Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Congratulations @mamador on your 60 days!

1 Like

Thank you so much @Cjp for your insight. Yes, I need to speak positively about the job loss. I hope to secure a position soon. It has been one month. I was able to get letters if recommendation from my Board President and from another two Trustees. Those should help too. Deep breathā€¦.cross your fingers. Next week are my interviews. Thanks, Mike

1 Like

:high_brightness: Morning Check in :high_brightness:
Day 106
Woke up in a really weird mood. But once I got going I was fine. Had to catch up on a lot of phone calls that I had been procrastinating on for a while. But I got them done! Now I am working on some ideas for gluten free cupcakes/brownies that I need to bake for a birthday party. Itā€™s a double birthday so it will be fun to bake and decorate a variety of designs and flavors. Nothing else is really new I guess.
Hope everyone is having am addiction free day!
:tulip::heartpulse::seedling:

15 Likes

Checking in. I had to take a prescribed narcotic today for
My appointment and I think it made me feel highā€¦ I used it as correctly but Iā€™m scared it effected me too
Much now Iā€™m suppose to go to a meeting w my sponsor and I feel like so guilty and ashamed rnā€¦ I hate this feeling.

9 Likes

You used it as prescribed so itā€™s no fault of yours Flannery. No guilt. Good youā€™re sharing about it and not bottling it up inside. Just keep going. Hugs.

9 Likes

Thank you that makes me feel a lot better :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Itā€™s been nice even though it started rough lol, but Iā€™m glad Iā€™m here every day!

1 Like

Thank youu! Weā€™re like 2 days apart I think, and I feel like itā€™s cool having people here that made these choices around the same time, it feels like a class or something lol! I know thereā€™s no graduating but still! The camaraderie is everything sometimes

2 Likes

Day 15, hello all. Feeling good with my progress but in bad shape today with hives from a severe allergic reaction. At urgent care office getting a steroid and Benadryl shot.

11 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s definitely been some rough times here and there for sure (so many lol), but Iā€™m glad to finally be getting better at knowing myself which was honestly the hardest part I think getting into this

Wow, that is amazing, I love it :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

There is no shame in following Drā€™s instructions Flannery. You are here being open and honest about your feelings which is amazing, I am glad you didnā€™t keep that bottled up inside. That type of stuff makes me sick. I hope you have a great meeting and feel lots of support from your sponsor. :heart:

2 Likes

Made it through a strange day yesterday by communicating and sticking to routinesā€¦ I would like to thank this community and the people that reached out yesterday ā€¦ Iā€™m still terrified of alcohol. Iā€™m terrified because I constantly remind myself about the truth of alcohol. I hope it stays that way .

Spent today trying to continue moving forward. Iā€™ve been applying to a lot of jobs out of my comfort zone. Iā€™ve had to switch emails on my indeed account and forgot to update. I got an email Thursday for a loan processor job that is really good. I didnā€™t make any excuses for not seeing the email I just expressed interest if itā€™s still available or anything else. One of the qualifications was typing so Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve been taking these classes and trying to practice and get my form back from high school haha. Hopefully the position has not been filled and it was only a phone interview request. But itā€™s progress. Iā€™m going to keep applying to better jobs. I have an interview for a position at a dry cleaner on Thursday which I will do temporary until I find the right job Iā€™m looking for. I have 15 years of customer service experience. Iā€™m going to find a way to utilize this experience in a more professional environment that can lead to a career.

Iā€™m going to try to stay positive today and keep working towards my goals. I hope that everybody has a good day. Stay strong.

18 Likes

I canā€™t remember if i checked in todayā€¦ hahah jeepers thatā€™s bad. Anyways, Iā€™m going to check in againā€¦

Substance free for 884 days
SH free for 403 days
Sugar free for 19.75 days.

Trigger warning ED
As some of you know I have been having therapy to try to help me with my eating disorder. It has helped for sure, I feel like with anything it is very messy though. Being the seasoned addict that I am messy is difficult for me so immediately I try to get my fingers in there to ā€œfixā€ everything the way I see fit. Itā€™s just not working. I can see how the 12 steps could possibly work around my eating disorder but I am having a hard time with the abstinence part of it. Being that I suffer with anorexia and sugar addiction itā€™s just so super fucked up. So I need to abstain from sugar or I am a fiending addict who tears her house apart, shoveling ridiculous things into her mouth trying to get a sugar fix. When I live like this the only calories I consume are from sugar. Now the anorexic in me LOVES restricting thingsā€¦ so once those first ten days of jonesing for sweets is done with I love not feeding myself sugar which triggers other eating disorder thoughts and behaviors. I feel like i just canā€™t win, itā€™s pretty fuckedā€¦ anyways I am surrendering and I am going to Overeaters Anonymous tonight. Fuck this shit, sick of suffering.

20 Likes

Fifty two days today sober. Been sleeping well but feeling stressed with work. Doesnā€™t actually make me want to drink, more escape away. Luckily Iā€™m away for a couple of days now for the silver jubilee.

Iā€™m still focused. No regrets at not drinking. :pray:

10 Likes

Checking in at day 272.
I especially took my rest today and the doctor tells me to measure and write down my temperature in the near future. If there is no improvement I may have to see an internist. I also worked on step 1 from the workbook. For now Iā€™m watching Birds of Prey. This film is on the Dutch TV now. I had not seen it yet and the film is already from 2020 it is a sequel of suicide squid but is now only about the girlfriend of the joker. Not much more to tell about my day except that I made it again today without having to fight or survive but just keep living. Iā€™m going to bed soon.
I wish everyone a good night or an addiction free day :tulip:

11 Likes

Checking in on day 212. Today marks 7 months! For some reason Iā€™m not too happy :thinking: My health has improved a lot and I should be proud, but Iā€™m somewhat melancholic lately. I guess itā€™s just a phase! :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re struggling like this. I donā€™t know much about eating disorders and sugar addiction. But I can imagine that as with other addictions there are triggers that might make it worse? In my case it was the other way around, I used and then I couldnā€™t eat and finally I didnā€™t weigh anything. I hope you find the strength to become healthy in all areas of life but not all at once and take it easy. Maybe you can make a plan for a week what you can do every day to get your health on the right track. Then you have a little more overview. Anyway youā€™re already on it, youā€™re here and youā€™re sharing. I wish you good luck and get well soon :tulip:

1 Like

63 days today. My sleep is a bit out of whack again. Getting ready to head off to the gym before work. I donā€™t have a lot of energy but I know Iā€™ll feel better afterwards.
Still feeling like a bit of a ghost atm, like no one really sees me. I work, and have lots happening at home, but outside of that I feel a bit invisible. I need to find some friends, just so damn time poor.
Anyway, have a great day everyone.
@mamador we are so close in our sober dates, itā€™s nice to have that feeling of doing this thing together with others. Makes it feel a little bit easier.
@Matt im sorry your struggling. One day, just today. Take it easy. We are here for you.

20 Likes

Thank you Stella! Hope you are doing good :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like