Checking in daily to maintain focus #44

Sorry for your shitty day Flo. Very happy you didn’t give in to addiction’s lying voice. Good times and bad ones, drinking is never a good idea. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Hugs.

9 Likes

Fantastic, I think a wedding can be a huge test and cause of anxiety. Well done for getting through it successfully. I’ve got a wedding in a while too, which will be my first not drinking and I’ve decided to drive so there is absolutely no way I would have a drink.
I’m sure you’re feeling good now it’s all over and you did it :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Sending hugs xx hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you, “someone/thing” is watching over and maybe helped carry you today, glad to see 678 :heartpulse:

6 Likes

80 days alcohol free…have had a few smokes but focusing on no alcohol is my main goal atm. Reflecting on the smoking is happening gently. So proud of myself :blush:

23 Likes

Day 16 AF
I know I’ve said it recently but I really am so glad that I have returned to my old workplace. Mentally stimulating and I’m loving the challenges.
Have a great day folks, goodnight from me.

17 Likes

So glad and proud of you that you didn’t give in, it wouldn’t change a thing about your current struggles. It would only add shame and feelings of guilt to the situation.

6 Likes

I don’t know. Napping all day with a loved one, a good dinner and another 24 hours clean and sober sounds like a great day to me :heart:

5 Likes

That’s a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it. It’s so awesome to see pictures of the past that include family members.

4 Likes

Uf! I wish I could give you a big awkward hug in front of your husband and say, “Is that so hard to do for your wife when she’s had a bad day?!” You did brilliantly getting through that without succumbing to an urge to numb it away. :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Oh sweetie, sorry about your day. Those damn pesky emotions can really get in the way sometimes especially when your day is too busy to take time to analyze why it’s happening. You stayed sober through it though and that is an absolute win. I hope your today is much better :heart:

4 Likes

Day 7. Gratitude and working the recovery path

12 Likes

@Seb good work on your 16 days!!! :pray:t4::grinning::tada:

3 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 736. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

Sorry to hear about your shitty day Fleur. Those days suck, when it feels like you’re oil in water and nothing’s staying coherent or connected or constructive.

Take care and get some time in for your self reflection. My experience with those days is they signal there’s a missing piece. I had a day like that yesterday. I reflected and realized I need to dig into some of my personal hang-ups, some addiction related and some not. I have scheduled an appointment and will do that.

The body keeps the score (the feelings do too) :innocent:

4 Likes

Good morning friends, day 583! I ended up my day yesterday chairing my meeting. A friend texted me to ask if I’d fill in for him. It was a good meeting and I was happy to serve my group.
Today is a holiday in the US and a day off. I was so busy on my bathroom project this weekend that today will be relaxing for me. The kids and their families are coming today for a belated Father’s day cookout. Should be fun.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

20 Likes

That sounds awful. I’m proud of you for not giving up, Fleur. I sincerely hope that tomorrow is a better day.

4 Likes

@Mno @Becsta @Jesile @RosaCanDo @SassyBoomer @Matt @icebear

Thanks so much for your kind words. Feeling really grateful to still be sober. Just goes to show you can always have bad days and cravings and forks in the road. Not sure what saved me today, just that not drinking is a habit, maybe, I don’t get undressed in public, I don’t scream random swearwords for no reason, and I don’t drink. I definitely did a detailed 10th step email today, and I am not unaware that this day comes on the tail of my triggering Friday nights. Some fine-tuning definitely needed in my life.

12 Likes

Look at that present, happy, sober Grandpa! This picture made me smile.

5 Likes

I’m on day 472! Whaaaaat? I’m hoping the 500 club will have me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Woohoo! That’s awesome!

:partying_face: :raised_hands:

2 Likes