thank you all for accepting meā€¦Iā€™m in rough shape.

25 Likes

Woke up early today, itā€™s a good and productive day. Also 90 days AF, 3 days PMO.

Called a couple fellows, did some groceries and about to run a 5KM route.
Have a great day everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

Hang in there, bud. I know that feeling; nothing ever stays the same so hang on.

6 Likes