Checking in daily to maintain focus #47

Day two. I’m tired and grumpy. Not because I didn’t drink but because I REALLY tied one on two days ago. Going to try to rally though and just keep my body moving today. Today is a new day.

16 Likes

Day 8. Not struggling with drinking. Struggling deeply with depression and severe anxiety. I really need to take some major steps in my life in regards to a separation and divorce. Feeling empty from other life circumstances. Shitty day.

18 Likes

Love the GIF :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::heart:. Please do check in later, I’ll be thinking of you!

2 Likes

You are a such an active caring part of this community. I’m so glad you are here. I’m sorry you are having a tough moment, but I really love your though about having a quick rest to renew your day. Each moment is a chance to start again. I believe your day will be brighter when you wake up. Sending positive thoughts your way🌞
How are you doing now?

7 Likes

Hi! I hope you’re feeling better, sending hugs! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

:100: I couldn’t agree more!!

1 Like

@Twizzlers Hope the nap helped. We all love you and grateful to have you as part of our recovery! :sparkling_heart: :hugs:

@SoberWalker I’m sorry to see your vacation coming to an end… we’re gonna miss the photos! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
@Piglet86 Love the GIF! They look so romantic, floating down the stream together!

Day 17½
I think I’m taking the day off of electronics. I’m gonna post now, and maybe later on tonight. But otherwise I’m going to start reading all these books I should’ve returned to the library by now. May play some music but nothing otherwise. Not even The Outdoor Gear Review. :frowning:
Everybody have a great sober Friday! :v:

12 Likes

Thank you @SassyBoomer it is lovely to know the impact it can have. I always check out your posts to see how your doing! Your doing well with the non smoking. Have you in my prayers :pray::two_hearts:

@Rockstar24777 Thank you, your always so caring Its so lovely.
21 years wow, I guess today is a day of memories and sadness of your loss? I hope your okay :hugs: it doesn’t matter how long it’s been it always feels like it was yesterday for me.

@Miranda Thank you, I definitely do feel better, the sleep trick does help, luckily its friday and I’m in the uk so afternoon nap was good and have dinner cooking now.

@Piglet86 you and kev make me smile everytime.

@maxwell Hi, in feeling back to my self now, how are you doing ? :grin: :hugs:
I just know when I reach out and say it how I’m feeling here it somehow makes the load I’m carrying lot lighter.

I had a nap for 2 hours and I woke up feeling better just got on with cooking, almost finished cooking, Im cooking Sheppard pie I havent had it for soooooo long and it’s just a nice comfort food I can heat up when hungry watching my favourite tv shows :slightly_smiling_face: the little things that make me happy I love it!
Thank you everyone just knowing we have this place to share and support eachother I cant put into words how good it feels.
Thank you so much :heartpulse:
Your all so kind and thoughtfull it means alot to me.

15 Likes

Thank you @Twizzlers you’re always so nice too! Yeah physically I feel like I got hit by a truck but it always happens around this time. Thank you for your kind words :blush::sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

Day 77 :heart: 11 weeks

In dangerous territory. Feeling like getting pissed would be just great. Out and about having a laugh, seeing where the night takes me…
I keep playing it forward. I’m not going to do it but the craving is there. I’m romanticising it lol
I’ve come too far to throw it all away now.
Keep on keeping on x

21 Likes

Did you paint this?

3 Likes

Glad you like them! :sunglasses: 2 days to go before traveling. Today we watched the sun go down in the sea.

25 Likes

Day 4.
Happy to live life PMO free.
I’ve been working all day long since 3A.M now I’m at another job night shift.
I want to keep myself busy for a while and when I am not at work, I wanna fill my time with good habits.

17 Likes

It’s really lovely, you’re very talented, it reminds me of Beatrix Potter’s illustrations :rabbit:

5 Likes

I am learning to get through those days most of the time now, it does get easier but it does still have bad tough times.
How we imagine our ‘first drink’ or ‘night out’ it will be the total opposite. Your doing amazing !!
I find drawing, reading or doing something for you that you enjoy and your mind doesnt have time to think helps alot.
I want to do some drawing this evening but instead I’m going for a nice big dinner in front if the tv, I still may draw il see.
I hope you manage to find something to occupy yourself and the thoughts stop.
Congratulations on your 11 weeks :slightly_smiling_face:

@Claire_Quit wow your art work is lovely, if just started to getting into drawing with pencils trying to get the real life look. You should pop over to the “show the artist within you thread” :grin: your style is unique and beautifull.

@SoberWalker the pics are so lovely, what a lovely place to be. My cousin came back from Turkey yesterday. I liked seeing the pics of ll the different foods and markets.

@Petri congratulations on your 4 days.

@DryIn785 17 and 1/2 days is brilliant.
I love listening to calm classical music for pets when I’m reading it really sets the mood for me and the pets.

@HeyImKris Depression and anxiety totally suck when they hit us bad. I hope you start to feel better and sorry to hear things are difficult at th moment. I think talking about it and reaching out for me helps I hope it does for you too.

Going to eat and check in later thank you everyone for today, going to put the good dr on to watch and eat a really big slice of shepherd’s pie :grin::dizzy:

12 Likes

I loved reading your post! So much has changed for you. I feel like ur outlook on life has changed so much! Really proud of you :slight_smile: uv been putting in the hard work! I can tell

8 Likes

Aw, thank you so much :blush:
I put on the old Norah Jones cd and had a sing a long. Not listened to it in years. Still a classic
Thanks for all your tips, I’m gonna have a super creative weekend :art:
Enjoy your dinner x

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 193
Was quite busy today. Woke up tired after another using dream. Really struggled with my eating this morning as well. I was irritable due to being sooo tired, plus things weren’t going my way and I honestly didn’t have the energy to do anything. I ended up eating a piece of cake for breakfast :unamused: Definitely was aware of my emotional eating but in that moment I guess I was too tired to challenge that thinking. Anyway, I did eat the cake but I stopped there. I would’ve normally binged on crappy food ALL day bcuz that is all I wanted to do. I grabbed my coffee and got my boy on the bus to school. Then I went on my work related zoom mtg for 3 hours (which I didnt want to do but did bcuz it was a paid mtg). Then left to grab eel food and then lunch. So I got a sandwich at Tim Hortons and only the sandwich bcuz I didn’t want to eat the meal (donut or potato wedges). I walked everywhere I had to go to get my exercise in bcuz I was too tired to physically work out. Our internet technician is stopping by later also to fix our wifi and cable so that’s good! I’m getting better and better at not going to extremes in my thinking and acting. It’s hard effin work. The all or nothing attitude or if 1 thing bad happens during the day, it’s an awful day! Not true. It’s a crappy moment and not a crappy day or a crappy life. I have been working so hard on challenging my behaviors and my thinking. It’s helping alot honestly. And having this “me” time now is allowing me to do that. Grateful for another day clean and sober!

24 Likes

I’m proud of you for not eating bad all day! You stopped yourself which is super important. Baby steps.

5 Likes

This is worded so nice !! Its a great way to look at those crappy moments. Thank you this way of thinking will help me too, iv been working on not carrying the bad feelings around with me for rest of the day. Working out what feelings I dont need to carry around has been helping me and using this way of thinking with that should strengthen the whole method.

You had a very busy today, your doing brilliant in sobriety and all the changes happening in your daily life, give yourself a break :hugs: eating a bit of cake and a sandwhich is okay. You didnt eat a whole cake and lots of sandwhiches, your not bad for enjoying something little.
I get it though especially when I do work outs I kind of dont want to eat, or really watch what I’m eating but today I had a bowl that is the size of a plate full of shepherd’s pie because it made happy. I almost made myself feel bad for eating but then I thought no, my self control is good enough on a daily basis it’s okay to enjoy stuff and not make my self feel horrible and disgusting for it, so dont make you self feel like you did something wrong when you havent.
I can make myself feel bad for the most smallest thing and I’m learning I used to feel bad all the time, it was normal to me and trying to kick that feeling is something I’m working on because it’s okay to feel good about something :hugs: its okay to be able to enjoy stuff or feel happy but it’s okay too.
Your doing brilliant give yourself a break lady xx your amazing and your doing amazing your allowed to feel good and enjoy the small things, you deserve them xxx

7 Likes