Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Hello guys. Checking in day 10.
Gonna watch some tv then go to bed.

Hope you have a great friday night. Stay safe. Peace.

14 Likes

Checking in. Day 55. And I feel really low.
My addiction is gonna cost me my marriage. Iā€™m gonna lose my wife over this. I wish I would have figured this out sooner. Sheā€™s met someone else and it looks like any chance at showing her the man I can be is gone.

But with that being said, I canā€™t lose my sobriety. It has taken too much away from me.
I will not let it take any more.

14 Likes

That sounds really nice. And strong to take the compliments you got. This is hard. Well, for me it is to not wave them away and probably hurting the other person who really meant it.

I hope you enjoy your last days and then I am sure you will make some kilometres somewhere nice. :innocent:

1 Like

Awwww thank you @Lorelai!!! :blush::sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Hey bro Iā€™m really glad youā€™re here too!!! Keep up the great work @1in8billion Iā€™m super proud of you!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Day 42 AFā€¦Iā€™m 42 years old. And my memory tells me Iā€™ve been going around the mountain wanting to give up alcohol since I was 24.
Addictions will stick to us forever if we choose it.
So here I am all these years later still with the thoughts of never drinking again. Thatā€™s a long time, to be trying to be sober.
Itā€™s time for forever Xx

16 Likes

Day 61. I feel sad. Last days were hard on me.

I wish a nice weekend to you all.

20 Likes

I feel ya brother. Last few days have been really hard on me too. But that sobriety is worth holding on to no matter what.

2 Likes

Checking in at 17 days. Much love!

12 Likes

Day 636 :four_leaf_clover:

Have a nice weekend :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

@Rockstar24777 Congratulations!

@Its_me_Stella I am sure u will do great!

@Bluekoolaid Hope u can get a place to live soon. Glad you have a friend who wants to help.

@Sabrina80 That is great!

@Jason1976 That is tough. But whatever happens, u gotta stay sober.

@felipeandrews Hang tight! I hope it passes soon.

5 Likes

Ty. I know I do. Itā€™s all I have.

2 Likes

Amazing!!!

1 Like

Tonight will be day 73 of no self harm eating disorder trigger warning

Iā€™m doing ok for the most part. I ate a meal today but then my stomach couldnā€™t handle a full meal and I ended up throwing up and losing all that food. Tomorrow is Saturday which means I have to eat dinner at the least (causes family drama when I donā€™t). I do want to eat, I just canā€™t seem to. I donā€™t know why this last week Iā€™ve fallen so far back into my anorexia. Nothing happened to cause it. Iā€™m scared but at the same time I find so much comfort in the disease that I donā€™t know if I want to fight it

Something positive: admitted to my best friend the way Iā€™ve been not eating, heā€™s going to be checking in more and making sure I am

14 Likes

Day 104AF
Just keeping it short cause Iā€™ll go to my first IRL NA meeting since Iā€™m out of the clinic tomorrow. Nervous as hell, donā€™t know what to expect. Going with another fellow from the clinic. Good Night!

15 Likes

That is heartbreaking Chris. I am so sorry to hear that.

My wife and I experienced multiple miscarriages and every single one is heartbreaking. Every time youā€™re hoping for something and it doesnā€™t come through. It is so, so hard.

I feel for you brother. Take time to grieve and take time to process this. You will both need that time. Speak with faith leaders or psychologists / counsellors for guidance; this is a process and it will help to have someone there holding your hands as you walk through it.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so glad you are feeling betterā€‹:clap::clap:

1 Like

Im sorry youā€™re going through this; life has unexpected things all the time. Keep doing what youā€™re doing; you never know how things will work out, Jason. She may realize what she had in youā€¦:woman_shrugging:
Glad youā€™re here. :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for those kind words. I pray that sheā€™ll come back to me. Either way, Iā€™m not giving up my sobriety. Iā€™m tired of this addiction taking things away from me.

1 Like

Good Morning :two_hearts:
45 days, feeling a lot better than I have been. Melatonin is helping my quality of sleep, and sobriety makes my consistency with food and exercise a lot easier. Way less binges and guilt. Which is a load off mentally.
Itā€™s funny how that upward spiral works. Itā€™s so hard to do the things we need to when we feel depressed and really need to take care of ourselves, but once you keep at it, and start feeling better and keep doing the things to feel better, it gets easier.
Anyone read the upward spiral? Such an eye opening book.
Anyway, Saturday here, getting ready for the gym before work. Then a relaxing afternoon, itā€™s raining here in Aus, finally time to slow down and enjoy the cozy winter activities. My daughter has just discovered Harry Potter, so I know what we will be marathoning this weekend haha.
Stay awesome everyone, Iā€™m so proud of you all for being here.

16 Likes