Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Day 874. Today is my Saturday and unfortunately there’s a storm up in the mountains where I go with gusts up to 55mph so I don’t think it’s safe to go there today. I’ve been having a really hard time lately and am grateful for the friends I’ve made here that I can reach out and talk to. It helps to not feel so alone. I hope everyone has a beautiful day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

20 Likes

Day 10, nothing really to talk about
just been working on myself a lot
coffee is good

18 Likes

Day 6. Still feeling like my skin is crawling and my brain feels fried.

17 Likes

Checking in day 60 (will have two months when my bed hits the pillow sober tonight). This morning I have therapy and then heading to the gym, and then work a 12 hour shift. Should be a pretty packed day, which I’ve come to appreciate for now.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday!

16 Likes

Checking in for day 38.

13 Likes

Day399

Today i feel so bored and just dont know what to do with myself still in bed at 1:30pm
I did get up to feed the pets and i walked out into the garden looked around took a breath of fresh air and walked back in and to bed again.
Im okay, feel okay just completely bored.
Have my beatifull furry companion who follows me and does everything i do so im guessing she is bored too …

I have no plans on moving either not until dinner time and to collect an amazon delivery from the front door :see_no_evil:
Hope everyone is having a good sober day today.

18 Likes

Is this Van Gogh lost ear? :thinking: :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Ree!!! Thank you for such a nice post :slight_smile: i really enjoy reading ur checkins. I read ur most recent one and i am sooo excited for u and how people are noticing a change in ur mood and how u look! Congratulations on ur new senior roll in nursing! My family has had alot of experience with nurses on various units in the childrens hospital as well as at home (u may have read some of this already) but i honestly think that the unit u will be on is very lucky to have u. I can usually get a good vibe from people (even over text) and theres something about ur cheery personality, bedside manner, as well as ur skills that will make u a crucial team player in these patients lives. Honestly, u will be amazing at ur new position!! :sparkles:

6 Likes

In case you may not check in later, congratulations on 2 months!!! Im excited for u :grinning:

3 Likes

What exactly does a pool boey? I know, I’ve seen them before, but couldn’t find out what they are for?

Hey my friend! Hope ur okay :slight_smile: boredom is the worst. Is there anything that needs to get done around ur place? Usually ill start with 1 small task and hope that it gets me motivated to keep going :slight_smile: i LOVE amazin package days! Literally i was borederline obsessed with shopping off amazon. They even sent me an Amazon catalog for christmas and called me a valued customer :unamused: oh my haha

3 Likes

It is a very good think you did and are still doing! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Double digits! :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Welcome @LinM, nice to read you!

Recovery takes time, but the worst part is nearly over. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

@MooseTracks Congratulations on your 60 days :slightly_smiling_face:

@Brl81 38 days is amazing !! Congratulations.

@LinM Welcome to the community and congratulations on your 6 days :slightly_smiling_face:

@Butterflymoonwoman Im doing good thank you how are you?
Yes thats exactly what i have coming stuff toward xmas, my sons bday is 3 days after yours on the 7th of dec and i like to be ready for it all takes the stress away.
To be honest i have everything done at home, where its just me and my son (20yrs) it is pretty easy to keep on top of everything, i often find myself moving things around and dusting stuff that doesnt need it. Im just being extra lazy today. Using my healing tooth as an excuse to just do nothing :see_no_evil:

This past year i have totally been using amazon alot, not sure if it was another addictionnforming or just me getting on top of stuff id neglected.
Iv calmed down a bit now with it but xmas stuff will be coming over the next few weeks and even though i know what is in the packages i still get excited!!
They send you a catalogue iv never had that i hope it had some good discounts for you !!
Thanks for asking how i am, i am actually okay today apart from being lazy :hugs:
Hope your day is going well :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Is this a book below the sheets? So, maybe you are doing something at the moment? :wink:

1 Like

An Amazon catalogue? How many pages does it have? :astonished:

3 Likes

Yes it is a book i fell asleep with it last night, i have been looking at it all morning but not picked it back up i have just been lurking around here allday :joy:

1 Like

It improves the freestyle technique…
I used the one from my training partner including hand paddles and it’s a very cool floating feeling! :sunglasses:

It is usually recommended for better position,
if there are problems with sinking legs (that I don’t have) but especially for isolated arms training.

For me both “toys” are made
for a nice floating :smiley:

5 Likes

I have met people here who have 20 or 30 years of sobriety and also started careers in substance abuse recovery to help others. Very inspriing indeed.

7 Likes