Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Woot woot congrats on 90 days. 3 months is a lot of work!

3 Likes

Alisa thank you :blush: I really needed to hear this tonight. Ur words really touched me and it reminded me to lean on God when Iā€™m drained and sad. Thank you so much for ur words :heartpulse:

3 Likes

A quick check in as I get ready for work. And for another sober and clean day. Thereā€™s no other way for me and all of us. Clean and sober or nothing would come of my life. Recovery is work but itā€™s a work of love and Iā€™m doing it one day at a time. Have a good one all, or at least as good as you can. Love from my little square.

19 Likes

200w
Congratulations with the 2 years! :tada::tada:
And I like that key tag with your sober date on it!!

5 Likes

Thank you, I thought that might be the case. A friend of mine who has been on the same path recently gave in due to that constant voice telling him heā€™s missing out. Itā€™s hard to ignore at times and it makes me upset but your right, itā€™s not worth it :+1:

3 Likes

#Day 1410 :seedling:
Have a good day at work @Mno , Iā€™m heading on for work too within 1 houre.
It was a short night. Went to my band rehersal and there where drinks afterwards. Because I ride with someone else I have to wait untill she decides to go home.
Because of my bad hearing these days itā€™s difficult to be in a noisy group of people. Itā€™s like being with my head in a box trying to hear what others are saying :hugs:
The surgeon appointment went well, I do not have to come back. Bye hospital! :raising_hand_woman:

Picture of the tower of our church. My yesterday walk was no nature, just concrete.
Have a nice saturday people!

14 Likes

Glad I spotted your :nine::zero: days before I go to work Chris! :no_mouth:
Congratulations! :facepunch:
WFP-20140305

4 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed VR helps a bit but I havenā€™t been able to use it very much lately

1 Like

Day 150 of no self harm.

So I wasnā€™t able to log into my computer for work today. And I contacted my manager and he never got back to me. He asked for my logins and they never responded. I understand that he has a lot to deal with, he has two people including himself, managing over a hundred new hires. Itā€™s just extremely frustrating and this company is awful. Iā€™m in a new training class but because he wonā€™t respond to me, I missed the first day of training, half of the second day, and now I have missed the entire third day. I canā€™t be missing more training it was already so difficult to be put in a new class. Iā€™m just so stressed and I hate this job and I hate this company but I canā€™t stand the idea of quitting because that means Iā€™m farther from moving out.

I actually have a few positive things this time.

1. I got my TV today, so Iā€™m now able to play my Xbox in my room and it is amazing.

2. I ate two meals which has not happened in a long time. I also had a bagel. Iā€™m not very happy about it but I know that itā€™s a good thing

3. When I was setting up my tv, I had to clean this pile of junk I had in the corner of my room. I found some of my old hiding spots for razors from when I used to self harm regularly. I actually found upwards of 40, but I immediately threw them away without a second thought and Iā€™m very proud of myself. I donā€™t remember hiding away that many ever, but I think that showed me how sick I really was then and how much Iā€™ve grown since. Normally I would sit and think about using it and I would have panicked, but it was instinctually just throwing it away and I didnā€™t even have a second thought I just immediately threw it away

15 Likes

Glad you are feeling a bit better! I have never tried VR, have to borough one from my youngest to try.
Iā€™m not a gamer, never was.

1 Like

:cherry_blossom::white_flower::hibiscus: DAY 8 :hibiscus::white_flower::cherry_blossom:
Proud to survive yesterdayā€™s evening cravings again! Washed my car, had a short swim and ate 3 healthy nice meals. Sent out a few apprenticeships, too. And donā€™t forgetā€¦ Doing nothing, chilling, meditating, dreaming.
Today i will clean up a bit, reorganise and arrange some parts in my apartment, do some workout or bike ride and relaaaax.
And nowā€¦ Coffee :coffee::pray:
Thankful to be alive!
Enjoy your day today!
Julia :revolving_hearts::hibiscus:

15 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is Daniel, Iā€™m 23. I got on this app to try to stop self-harming, an addiction that took hold of me for a long time and was how I dealt with any negative emotions I was feeling. Itā€™s still very hard, I still think about it any time Iā€™m feeling upset, hurt, angry, etc. I still see the spots on my body where I did it and itā€™s like a constant reminder.

I struggle a lot with depression, anxiety and trauma. Itā€™s hard to find other outlets for these feelings and I donā€™t have a strong support system in real life.

Today was a pretty bad day for me. I was the closest to relapsing Iā€™ve been in a long time and itā€™s scared me. Iā€™m feeling discouraged, depressed and afraid today.

13 Likes

Good evening all! Checking in on day 343. Today was my first day back to work since Covid. I am still testing positive but have zero symptoms so they okayed me to go back to work with a N95. Afternoon started okay but after an hour I was physically drained and it was from doing next to nothing. By 8 pm I was spent physically and mentally which is not good when dealing with dementia patients specifically. Kept it together but it was a trying night. There were quite a few moments where reverting back to my alcoholic tendencies seemed so much easier, just say fuck it and go home and be a shell of a nothing. But then I think back at the person I was to who I am now. Ten years ago I was drunk handling and detonating explosives almost daily. A little over a year ago I was vomiting up my first three drinks because my body was rejecting anything I put in it, it was shutting down and now I am back to being an EMT, working with dementia patients and almost done with my 12 year degree so I can help others like us, so there is no doubt which path Iā€™m going to choose. No matter how hard things get or seem it will never be as hard as it was living the way I was. Sorry for the rant but felt like talking tonight and itā€™s 230 am here and everyone I know is asleep! Hope everyone had a great day or night and stays safe.

13 Likes

Here is the link to the article I was talking about. This is my first time to post a link and I hope it works. Using weights for mental health and PTSD. With the hopes that would help with the binge eating and your wanting to escape to risky sex.

2 Likes

Welcome Daniel! Very good place to be and you Will be very welcomed and supported!!

3 Likes

I really appreciate the welcome and Iā€™m thankful for everyone here

4 Likes

Good morning Mindy. You crack me up. I could listen you you all day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. After awhile I started learning about all the different wonderful threads on here. I started of just doing gratitude for the longest time before I branched out. But I do like to see foodie stuff from around the world as I consider myself an ex restaurant pro. We just had our last night.
https://talkingsober.com/t/foodies-unite-5-trigger-warning-food-take-another-little-pizza-my-heart/143307/1162
Have a wonderful sober day.
:pray::fr::heart:

3 Likes

Day 5.
Feeling good again today. Will be busy until late afternoon which was my top up start time every day. Today though I have gardening to do and also have a look at the gardening thread on here. Loving life at the minute. Hope you all have a good day or if not good a better one than yesterday. :carrot::roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

13 Likes

Congrats on your 10 days. That sounds like like nothing to normal people. But for people like us who struggle every day, sometimes every hour to control an addiction, itā€™s a huge accomplishment. Keep piling them days together. :v:

5 Likes