Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

イタリアにも暑いです。そして、ふつかまえに沢山雨が降りました。

今、仕事に行って、今日沢山がありめす。

また、ね。

1 Like

Aaah thanks. I have some perspective today and can see it for the ridiculousness that it was. And yes to the Health visitor! Some have the strangest, most narrow views. I love hearing about different cultures and their parenting. We sat with both children until they fell asleep, worked for us and they are only little for a small time really.

3 Likes

Day 9 started , creeping up on those double digits !

12 Likes

Day 14 for me got a job interview today aswell first interview I have ever been on😎

15 Likes

I am sorry to hear about Penny, and that you are feeling down. That is a lot to contend with. I have chronic fatigue and can’t always get out even though I need it. Sometimes just sitting on the front step works to life my spirits, or even sitting by an open window.

I hope your day improves :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Oh man that sounds really tough, you must be exhausted before you start the day! You are showing amazing resilience atm. As the teachers used to say “A for Effort” :star:

2 Likes

Day 654

Another Friday when I am running round like a blue-arsed fly trying to do clashing kids’ stuff after work😥. I have almost finished some research help for my boss, so will be able to hand that in on time, which will be a relief, and then I can spend time on my books for book club again. I missed doing some stuff for me. It is the middle of the semester, so there are a few mid-term tests, etc, so the classes are easy, but the grading is a little time consuming. Even though it is not that hot yet, I am already worried about heat stroke and my kids dying. I wish my brain didn’t catastrophise in this way.

19 Likes

Beautiful and shiny! :wink:

1 Like

Nice saying! I had to laugh about it. :grin:

2 Likes

Got the job start next Friday

11 Likes

Wow fantastic news!! Congratulations :partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

AF- 149 days… depression is a s.o.b I feel like it intensified when getting sober. I have good days in waves but it feels harder to get out of it when I’m not numbing my feelings. That being said I am very active go to the gym 5 days a week and hiking, kayaking anything outdoors I go and do to try and keep my mental health stable. I also talk to a therapist. This may be an early stage effect of being AF after many years of self destructive behavior. But I’m not giving up it has to be better than the alternative… it’s ok to not pretend to be ok all the time right?!

20 Likes

That’s fast! Congratulations!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Day 1093

TGIF. Life goes so fast these days, each just blurs into next and before I know it the weekend is upon me again already…

Well I’m pretty darn excited because… :drum::drum::drum: Stranger Things season 4 started today :partying_face: i just need to watch my last episode of the Lincoln Lawyer and then I can start stranger things.
So tonight, I have a date with Netflix, herbal tea and a block of clinkers chocolate snuggled under a blanket - my kind of perfect Friday night. Added bonus is that I’m doing it sober so in the morning I will remember exactly what I had watched.

These “gifts” of sobriety never grow old, no matter what sort of day I’ve had I’ve never regretted not drinking to get through it.

22 Likes

Thank you so much! You just did give me a taste of it and I felt it. I am going to screenshot that and keep it to read all the time before I go to the lake this summer. Now that I think about it everything you said is what it has been like when I go up there and I long for the times when I enjoyed those things when I was sober which was basically when I was 12 years old

2 Likes

100% it’s ok to not be ok!!!
I agree and think you’re going through the motions of learning to really feel your feelings without having alcohol to numb them. And that’s a huge thing to learn to do.
Dealing with life on life’s terms and having to acknowledge, face, actually sit with and process what’s going on within… that’s not easy shit to do. We don’t get to “escape” reality or our feelings anymore…
It’s great to hear you have a therapist you can share with, and you’ve got all of us too :wink:
And 100% not giving up is waaaaay better than the alternative. Good times pass, bad times pass, we just need to learn to ride through the waves. Sending hugs x

6 Likes

Checking in day 3. Been catching up on alot of the posts on here. Great to see some of the people on here from before still here and doing so well. And to the people just starting out again or for the first time, stick with it. Have a good people. :v:

14 Likes

Yes! :partying_face: Looking forward to watch it too!
Have fun tonight!

2 Likes

Got it within 10 minutes definitely the fact a was sharp and on ball another reason for clean living

7 Likes