Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Glad you understand me :blush: Just stick in the ā€œnowā€. Do not look ahead. Today is enough for now, you are doing great believe me! Recovery is scary I know! Changes are scary! But you will get there, day by day! Little steps! :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Day 16. Off out for a walk. Sleeping ten till five most days. Feel blessed to be back on track

18 Likes

So glad you went back, they found the problem and they fixed it. Wishing you continued uneventful quick healing and recovery. You will get yourself back quickly I just know it. Beautiful pic.

1 Like

Coffee. Iā€™m sober and clean. Nothing that happens can make me drink or smoke. Only I can do that. I wonā€™t today. One day at a time.

Letā€™s make today as good a day as we all can friends. However hard it is, we can make it through clean and sober. There is no alternative. Love from the Oude Kerk in Amsterdam.

29 Likes

Good morning everyone. I hope that everyone is well this morning.
Over here, despite crazy rain and hail and wind yesterday, things are quite calm today, and somewhat cooler, which is not a bad thing.
By tonight, I willl be on 10 days, and thatā€™s not a bad thing either!
By the way, after having communicated with the moderators, this account (Daishippai) is going to be anonymized, and Iā€™m going to go back to my old account under the username Fokusnik. Not that itā€™s of any great importance, I just wanted to let you all know.
Anyway, I hope that everyone has a good day today.

16 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 38. Had a great time on my trip. Im exhausted. I have so much catching up to do! Service was real spotty in most of the places I was. So ill keep it short and share my fav part of my trip

My cousins house I was staying at, has a shower outside overlooking a meadow. I decided to use that shower at dusk, going for a whole vibe. Well, as soon as I started the shower, a doe walked out of the little treeline there and just started grazing. The whole scenario was just so peaceful. My soul was completely at ease in that moment. I have never felt so content in my life, that I can remember. It was just. Wow.

Hereā€™s a pic of the view from the shower, I didnā€™t have my phone with me when the deer was out there :disappointed_relieved: but itā€™s something Iā€™ll never forget.

17 Likes

How lovely, glad you had a great time :sparkling_heart:

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men.
I have now reliably been informed by the moderator that, since I canā€™t get access to my old e-mail account, I wiill NOT be able to resume my old Fokusnik account, which will be anonymized.
No big deal, Iā€™m perfectly happy using this account.

8 Likes

Checking in at day 267.
Just like yesterday it will be a quiet day as I have to rest. Iā€™m really starting to think it should have been the way it is now. Now that I have stopped running I have started thinking/gaining insights. I so passed myself! The way of life that I did was also addictive behavior and I can now live according to the recovery principles. Another insight I have gained is that recovery is based on balance in your life. Balance in everything. Even the things I like I have to find a balance in because I can go too far in that. So a balance in fun and less fun things such as things that have to be done, building relaxation and tension (physical movement and rest, mental rest and effort). But I think the basic things are openness and honesty to yourself and others, tranquility and purity.
Have a nice and sober day everyone :pray:

22 Likes

Thatā€™s great Dana! Iā€™m reading this and realize youā€™re probably at 100 days now yay :partying_face:
But I think itā€™s still nighttime where you live so Iā€™ll be keeping a close eye on the forum today so I can congratulate you :heart_eyes:

Ohhh wow what a beautiful church. Do you come there more often?

3 Likes

Day 2. Longing for a time alone in a place without internet and praying

12 Likes

@emi 70 days is great! You can be proud. Huge congrats :partying_face:

3 Likes

1 year since I last used crystal meth, boooom!

Wishing you all a wonderful day x

27 Likes

Day 6 done , go8ng for that one week 7 days !

13 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 710. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

Checking in one week!

Feeling great, loving this new lifestyle. Been healing the negativity and judgements Iā€™ve kept on myself for years. All good vibes and acceptance. Itā€™s been enlightening this go around.

16 Likes

Good morning everyone! One day and 16 hours sober this morning. Yesterday was a pretty good day; stayed busy at work, went home, made dinner, then to bed early.
So, this is normal. The ā€˜day one happy-all is goodā€™ feeling. Today work will be busy. The afternoon will be sunny. The weekend is coming and itā€™s a long, holiday weekend.

Back storyā€¦ been drinking/binge drinking since my early 20ā€™s. I was a bartender for a number of years. Iā€™ve been divorced twice- both marriages from one or both of us being heavy drinkers. Iā€™ve been in an okay relationship for 6 years now and donā€™t want to lose it. He weed vapors and drinks daily.

Based on my drinking patterns, I know this evening will be hard, Thursday even harder, and a three day weekend will kick my a$$. Thanks for being here everyone. Have the best day possible :heartbeat:

15 Likes

tenor-4 Congrats on1 year!!!

2 Likes

Day 1091 alcohol free

Still learning not to take other peopleā€™s actions towards me personallyā€¦ I have a close friend who overstepped boundaries earlier tonight and Iā€™m struggling with the emotions Iā€™m feelingā€¦ I keep reminding myself it is not about me but what they have going onā€¦

This is not something I would be doing if I was still drinking. I would have immediately and indignantly retaliated, determined to hurt them backā€¦

But instead, I am so grateful for my sobriety, that it gives me a clear head to process my thoughts and feelings and make me realise that the world doesnā€™t revolve around me and not everything is about me. They only hurt me because they are hurting, not due to anything actually involving meā€¦

Sobriety has also given me boundaries. Because with sobriety also comes self worth, self respect, self dignity. Hence why Iā€™ve decided to break out of the cycle of this other persons (escalating) behaviour towards me. Iā€™m letting this person go. And itā€™s shit. Itā€™s not easy. It still hurts. Itā€™s sad. Iā€™m sad. But. I. Just. Canā€™t. Keep. Doing. It. Anymore.
I just donā€™t deserve it you know, and canā€™t keep doing itā€¦

Sorry for the ramble, guess Iā€™m just clearing my head before bed
** note to self - I need to invest in a new journal

20 Likes