Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #44 - #2526 by Powerfulmikelamica.

Previous discussions:

6 Likes

Glad you were first lol I was in the middle of typing when the last one was closed and decided it was a sign to journal instead :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

2d4181a2-298f-4a8a-9b66-9db61da8c278_393294072977780

8 Likes

Day 757 clean and sober today. Still learning that I have a long way to go when it comes to emotional sobriety for sure. Need to learn how to throttle back intense emotions and keep them to myself. I hope everyone has an amazing day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

33 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 755. I hope everybody has a good one!

26 Likes

Day 15.

Weird to me how this number keeps growing.

It feels like the need I had for alcohol as a crutch mentally has lifted. Going to my sister’s house today will be a test of the more social aspects, but I’m actually not too worried about it. In the past when I’ve tried to “cut back” or dry out she’s kind of followed suit. Up until we’d decide the wine looked lonely at least. I think it looks better lonely now.

Still feeling pretty low, but not wanting to drink. Walked up the road to snag a coffee and wasn’t charged for the extra shot which is tight. The town is still asleep so the walk was almost uncomfortably quiet.

This week feels like it’s gonna take 10 years.

33 Likes

Happy Saturday folks. I went to a music festival last night and drank water because although they had dozens of beer brands and ciders, the only NA options were water or a couple of sodas. I wish someone would figure out there’s a market for mocktails, herbal teas and juices at outdoor events.

But, I had a fun evening and LOVED waking up without a hangover!

28 Likes

Never gets old!!!

Glad you had fun!!!

11 Likes

…1569…working today. It sucks, it’s just a big shitburger kinda day. However, its temporary…and will end.

That is what sobriety has brought me…clarity on the poopfestivle type days…I dont have to like today, but I dont have to let it ruin my day, night, or my tomorrow.

Stay sober my friends.

40 Likes

1y 10m 21d sober. It has been a ride but so worth it.

30 Likes

Day 3 of checking in. 128 days clean
Its a good day so far. Starting the day off with grits :yum:

22 Likes

8 months and 8 days without drugs or alcohol
250 days

Yard work today and staying busy. I told myself I was going to have a lazy day but nothing good ever comes of that… some other minor chores then possibly bike to the beach when it cools down … grateful for my recovery and I’m grateful to be seeing results. I feel like I’m learning how to live for the first time and no person , place , or thing can take away from that. Gonna stay in today and stay on the path . Hope everyone has a good day or night depending where your at !!

29 Likes

Hi Cassi, congratulations on 15 days! That is a milestone (at least in my world). I hope you have a good day with your sister and hope you can team up and do this together.

We all have good, bad and blah days, but the best day is waking up in the morning without a hangover! :hugs: Enjoy your sober free day!!

13 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been quietly celebrating each hour gained, every additional day feels like someone randomly handing me 10 bucks lol

I think getting out of the house will help with the emotional side of things. Being a homebody makes it really easy to slip into recluse mode and that’s hard to get out of :sweat_smile:

Here’s to a sunny sober Saturday for us all! Unless it’s raining where you’re at lol but that sounds even better

9 Likes

Day 38 for me, first full week being back home in Northern Ireland :shamrock: it’s been great to be home with my family and friends. Have a happy weekend everyone :pray:

21 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 145
Last night I experienced something in my recovery that was pretty profound for me. I’m not even sure what prompted it. I was laying in bed and I was trying to do a lying down meditation (body scan and focus breathing). I had this urge to put my hand over my heart and feel it beating. And then out of nowhere I said “I’m sorry, I forgive you” to myself. I don’t recall ever saying this to myself. I have apologized to others and have forgiven others but NEVER myself. Theres a certain situation in my life, that I still struggle abit with self forgiveness. But the love I feel for myself has changed I feel more compassion for myself today, I feel like I’m being gentler to myself. I haven’t experienced this before. I am at work now feeling pretty good!
Hope everyone has an addiction free day :slight_smile:

48 Likes

This is really profound for me! I’m glad u shared this! Thank u!

11 Likes

Hello everyone, I hoppe that you are all well.
Over here, the first part of the “double move” has begun, I haave brought a couple of carloads of stuff over to the new place, and hope to bring at least one more tomorrow, and then the actual moving day will be on Wednesday. I’m looking forward to it. That will be my last “Italian” step before moving back to Switzerland, and that’s what I’m really looking anticipating.
Other than that, things are going alright… Gettting closer to the 30-day mark, so I’m pleased about that.
I hope that you are all having a nice weekend.

17 Likes

Good morning! First time back on my spin bike in almost a month. I just did 20 minutes. Feels amazing!!
I’m so glad I have this community because I was feeling so lost and being back here sharing and reading others posts has helped me find my strength again. I feel like I’m back on track again and if I start to slip I know I’ll check in here first!
Thanks everyone
Thinking of you all❤️

18 Likes

Congratulations on your 250 Days Trevor.

I love the way you do sobriety.
:pray:t2::evergreen_tree::blue_heart:

7 Likes