Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Absolutely, congratulations !

2 Likes

Thank you so much and thank you again for making the perfect memorials for Corey and Donna, I love them so much! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Congratulations!:tada:

2 Likes

Itā€™s the only time I see you coming here and checking in after. Thatā€™s already a win. You always give so much. Itā€™s time to accept and receive help. :pray:

3 Likes

day 75. Really hard, but still sober.

18 Likes

Checking in, 1990 days, I managed 7 work hours yesterday as well driving my twins to all their activities. Will try for the same today, or maybe more ā€“ I donā€™t have to do as much driving around today but I would like to try to make a home-cooked meal. Have a good sober day, everyone!

20 Likes

Finishing up landscaping work today , one more area of sod to lay ā€¦ minor areas to clean up ā€¦ got a break cause of the rain . Made a pizza and drinking some whey protein. Trying to get away from Using caffeine as my energy source as it produces anxious feelings and is short lived with a crash ā€¦ so Iā€™m trying to eat for energy .

Basic goals today

1. Look up these typing classes my friend sent me and resume builder
  2. Call some alcoholics
  3. Clean room
  4. Wash clothes
  5. Play guitar
  6. Ride bike into downtown when it cools down

I hope everyone has a good day ā€¦ stay strong and donā€™t be afraid to reach out ā€¦ I realize that for me ā€¦ communication is probably half the reason Iā€™m still sober

23 Likes

Day 248 feeling good running my home city marathon on Sunday the things you can do in recovery when u put your mind to it :pray:t2:

16 Likes

Extremely bad day so far, very negative exchange with my mother, who is a deeply toxic person. I spent the morning googling things I wonā€™t put here due to potentially triggering someone but then signed up for therapy on betterhelp. Iā€™ll try that for a month and see how it goes because my mental health is absolutely awful. Less desire than ever to drink though, weirdly.

12 Likes

Well done Brian xxxxxxx

2 Likes

Feeling under the weather today, it started last night with a sore throat that was quite bad this morning. Now fever and chills and achy. We have a friend coming to town to visit tonight for the weekend so this timing is awful. Iā€™ll have to take a COVID testā€¦ugh. Trying not to feel too sorry for myself and just rest up.

20 Likes

Felt tempted fhis evening. Its been sunny and ive just got a week offā€¦ so Iā€™m staying focussed and will watch a film and get an early night

12 Likes

Got out of work early :raised_hands: :hugs: in the past i would have bought a whole bunch of alcohol and not stopped drinking until monday. I was a little nervous coming home but this is a safe placeā€¦ i already made the decision not to drink today so theres no negotiation. I just dont like that my mind even goes there. Oh well i guess this is recovery

14 Likes

I really appreciate that! I agree and I spent enough time destroying so I can spend the time building! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Fuck intrusive thoughts of drinking. That is all.

13 Likes

Hooray!!!

3 Likes

Good luck on that. I honestly was never able to make it past the 10K. 26 miles is an insane amount of running. :muscle:

1 Like

Rob, your strength is inspiring. Iā€™m so glad youā€™re here.

3 Likes

Checking in on day 350. Beautiful sunny day, and itā€™s actually starting to feel a bit like summer finally. Looking forward to the long weekend here in the US to spend time with the kids. Hope everyone has a lovely and sober weekend.

@RosaCanDo oh no, I hope you feel better soon! Rest well and take good care of yourself!

18 Likes

Checking in on day 384. Last day of school for all of our kiddos. Our second oldest son was awarded student of the year for his 6th grade class out of 300+ kids so that was awesome to see. He had no idea it was coming. Super proud parent moment for us. Wifeā€™s work wasnā€™t going to let her attend the kidsā€™ awards ceremonies today with a weeks notice so she called out this morning the day of. Glad she did, we had a great day together celebrating the kidsā€™ accomplishments. Work will replace you tomorrow if you quit, family generally wonā€™t. Have a great day everyone. Itā€™s a great day to be above ground and sober.

20 Likes