Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Hey guys. Checking in day 5. I missed yesterday checkin. So sorry.

I turned 25 yesterday. Had a nice pizza and a cake.

@LaDyLooNtje Hello, congrats on reaching 9 months. Thats a great achievement.

Have a nice day guys.

18 Likes

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!! This is amazing :star_struck:

3 Likes

Killing it my man!

3 Likes

I am so glad ur on the path of recovery. Being around someone who uses can be difficult for many reasons (as u know) but I am glad that u donā€™t have that desire to use as of right now. I do know (and it may have been mentioned), but that u can test posotve for meth if ur around others doing it. So being around ur bf while he uses may end up being an issue for ur drug tests and ultimately for u getting ur kiddo back. Hope that everything works out for everyoneā€™s health and safety (u and ur child :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Good morning everyone, day 16. Itā€™s been a rough couple of weeks both medically and professionally with work. Iā€™m staying strong with not drinking but my confidence is wavering. I realize the stress (and various health issues!) do not get better with alcohol. Anyway, taking it a day at a time.

15 Likes

Hope ur doing well Mike! Thinking of ya!

3 Likes

thanks girl! That is definitely true. We work hard for it and we can be proud! I sure am :tulip:

3 Likes

Checking in. 74 hours no alchohol.

20 Likes

@Deep @Lorelai
Thank you very much guys :heart: Iā€™m very happy :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome Tom! Congratulations on ur 74 hours! How are you managing? This is a great place for support! Glad ur here!

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome. I am managing. It is hard but 1 day at a time.

Itā€™s really hard this time cause my drinking has finally caused my marriage to end. Fighting hard to make this time different.

12 Likes

:point_up::blush:
:point_down::smirk:
I still keep a tracker from when I started here; no regrets!

39 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that about ur marriage. Addictions definitly put a strain on relationships :frowning: as awful as this situation is, I am glad that u are working on urself. Hopefully ur partner will see the change overtime :slight_smile: but ur rightā€¦ its one day at a time

3 Likes

Thank you. Like you said my focus needs to be on myself. I will be check on here daily. I have been getting a lot of good support here.

4 Likes

I love this!!! A huuuugggeee congratulations to u my friend! 2 years is absolutely incredible! U must be so proud :clap: I am proud of u and thankful for u. Ur an incredible presence here on TS! Hugs!!!

2 Likes

Day 9 Sober. Thankful!!!

15 Likes

Thank you Dana. Iā€™m doing ok today is day 1. And down at meeting for Intake. I canā€™t lie today now Iā€™m not wanting to go, Iā€™m still going to. But Iā€™m so scared, Iā€™m mad why I canā€™t do this on my own Iā€™ve done it before. And the fact can go lengths when I really want it makes me feel I donā€™t need rehab. Iā€™m terrified to leave my girls, they need me, and honestly I need them I donā€™t want to be away from them. Idk

15 Likes

Hope the surgery goes smoothly and your recovery time is quick and pain-free!

3 Likes

Hooray @DLS Donna on two years! Youā€™re an inspiration! I really like the idea of keeping an original attempt timer, too. :heart:

3 Likes

Hey Everyone. Been awhile since Iā€™ve posted. Been doing good lately, but last night I let myself relapse. A bad one, I donā€™t remember going to bed last night. I tried some tools in my box, but just couldnā€™t quiet the voice. Looking back on it, I know what triggered me and I can see why I wasnā€™t able to control it. This has been a long journey and at first I didnā€™t really know what to look for in a relapse, but I am getting better at it and building my toolbox to help cope with that addictive voice. Iā€™ll add something new so the next time I can work through it and stay sober.

Itā€™s been a tough year with everything going on in my life, but I know that this is the one step I need to take to better my life. Taking a lighter day today to rest up and go easy on myself. I will get back at it in full force tomorrow.

12 Likes