Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

@Misokatsu Thanks Fleur! It used to bother me when he would make those comments. I almost felt like I HAD to give in. But once I realized that my recovery is mine and his is his, thay pressure left, bcuz now I am focused on me. I never tell him that he can’t do it, but I do tell him that I don’t want to ans if he chooses to do it I definitly wouldn’t be comfortable being at home while he did it. Thankfully, he is on this path with me and I know he wants to be clean. But I think he still learning how to manage his stress. Which I understand.
@arnovdl way to go on 30 months!!! Thats amazing! Proud of u!
@michaeljlogan74 This is sounding so hard for u my friend :frowning: I’m sorry that everything feels overwhelming. Try not to beat urself up (I know it’s hard not to tho), but everyday is a new day. Only you can choose how u want this day to play out. Alcohol keeps our mind and eyes close to real solutions that can help us. Alcohol does nothing but make us depressed and causes problems in our lives. Sending my thoughts and prayers out to u today.
@deadman congratulations on such a huge number!!! Wow!! You’re a inspiration to me :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thank you so much Donna for thinking of me. I really appreciate it.

3 Likes

Hey guys. Its day 48. Missed yesterday checkin, i remembered but when i got on the bed, i felt asleep immediately.

Having some urges these few days. I was resting today and had a relapse nigthmare. I know that most growth happens during these hardship. So I am trying to stay positive and having a positive self talk. I am also watching some videos on youtube for nofap, educating myself and reminding myself why p*rn is bad.

@michaeljlogan74 Hey bro, hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time. Try to meditate and have a positive self talk. Reflect on your relapse and see if you can learn from it. You are a strong dude. You made it quite far. So keep your head up and get back on it.

I know its easy for me to say that as I am not in your current position, but try being positive and move forward. Remember that after every down there is an up. So good times are ahead.

Sending strength.

Bye and peace.

17 Likes

40 Days Today!!!
With so many temptations every day and I have maintained my sobriety.
I’m so happy with myself. :blush::orange_heart:

20 Likes

Yay congratulations!!! Way to go on 40 days!

1 Like

Another day, another day of crushing depression.

Day 56.

I have today and tomorrow off and would really like to stay busy. Why cant i clean my room? So depressed, trapped in bad patterns. I want a good life. Idk.

Ive heard it gets hard around milestones, and its easy to be complacent. So that worries me. No, I want to be sober for years. I want to be sober and not just languishing in depression either.

15 Likes

Wow that’s awesome. Big congrets🥳

2 Likes

Back to basics Natasha. Always the basics. One day at a time. Just for today. Good days and bad ones. Whatever happens we will not use. Because using doesn’t help, it never does, it will just put us deeper in the sh*t.
I’m happy you’re here. That’s another fundamental. And if you need professional help, medication, therapy, whatever, there’s absolutely no shame in that too. You’re not alone and I’m glad you’re here with us. Hugs.

7 Likes

Congratulations on your 90 days Arno!!

Keep up the great work!
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

4 Likes

Triple congrats!
@ArnovdL 90!
@Deadman 1300!
@Wunderbar 4 years!

7 Likes

Wowzers!!
4 years is some major chunk of ODAATs.
Congratulations Chad!! :boom::boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

5 Likes

You’re not alone and this will pass. Be well.

3 Likes

Great picture, grats on the 1300 days!! Very inspiring, keep at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t Interact much here, but you should know watching you here, all you share and the help you offer is inspiring. Thank you and be well.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve been thinking about you lately. Sometimes thoughts about the future can be scary, but they don’t have to be. So don’t let it dominate. Just like the guilt about drinking. I fully understand your feelings but try to reset and adopt a more helpful mindset that will allow you to move forward. It is good that you express yourself during meetings. Take all the help you need, including here.

4 Likes

Only two days ago, I shared for the first time ever about my fear and insecurities of men despite me being one. In this morning’s meeting I decided it was time to take a leap of faith, and face that fear.
I have a sponsor. A male one :grimacing:

20 Likes

You’re definitely not alone in your lust in alcohol. I usually play with the thoughts my sick mind starts throwing at me; ‘you can drink 1 beer you’ll be fine’ or ‘If I tell myself I’ll stop at 5 it would be cool’. I know these thoughts are full of crap tho, instead I do get very sad at the fact I know I won’t drink cause I can’t. It usually helps to call fellows (sober friends) or go to a meeting and talk about it. Also just avoiding these triggers stop me from thinking about drinking in the first place.

6 Likes

Good job! wow you’re closing in on that 1k huh, but… just for today.

Do you know where your fear of men comes from or is that something you’re still figuring out? I’ve noticed that personally I’m way more at ease talking with females. I’m not sure why, but I think it may have to do with the fact that all of my bullies were men. Or it’s just that women are usually more calm with me.

4 Likes

Ahhh that’s great! And well done for taking this step. I knew you would need something like that. So glad you did it.

4 Likes

This is to everybody here today!

I’m so freaking proud of & inspired by each and every one of you. :yellow_heart: All the ranges of milestones and everyone coming back and continuing to put in the effort to make a better life for yourself. Thanks for being here yall.

18 Likes