Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Thank you everyone for cheering me up today, it means so much. I am feeling more balanced now.

However i have been here all day and used all my likes so just want you to know i am reading and taking note of you all, and reading your posts.

Have a lovely rest of the day :+1:

12 Likes

I love ur action plan! I often am a perfectionist and am very all or nothing. I might use ur strategy of ur to do list Aldo if u donā€™t mind. It might help me to be able to prioritize what is most important and do those and leave the rest for another day. Thanks Matt! I love ur posts. I donā€™t always respond to them (or to others posts for that matterā€¦ not out bcuz I donā€™t want to, but sometimes I just struggle eoth finding energy to type. Sounds silly but recovery takes alot out of me some days), but I love what u say and I love ur insight and self awareness. Itā€™s very inspiring and motivating for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a picture from a diary i use, this really helps me to stay on track and prioritise. :slightly_smiling_face:
Tried taking a clear pic incase you want to print it off.

13 Likes

Have good time with lots of new good experiences!

Thatā€™s awesome! I like how clear it is :innocent:

1 Like

It definitely helps me when important stuff needs doing that i keep putting off. Its good to be able to see in front of you what has to be done. Your plan sounds good. Its also good for our goals we set ourselves, that feeling of self achievement is a good feeling.

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I love this! Thank u for sharing :heartbeat: glad to hear ur feeling abit better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 93

There is a case of alcoholic lemonade in the next room where i am staying that i touched and thought better of. I keep thinking it would great to try one. Ugh.

Dead sober and still dont feel real or have energy. Why stay sober if im still just terrible at life! Just been eating and ignoring responsibility. Hate injury, social media addiction, all of my toxic habits. This coffee is terrible and tastes like water.

Made better coffee. My body is in pain.

Just a check in/vent so at least i dont do something Really stupid. Its easier to wish i was drunk than regret breaking sobriety. I can only decide todays choices. Thanks for listening.

19 Likes

Hey thereā€¦sorry to hear that youā€™re having a rough day. Definitely better to check in on here than make a regrettable choice. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it? Go for a walk? Long bubble bath perhaps?

For meā€¦I realized that having a shitty day SOBER was still better than any drunk dayā€¦because I was actually handling life as it is and not trying to escape it. For me there was dignity in that. Just being sober was all I needed to do to be proud. So I just kept DOING that. And telling myself with silent mantras (or sometimes out loud to a mirror) how proud I was of myself, how I was making good choices, how I was loving myself for the first time ever. And slowly but surely, life began to shift. Lots of days are still less than ideal, but almost five years in, Iā€™m STILL proud of myself for every day that I am sober :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m just about order some food then meditation to help me sleep. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, I hadnā€™t had the greatest day today, so my plan was to stay on here all day and do nothing except do everything to stay out of my thoughts.
When I feel bad cravings I Jump onto online meetings they really do help for that moment.
I hope you start to feel better.

4 Likes

Day 17 - Hi everybody, I made it through another day. Its been another tough one in a series of tough days but a few good things have happened today so I am going to try and focus on those.

I saw my kids today for the first time in nearly a week. They didnā€™t want to let me go and I didnā€™t want to let them go either. I felt complete again, which as I write this makes me feel really selfish for expecting them to help me feel whole, but at the same time their company helps me to keep going.

I had a good chat with my flat mate about how I am struggling to adjust to being alone (as opposed to being in a couple) and my anxiety. He listened with patience and kindness and honestly it was great to open up.

My other flat mate brough home a vegan doughnut from work and it was amazing. I am anaphylactic to milk so that simple act of kindness (and the ocean of sugar it contains!) made me feel better.

I think in terms of my recovery I need to understand why I am feeling this empty loneliness even when I am around people. Is it that I do not love myself which is causing this? Is it the loss of connection that I have through my seperation? The loss of security and the feeling of acceptance that I had before? Or do I just miss the company of someone who wants to spend time with just me?

Lots to think about but I will try and focus on the positives and be grateful to make it through another day.

18 Likes

@Twizzlers Your positivity and support to people on here is amazing and I hope I can send all the positivity and warmth your way.

You come across as a very kind, caring and considerate person and you offer your help and words of encouragement to people when they are feeling down. Itā€™s a wonderful gift to give people and I hope that we can return the favour.

2 Likes

Checking in on day 360. Kind of a roller coaster day. Some good things, some bad things. Trying not to let the bad drag me down, you know?

18 Likes

Hi friends. Day 569. Got busy and just forgot to check in. Work was busy but went quickly. I have to work the later shift the rest of the week so weā€™ll try to get breakfast a couple of the days this week.

Have an awesome evening!

19 Likes

Havenā€™t posted in a bit. Been really busy with the kids between jujitsu, gymnastics, swimming, and teaching them how to ride better. I just passed 90 days a few days ago. Most of the garden survived our late spring snow and have my first chile peppers coming in (rellenos here we come).

13 Likes

I like your space for a goal and then a bunch of spaces for things to do. I used to put a bunch of goals and no matter how many I achieved, if I didnā€™t get them all done I felt like the day was a failure. Lately Iā€™ve been listing all of my things to do and circling one as my main goal for the day. As long as that gets done, everything is A-OK!

4 Likes

Hey guys- checking in on day 69 :grin:
I feel trash, but Iā€™m sober and thatā€™s one great thing about the day.
Iā€™ve been thinking about alcohol this weekend, still mourning it. I made a lot of crap food choices, but Iā€™ve got a lot going on. And I didnā€™t drink. So they are the positives. Iā€™ve gotta stop beating myself up so much.
Anyway, off to work. Have a great day everyone. So proud of everyone choosing themselves and showing up sober today.

16 Likes

Hard freaking day. Day 21. Lost my shit and just sobbed my eyes out this evening, but didnā€™t drink. So much stress is happening right now with work, health and personal issues, that Iā€™m definitely on shaky ground. Nor drinking today. Just need a break from adulthood.

18 Likes