Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

I can see you playing against them and they’re running like the wind! I bet that was fun!

2 Likes

The rest of the team sucked but we did actually lose because of …

cd3e088e2b5562821d2dbe5dc9b6c437--san-diego-chargers-gigi

And ten years later, in hindsight it all made sense…

Your definitely right about the funny part :rofl: this gringo ginger soccer player just looked like a turtle :turtle: with no sun protection factor “go-go-gadget lobster allert 100”

Big hug for you sarge !

2 Likes

Day 15 for me stronger everyday

15 Likes

Remarkable picture! Thank you very much!:sunny:

Hopefully times a great healer

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 12 days AM
I hope you’re able to come out on top of those 2 events today. Let go and Let God. And breathe.
I love that intense screen shot you got there. Beautiful.
Freaking amazing.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

4 Likes

Thanks so much, I’m glad to be here. I’m sure not having this community would’ve led to my detriment and I’m happy to have leaned into it this time around

4 Likes

Day 70 !! So glad for my program, God, and this support forum. Prayers to all of you :pray::pray::pray:

10 Likes

Almost match time. Have a nice and sober game. You can do it. we watch together :tulip:

1 Like

Thank youuuu @Dazercat

1 Like

Are you going to watch the match tonight? It was so unfair that Feyenoord had lost. Really depends on the referee (scheidsrechter). They played a really good game

1 Like

Safely into Day 3.

Thank you, all, for the huge warm welcome back. It means the world to me. :orange_heart:

I wanted to post last night, but I got in so late. I had already made plans a week ago to attend a gathering (boozy) at a colleague’s, and I didn’t want to decline. I let my companion know beforehand I wouldn’t be drinking, and he supported me fully. I actually had no desire to drink last night and had a lovely time. I also just watched. How some guests were ambivalent about their glass of wine beside them, oblivious to it, even. They left without finishing. While others poured shot after shot, glass after glass. For my part, I know if I had been drinking, I wouldn’t have been present to the people around me, some of the great conversation. Too much of my mind would be focused on the drink in front of me and the one(s) that would come after.

Like he said :point_down:

Yep. 100%. While I don’t plan on testing myself with more boozy gatherings in these early days, thankfully - this resonates with me right now. :point_down:

Yes. Like, there’s really no question now! And no pointing in conducting the experiment ever again. As much as I may wish I hadn’t picked up a drink some months back, if I can turn that into stronger resolve for sober day after day after day… it’s not wasted. You’re right - thank you, Claudia! :relieved:

@Alycia and @Miranda - I’m not sure we crossed paths when I was here before, but to know you see yourselves in my words and I in yours is a massive comfort.

@Matt I deeply appreciate and respect you and your honesty. :pray:

@Rockstar24777 Hugs and condolences and gratitude for you and your example.

Onward, friends. Big love to all. :orange_heart:

21 Likes

We are having the craziest weather here ! The other day, we had a daytime storm that turned the sky black, rain, hail…
And tonight, crazy lightning !! I tried to upload a short video clip, but the system won’t let me.
Is that normal ?

In any event, I’m off to bed, though I suspect that this isn’t going to be a very restful night if this keeps up !
13 days now…
Goodnight, all.

11 Likes

Day 249 checking in :pray:t2:

14 Likes

Congrats on your three days @M-be-free49 and making it through a “bar exam” also (being around people drinking, the party last night). Hope you will find your peace and joy in your drinking self and be able to fully embrace yourself sober. It is a good place to be as you know. Good to see you, good to see you at the three days. For you and your sobriety… a gift from me.

18 Likes

Day 8 - Checking in once again as I start my second week. I had a lovely weekend catching up with old friends and it’s been good to get out and about in the world again.

On the train back my very tired brain started prodding me with temptation but I ignored it. Which was a lovely positive step as tiredness is often my worst enemy. I tried to open back up to my feelings and was partially successful. I realised I have been feeling a bit lost lately and whilst I am living in a friends spare room I feel like I have lost my identity. I am just someone who is a bit part in other people’s lives.

But I tell myself that this will pass and I have to be positive for the future. Take the time to set up something better for both myself and my kids.

@Deep Well done on coming back and being accountable. It’s a tough thing to do but you are taking a positive step. The progress you have made is not lost. Keep on your journey. I believe in you!

11 Likes

Checking in at 2 years, 3 months and 7 days. Since yesterday I have been wanting to get high after my meeting. I had the realization that my addiction probably worked it’s way into getting me into the relationship w the recovering addict I am “with” and that my addiction got me into this relationship hoping I would relapse eventually, become codependent, stop focusing on my recovery. It made perfect sense. Cunning, baffling and powerful. Well I told my sponsor and she told me to start step one. So I am finally doing the steps after 2 years sober… I am powerless. I honestly feel like I am going crazy… I keep trying to mentally fight this disease. I obsess all the time. I have all these crazy thoughts… it’s more than just drugs and alcohol. Well yeah so I am really doing this but I notice my addiction keeps taking me off track like wants me to do other things instead of do my step work like go outside and play basketball close to ppl
Who recreationally smoke weed… or wait for the guy who cheated on me to get money from other women to call… or change into clothes that I don’t like the way they look on me so I know I feel bad about myself. Literally my addiction is trying to sabotage me and it’s so weird bc it feels like it’s me but 2 years into
This I’m realizing it’s my addiction!!! I have to choose recovery and do my step work, talk to my sponsor and other recovering addicts. I hope I can do this!

17 Likes

Hi, your post hit me hard, as I could of written the story myself. I am 3yrs sober this weekend, but honesty feel I live each day by the hang of a thread. “Surrender” is a big word, but it is one that I know will set me free - if that makes sense. Good luck with your steps, and I am proud of you for your honesty.

5 Likes

Evening check in

Starting to find my routine here in Florida. I had originally planned to stay with a friend but then discussed plans with my dad about helping him and a contractor friend turn the guestroom into a separate part of the house with separate entry and kitchen . They want to do it for house property value and had already planned but also to help me. I know that me and my family have work to do But not everything can get solved in a couple months. This is an opportunity to keep working on myself in a stable environment. I must stay in my own lane and not worry what other people are doing .

I’m Grateful to be sober and I feel myself entering a new chapter. Because of my alcoholism and mental health I’ve always had to live in toxic environments or places I don’t really want to be. Or I had to be living in a tent. But I don’t want to live that way anymore.

when I say I feel that I’m entering a new chapter it’s because I’m thinking about careers and ways to learn new skills. A friend has been motivating me to use some of my customer service skills to try to find better jobs that are less physically demanding than construction or restaurant work. I’ve been taking these typing classes the last couple days. And reading about how to send proper emails. For now I will take the humbling job and deal with it while on my off time learning new skills so that I can apply to better Jobs. If I got some kind of office job I would definitely start at the bottom and I’m trying to look into ways to start learning some of the stuff before then. I will play two hours a guitar a day instead of four. So two hours will go towards new skills.

I’m Grateful for this moment right now. Where things are calm. I feel like things are paying off because for a while I was questioning everything even though I was trying really hard. I’m learning that it comes in waves. And it’s usually really never that big of a deal. I just have to talk to somebody. And get up and do something positive :grinning:

I hope everybody has a good night. Stay strong

21 Likes

@anon53116147 I totally agree with this post.

You want to escape your life, which has been constricted and reduced by drug use. And u escape with more drug use.
I was the same, but with alcohol.
You need to take drugs out of the equation, and make a life so rich u don’t want to use.
That doesn’t mean a fancy life, necessarily. But a satisfying one.

4 Likes