Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Check in on day 268.
Still no improvements so still sick. The doctor wants to see me again on Monday, which I do understand because the fever just won’t go down. I try to take care of myself as best I can so rest and in between do some reading and attending online meetings. But today is a day that I have been waiting for a long time because the new season of my favorite series Stranger Things is on Netflix since today. So today being sick isn’t so bad. That means watching episodes in a row in chill mode. doctor’s prescription :smiley:

18 Likes

@Cloyboy89 congratulations on the new job!!

2 Likes

…1225…

I read this and it seemed like something the world needs. One of the best parts of this wonderul place is that we have people from all over the world, with all types of perspectives. Such a wonderful thing to have. To learn how others view the world, internalize it…and grow.

from “The Pocket Pema Chodron (Shambhala Pocket Classics)” by Pema Chödrön -

“WE are different; we are very different from each other. One person’s idea of what is polite is someone else’s idea of what is rude. In some cultures it’s considered rude to belch when you’re eating, and in others it shows that you enjoyed your meal. What might smell repulsive to one person might smell wonderful to another. We are really different, and we have to acknowledge that. But instead of going to war because of our differences, let’s play soccer. It will be a strange game, given our instruction to let others have the victory and keep the defeat to ourselves, but that doesn’t mean that we play to lose; it means that we play to play. We could play together, even though we’re on opposite teams. There are no big stakes, just playing. There are different teams; otherwise the game won’t work. But it doesn’t have to lead to World War III or the destruction of the planet.”

Stay sober friends!

19 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 712. I hope everybody has a good one!

16 Likes

Reset my timer last night.

I feel regret. I should have dug deeper and reached out more.

I am sharing today because pride - or maybe more precisely, shielding myself from (self-) doubt and fear - is a struggle for me. This sense that I need to know and be everything before I am enough.

This entrepreneurship project has brought me closer to this sensitive point than I’ve ever been. It is the biggest leap I’ve ever taken, with the biggest stakes. I am scared.

I don’t need to know and be everything. I don’t need to have every base covered myself, to be adequate for what I am doing. To be enough.

31 Likes

Day 4 yesterday was hard, harder then I thought I don’t like ppl seeing me cry so I shed my tears as silent as possible but it was a honor to send my grandfather off properly and say good bye, they asked me to be a Paul barror which was also a honor…from there I jetted right to my meeting at st joes, got trained in narcan and was completely honest about my slip, I am seeing my triggers more now but I need to get out of the habit loop of acting on them and find healthier things, I am going to be trying the vivitrol shot and we made a deal that if this doesn’t work I will try a 28 day sober living inpatient. Today I have a appointment to see about getting me into some housing and help with that, excited I suppose. I wish I didn’t feel so lost and dumb in life sometimes but I know with work it will get better. Much love

27 Likes

Checking in - 2 years, 3 months, 6 days. My mouth hurts . I got 3 teeth pulled yesterday and my cat has kept me up all night last night… I have work in about an hour and I haven’t gone to a meeting in over a week but I have one tonight that I can hit. This physical pain sucks but I needed to get it done. I had so much dental work that needed to be done because of my addiction… it took about a year maybe a little less but I am basically finally all done with it. Just need to call the dentist and see what they can do about maybe a bridge or something and I will be done :heavy_check_mark:but yeah I am grateful for that I was brave enough to do the procedure yesterday and I wasn’t even prepared to do it but I did it and I just kept hearing my HP talking to me thru it. I was listening to Him the entire time. I am so
Happy I can do that now. Anyway I hope today goes well. It’s another day sober so I am happy and grateful. :kite::purple_heart:

25 Likes

Big up siz… That’s awesome to see those numbers.

Here quick checking in.
I did a reset on smoking and prescription drugs also. The last one was pretty obvious but I definitely hope to kill the ciggies in the near future for sure… So back to my five minutes milestone :wave:t3::wave:t3:

I hope I get the green light to get back sporting again soon.

Bless ya’ll

6 Likes

@Matt They do say honesty is the most important thing in recovery, we are here to listen :purple_heart:

@anon53116147 May your grandfather rest in peace :pray:

5 Likes

Day 714 clean and sober today. My wife Donna would have been 53 years old today and as hard as it is, I’d like to believe that Corey is with his Mom now and that gives me a sense of comfort. Happy Birthday amazing and beautiful woman we all love and miss you you dearly :heart::rose::heart::rose::heart::rose:

35 Likes

Day 9 reporting in.

Hit over a week which I’m ecstatic about. Something I’ve been thankful for is the practice of journaling each day in the calender feature of this app.

I always forgot around this time in sobriety how detrimental drinking was in my life. Alcoholics don’t have the best memories lmao. Reading it back it’s a cyclone of nausea, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia, I mean you name it. Detoxing sucks and it gets worse each time.

Today I’m grateful for the opportunity to feel. Just really anything normal and not chemically induced. It’s a real blessing being able to feel joy and happiness, but I find even feeling frustration and real sadness to be refreshing. It’s different then being hungover and not trusting anything I’m feeling due to the knowledge of a self imposed chemical imbalance. Whenever I would be wrought with self doubt I’d always think “it’s just the booze,” or “I’m just hungover.” It’s like booze gave me an excuse to put my emotions on the sideline, just waiting to be real again.

Well, here’s to another sober day filled with all the things we’d been missing. I’m excited to be sober with you all today.

25 Likes

I’m so sorry about Penny. I’m thinking about you and also hoping your ankle heels soon. It’s so difficult when we have an injury that keeps up from doing the things that help us feel better. Sending healing thoughts♥️

2 Likes

Hi, i love your post, I relate to what you’re saying 100%.I also love the journal feature and read it back all the time, mostly the good/green days because I still cringe at the bad/red days but I do read them.
Well done on the days you’ve got under your belt, keep on keeping on :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Checking in. Still sober 14.5 days soon. Getting ready for work. Son has a tball game tonight, looking forward to that. His team does so well. It’s nice out right now going to be 81 degrees today which is mild for Arkansas. Anyway I’ll check in later. So far sobriety has been easy for me since my wife doesn’t drink and we have 4 kids to keep me busy. Tball, piano, gymnastics. Possibly headed to my MIL next weekend and she is a leader of celebrate recovery so everyone there is sober too. Can’t remember the last time I was at a family event sober. Since I knew they were all sober I would hide my drinking for them. Like fill up a mixed drink in a bottle or a to go cup from fast food. Now I can just be sober. Also my son had his preK graduation last night.

33 Likes

I believe the closest person to us greets us when we arrive, I’m sure they are, Rob.
Sending hugs your way. :hugs:

6 Likes

Day 11. The challenge this weekend will be two graduation parties but I think I’ve got this.

17 Likes

Thank you Donna :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Day 69 !!! Got to keep it going!!!
Prayers to all. :pray::pray::pray:

11 Likes

Thanks so much! Congrats as well and you’re the best. Hope the day is full of awesomeness for you PinkyP!

2 Likes

Good morning all. Checking in on day 280. Sleep schedule has been heel for the past two weeks. Maybe getting three hours in bed and hour so throughout the day. Had one day I slept nine straight but other than that not much. Used to little sleep but also remember HALT so trying to meet the others. Take care and stay safe.

15 Likes