The rest of the team sucked but we did actually lose because of …
And ten years later, in hindsight it all made sense…
Your definitely right about the funny part this gringo ginger soccer player just looked like a turtle with no sun protection factor “go-go-gadget lobster allert 100”
Congratulations on your 12 days AM
I hope you’re able to come out on top of those 2 events today. Let go and Let God. And breathe.
I love that intense screen shot you got there. Beautiful.
Freaking amazing.
Thanks so much, I’m glad to be here. I’m sure not having this community would’ve led to my detriment and I’m happy to have leaned into it this time around
Are you going to watch the match tonight? It was so unfair that Feyenoord had lost. Really depends on the referee (scheidsrechter). They played a really good game
We are having the craziest weather here ! The other day, we had a daytime storm that turned the sky black, rain, hail…
And tonight, crazy lightning !! I tried to upload a short video clip, but the system won’t let me.
Is that normal ?
In any event, I’m off to bed, though I suspect that this isn’t going to be a very restful night if this keeps up !
13 days now…
Goodnight, all.
Congrats on your three days @eph-M-eral and making it through a “bar exam” also (being around people drinking, the party last night). Hope you will find your peace and joy in your drinking self and be able to fully embrace yourself sober. It is a good place to be as you know. Good to see you, good to see you at the three days. For you and your sobriety… a gift from me.
Day 8 - Checking in once again as I start my second week. I had a lovely weekend catching up with old friends and it’s been good to get out and about in the world again.
On the train back my very tired brain started prodding me with temptation but I ignored it. Which was a lovely positive step as tiredness is often my worst enemy. I tried to open back up to my feelings and was partially successful. I realised I have been feeling a bit lost lately and whilst I am living in a friends spare room I feel like I have lost my identity. I am just someone who is a bit part in other people’s lives.
But I tell myself that this will pass and I have to be positive for the future. Take the time to set up something better for both myself and my kids.
@Deep Well done on coming back and being accountable. It’s a tough thing to do but you are taking a positive step. The progress you have made is not lost. Keep on your journey. I believe in you!
Checking in at 2 years, 3 months and 7 days. Since yesterday I have been wanting to get high after my meeting. I had the realization that my addiction probably worked it’s way into getting me into the relationship w the recovering addict I am “with” and that my addiction got me into this relationship hoping I would relapse eventually, become codependent, stop focusing on my recovery. It made perfect sense. Cunning, baffling and powerful. Well I told my sponsor and she told me to start step one. So I am finally doing the steps after 2 years sober… I am powerless. I honestly feel like I am going crazy… I keep trying to mentally fight this disease. I obsess all the time. I have all these crazy thoughts… it’s more than just drugs and alcohol. Well yeah so I am really doing this but I notice my addiction keeps taking me off track like wants me to do other things instead of do my step work like go outside and play basketball close to ppl
Who recreationally smoke weed… or wait for the guy who cheated on me to get money from other women to call… or change into clothes that I don’t like the way they look on me so I know I feel bad about myself. Literally my addiction is trying to sabotage me and it’s so weird bc it feels like it’s me but 2 years into
This I’m realizing it’s my addiction!!! I have to choose recovery and do my step work, talk to my sponsor and other recovering addicts. I hope I can do this!
Hi, your post hit me hard, as I could of written the story myself. I am 3yrs sober this weekend, but honesty feel I live each day by the hang of a thread. “Surrender” is a big word, but it is one that I know will set me free - if that makes sense. Good luck with your steps, and I am proud of you for your honesty.