Checking in daily to maintain focus #47

Oh I’m sorry you’re feeling sick. Maybe try a meditation for digestion? I’ve tried some and they have really helped. Ill try to find the last one I used and send a link. Not sure if it’s in my history…

5 Likes

Hello. Tonight will be Day 47. I think my record is 88. Where is the money I am suppose to be saving by not drinking lol.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Stay strong Brother…You can make it through the weekend sober. You got this!

3 Likes

Oh thank you! I see it :slight_smile: I feel like I should know better lol but I did challenge my thinking at the beginning of the day. Ultimately tho… im grateful to be having these kinds of problems and not problems from using or drinking. I have to remember what u said :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Today is my day 8 as well. First time in 5 years I have hit a day 8. Trying to stay away from familiar places and activities I normally drank during. I’m worried though, I have a social event Sunday. We’ve got this though!!

7 Likes

@HeyImKris - thinking about you. Tough times. You have this community and we are here to support you.

4 Likes

Whole lotta nothing. Getting snackish since I quit smoking (about 24 hours ago) so I got some grapes and bananas. Wishing I’d gotten ice cream. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: Also kind of irritable for no reason. Still sober though! Binge watching “Wayward Pines”. I know how it ends cuz I’ve read the book, but it’s still pretty good.
And how are you?

7 Likes

Wow… so that was actually really helpful!!! And I must say… I really don’t give my stomach muscles enough credit for all that they do! That was really cool! Especially the whole glowing inner light. My stomach actually feels better!!! Thank u!!! :heart:

4 Likes

Day 174

I am glad I set the timer last night because i wound up cleaning for 20 minutes. I have a comfortable, vacuumed and spot cleaned rug. I ate the leftover pasta. For this weekend, I have more pasta, tofu, desserts, bagels, a summer squash, more cherry tomatoes, and cheddar to do something with. I dont want to buy a lot of food this weekend, i want to eat what i have and grocery shop on Sunday.

I still hate myself and dont know how i became this person. One day at a time I did i guess. Im ruminating. Forgot my pen. Need to write.

Need to stay present.
To anyone struggling with cravings and scrolling tonight, i feel you! Its so hard. But its worth it and youre in the right place. Ride the urge out, urges Always end. :cupid:

8 Likes

Checking in-1 week sober and feeling good.
Still no furniture in my apartment…laying on an air mattress. Was informed today that my furniture will arrive in 10-14 days! Awwww!!!
This move has been challenging to say the least.

Did a FaceTime call with my wife and it didn’t go so good. I need to listen more to her and include her in the decision making process. I don’t have my furniture because I didn’t listen to her. I went the cheap route.

I feel different….I’m on new meds and they are doing the trick. Navigating physician authorizations and pharmacy and doctors office staff is a challenge. Healthcare in this country is so confusing. Im getting to a point where I will need to get off the Benzodiazepines. I’m still reliant on this med for anxiety. I know I need to get off of it soon. I know it is not good for my overall health….sigh.

Going to watch a documentary on cats via Netflix tonight (on my phone). I’m looking forward to it.

@Twizzlers I LOVE Shepards Pie :pie:!

12 Likes

Wow hell yes on quitting smoking! That’s amazing Mark!! I’m putting my boy to bed shortly and then gonna do some self care. I have work this weekend so hoping for good rest :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Checking in on Day 3. I’m feeling exhausted but still another hour of work. I’m glad to feel exhausted as it means I worked hard and tok care of a lot of things today including exercise. My son is sick and I’m worried about him as he has started googling every symptom, etc and worrying himself silly. He had 2 shots yesterday and likely has a slight fever as a result, but I feel for him as he’s had a rough go of it lately. SAT’s tomorrow and a lot on his mind lately. Anyway, I’m glad today was a sober one because my “clear yesterday and full heart” will only help him. Wishing you all a good day/night.

12 Likes

Day 314 AF

What’s up, fam.

Busy day at work. Nothing much going on. Living the sober the life and being a family man.

My wife found a free Alcoholics Anonymous book at the library. Ima check it out later.

Have a great day/night yall!

ODAAT

I will catch up with your posts in a bit.

13 Likes

Day 1758.

Chasing a 3&4 year old around a water park for 8 hours = approximately 8 miles of walking.

Straight up exhausted. Def not drinking today.

25 Likes

That’s why I like just getting the boxed set from the library. The last series I actually watched once a week was season 2 of The Americans. I felt the need to binge something, because I didn’t finish sense8, and Yellowjackets won’t start up again until early 2023! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
BTW, there is a season 2 of Wayward Pines. Can’t wait to see it. They’ve about covered the entire book halfway through the first season.

4 Likes

150 days :tada:
I feel better as time passes. I had enough financial stability to replace my hot water system that died. It feels so good to know that I can deal with what life throws at me, sober, in control of my money and life.
So grateful. Keep on keeping on guys, have a sober day :heart:

13 Likes

Evening of day 441. It was a lovely summer day and I managed to get a half hour on my bicycle. Friday night, early to bed because I am tired and old, but I am looking forward to sober coffee and sunshine tomorrow. Have a peaceful day / night wherever you are.

13 Likes

147 AF.
I think rice paper is overrated…anything wrapped in rice paper tastes worse.
Just saying :green_heart:

13 Likes

@Kat 83 days your doing amazing, you sound so much better in yourself, taking a week off the gym I do that too. It just too uncomfortable for me with all the pains i get alongside it.
Enjoy the time off and maybe do a hobby you enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

@DryIn785 congratulations on your 18 days, where I live neghbours and people keep to themselves most of the time, like pretend they dont see eachother etc :joy:

@SadMemeQueen Work sounds like it’s just right for you, and you seem to be settling in really well this makes me very happy :grin: 178 days your going strong, your back working in so proud to see you achieving so much.

@Butterflymoonwoman oh wow I love eele.!! I used to have a beatifull tank with fish but I have it to my daughters dad years ago as he doesnt like pets :thinking: and my daughter wanted some pets at his house and she had this great idea the her fish could live at daddy’s house and he agreed… she really like that too.
I had to kick the eating in front of the tv, for few months as I really was comforting wating and making lots of snacks to eat in the evening- preparing them so they were all line up. So it was definitely a treat to watch the tv and just be snuggled up, but I think I needed it yesterday as my something to look forward too.
I think its day 194 for you now so congratulations :grin: and that’s alot of sharks you have.

@Miranda I may try this meditation too, never done one for digestion before thank you and hope your doing okay :slightly_smiling_face:

@NashNathan congratulations on your 47 days.
When I stopped drinking there was so much I had to catch up on and stuff i neglected that costed money, things needed sorting back out for me financially and I didnt start to notice for a few months once I was back on schedule then we also have the cost of living crisis atm. Maybe sit down and write where your outgoings are going and keeping receipts for everything if you unsure.

@jessmart congratulations on your 8 days this is great :slightly_smiling_face: I’d your worried about the event maybe think is it for work or is it something you can get out of and out your sobriety in front of it.

@Minatasha 174 days congratulations.
I love bagels with soft cheese and cherry tomatoes yummy!!
The cleaning seems to be really working for you, I think it’s a brilliant idea and you have stuck with it so you must be really seeing the benefits mentally for it too.

@michaeljlogan74 Its great to see you congratulations on your 1 week sober.
Hang in there your furniture will arrive.
Maybe with the benzodiazepines try yourself to cut out a tablet a week so your slowly preparing your body. My dr prescribes me these for my anxiety too I only really take them when I fel I’m in a crisis have to be careful wven though there prescribed I know I could make crisis out of everything. But also you dont want to do anything without speaking with a dr because you dont want anxiety becoming unmanageable. It’s good to hear your other meds are working.

Yes shepherds pie was delicious.
Your feel settled more once your furniture is with you. Slowly it will feel like home. They say moving home is one of the hardest things for a person so be kind to yourself your making big sacrifices for your children’s education.

6 Likes