Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

I last had an alcoholic beverage on Tuesday 23rd August of this year, so today is day #45 of sobriety for me. I’m quite shocked at just how ok I am feeling, and how the cravings haven’t necessarily been too strong at present. However, I’m always attempting to find things in order to keep myself occupied, and to keep the cravings at bay: i.e. work or exercise mostly.

In the last fortnight, I’ve booked two solo holidays for 2023 so far - it gives me something to look forward to & is helping me to strive towards something taking control of my life again after addiction. I’ll be travelling to Turkey for a week in March, and Sweden for 5 days in May. I’m really looking forward to it, and I feel extremely blessed.

15 Likes

Congrats! Keep it going…

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 845. I hope everybody has a good one!

10 Likes

Welcome to the double digits! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Get well soon! Did you try manuka honey?

Congratulations to 20 sober days! :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Checking in. Today is day 10.

11 Likes

Day 847 and sore AF :rofl: going to run some errands this morning and then off to see Slipknot tonight YAY!!! I hope everyone has an amazing day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

16 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,534.

God Bless!

10 Likes

Congratulations to 2 sober weeks! :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations to 21 continues days of soberness! :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

2 Likes

Do you have a discount or subscription for museums? I ask, because you post a lot pictures from museums. I’m always surprised how much money it costs.

It is a really realistic painting by the way.

1 Like

Day 43 AF - yesterday was …. Something. I’m done with challenge mode universe. I need a day to just be smooth and calm. Hopefullly that day will be today.

10 Likes

Welcome back.

3 Likes

Congratulations to the double digits!

Shouldn’t you be sore after the concert? :wink:

1 Like

50 days. Proud of myself.

13 Likes

@Rockstar24777 enjoy your concert! I used to love slipknot. Havent listened to them in many years but i bet the concert is going to be amazing!
@Imcrafty hoping you get some calmness and innet peace today. Whatever happened yesterday spunds extremely stressful
@AEGFletcher wow so much is happening for you in ur sobriety! Congratulations on ur sober days also. Im excited for u for ur holidays
@anon53116147 have an awesome day friend!
@Alycia it does sound like a huge change in many ways. But ur just as deserving and capable and “good enough” for the job as anyone else. And i feel like u might just get it. Itll become 2nd nature for u once that learning curve is over and done with and before u know it, ull be wondering why u were so nervous in the first place :slight_smile: im really excited for u!
@zzz im glad ur back :slight_smile: u deserve a happy, joyous, free life
@happydays huge congratulations on 3 weeks sober!!! Way to go!

11 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 235
I wish this damn cold would go away already lol its been 5 days. My voice is slightly back but very hoarse. Anyway, i do have to do some things today. Gotta take the wagon and my boy with me in a cab to get his cases of formula (last day for pickup). Thats always a good workout lol Then home to tidy up and do some laundry. Not much else going on today.
Hope everyone has an addiction free day!

17 Likes