Checking in daily to maintain focus #47

Congratulations on 4 months! Inspiring to see your growth!

2 Likes

Day 585. Really working on finding a new love for myself and who I am. I am struggling with it a bit, bit I am sober and happy to be so.

11 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 months sober CJ.
Enjoy that camping trip sober.
You rock!!
:pray:t2::heart::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Check in- it will be two weeks sober tomorrow. Last night I had my first drinking dream. Iā€™ve often heard of this experience during AA meetings. I really didnā€™t understand them or understand how the person felt who is having the drinking dream. Now I understand. I woke up feeling like I drank and I felt so guilty. Gross! The dream was not fun at all and I am so grateful that I am still sober and it was nothing but a dream.

13 Likes

Hey thanks for the congrats yaā€™ll!! This has been my favorite milestone yet. I didnt get that wierd icky i wanna use/ wtf am i doing feeling. Im finding a new peace

@Dazercat @michaeljlogan74 @Butterflymoonwoman @Its_me_Stella

7 Likes

Yay! Four months! :partying_face: I love the color of that chip! Have fun camping!

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Melissa and Iā€™m new here. Was just recommended this thread by @Dazercat (thank you!).

Iā€™m 4 days sober today. My vice is cannabis. Iā€™ve basically been constantly high since the pandemic started (after a 10 year break but 30 years of usage).

Last night was rough, which is why I downloaded this app. Wicked bad insomnia. Today was better than yesterday, although I broke down crying a couple times and was very tempted to numb the pain. Decided to open the app today to seek solace.

A friend suggested I drink some wine but I worry Iā€™d just be replacing one unhealthy addiction for another.

Anyway, just checking in. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can get some sleep tonight. Weed withdrawal is no joke!

Thank you for reading. :pray:

21 Likes

Welcome to the daily check in thread Melissa! Iā€™ve checked in every day here since I stopped drinking and I promise it helps. Stick around :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re day has been hard. Thatā€™s a long time for an appointment to be delayed!! I would have been frustrated. I hope you have finally been able to restšŸ’œ

2 Likes

Welcome Melissa,
Glad you are herešŸ’œ

1 Like

Well I donā€™t know about counting my timer right after my last drink because technically Iā€™m not sober right away. Anyway, itā€™s not that important I guess. It has been over 24 hours since my last sip, but I probably havenā€™t been sober for a full 24 hours. Pretty close though. So Iā€™ll say midnight tonight is day one (or one full day sober) .
It really does suck having to keep starting again.
But at least Iā€™m working hard at it.
ODAAT. Soon they will add up to more.

1 Like

Day 6 for me.
Yesterday was a bit of a struggle as a family member died. I went to see my dad who was sat in the sun having a few cold beers. He dosnt know Iā€™ve stopped drinking. We talked about old times while I sipped my fresh orange and lemonade with loads of ice. I enjoyed it.
That urge to have just one was tapping me on the shoulder but I flicked it off.
That was my hardest moment this week.
Onwards and upwards then .
Hoping you all enjoy or battle through today.
:raising_hand_man::slightly_smiling_face::muscle:

15 Likes

Coffee. I need to write a biography of myself as part of the intake into the new group therapy dealing with abuse as a child. Have to do it today. Now. Iā€™ve been postponing it quite a bit. Letā€™s do this! Have as good a day as you all can friends. One day at a time. Sober and clean. Love from Luna and me.

@Leveller Sorry for your loss Col. Congrats on not giving in to addiction.

22 Likes

Hey Scott, youā€™ve been at this a lot longer than I, but I have found a rekindled love for soccer. That was something I was good at and passionate about before I started really hitting the bottle at around age 13. 32 years old now. Anyways, it has helped me kind of adapt to my new sober identity. Started coaching and what not again as well. Iā€™m just kinda spitballing but maybe just doing something that you love to do and making it a larger part of your life could help. Have a good day bro!

2 Likes

@Mno good luck with the biography Menno get stuck into it and get it done out of the way. :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your loss. Good for you for holding strong. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Made 5 months :sweat_smile: and bought some baby ducklings, theyā€™re so cute but poop a lot

21 Likes

Thank you @Miranda @KellyKelly 5 months thatā€™s great and makes me smile whenever I see a big shiney badge. Well done. :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Welcome!
Had the same issues, just so you know if you canā€™t remember from your last time quitting, sleep does improve. It took me about 2 months and it felt forever at the time but worth the wait. Good luck with it :green_heart:

4 Likes