Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

Day 850
My daughters parade was one of the best days of my life! It was cuteness overload! Butttt now I have the flu. :tired_face: Iā€™m pretty sure I caught it there, canā€™t imagine anywhere else since I donā€™t go anywhere. Anyway I went to flying high to feeling very low in a matter of a few days. Hoping to catch myself before I wreck myself! @anon74766472 might have to try jumping up and down and dancing in my room! Let me know how it goes. :kissing_heart:

23 Likes

Iā€™m having trouble getting through the afternoon at work. I feel like crap - headache, depressed, grumpy, anxious - and that bubbles up and overwhelms me. I start hyperventilating and crying. Panic. At least I recognize that a drink would not help any of that. I just have to idea how to get through the rest of the day until I can go to bed. I try to read or watch tv, but give up about 5 minutes in. I canā€™t find enjoyment in anything. I guess I just need to vent.

19 Likes

Went very well. Needed to slow down as I rushed directly in a hypoglycemia :see_no_evil:
But: instead of drowning my poor mood with sad music I opted for the dancing 90s which is sooooo much better :crazy_face:

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl: oh no! Heyyy 90s is a great idea! Music therapy for the win! :revolving_hearts: putting on 90s now!

16 Likes

Hey sober fam!
Iā€™m over 4months sober and grateful for a new week to start. God can be so good and help pick me up when life knocks me down.
-a grateful addict

26 Likes

I arrived at queens we will rock you. Not feeling like sleeping but singing in bed loud :joy:

15 Likes

Morning from Australia :australia:

Checking in on Day 57.

It is a beautiful warm day here with a slight breeze. Sorry to those folks with below zero temps, spring has sprung for us Aussieā€™s. I have a day of rest on today as I start nights tonight. My first in 18 months since my first detox. I am a little worried about how I will get to sleep tomorrow morning because guess what I used to do before going to bed after nightshift? You guessed itā€¦get rip snorting drunk. At least I wont be going back to work hungover and feeling horrible :upside_down_face:

Have a wonderful day my sober friends. Lots of love from me to you.
Ree :heart:

26 Likes

Welcome to our community @My_Saving_Grace and congratulations on 4 amazing months of sobriety! That is a fantastic achievement :heart:

6 Likes

@Clarity please tell me one of you listened to C+C Music Factory :crazy_face: LOL thatā€™s one of my go-to mood enhancing dance bands

10 Likes

80s and 90s are my type of tunes too!!! Nothing picks you up like a good old tune by NSYNC or TLCs Scrubs! Oh the memories :grin:

13 Likes

I am thinking of you Karen :heart: Just take one moment at a time today and remember you are not alone. You are doing this with a whole community behind you! Panadol and lots of fluids will help too. Much love to you :heart:

9 Likes

Everbody Dance Now!!!

9 Likes

Girlsā€¦ You just made me laugh loud! :sweat_smile::sunglasses::black_heart:

Party on :call_me_hand:t2:

@Diamonster
@RosaCanDo
@ReeBee28
@Clarity

13 Likes

Day 0

I lapsed again. Made it to Day 19 which is better than I have been doing. I became overwhelmed by work and an imminent house move. No excuse, just identifying the triggers. Iā€™m not going to beat myself up about it. Itā€™s a really tough time at the moment and I got swallowed up by all the things that could happen rather than focusing on the next step.

Iā€™m going to go away and think about what I do next. As fundamental change is needed.

26 Likes

22 Likes

Day 11 ending and still sick with a persistent flu. Itā€™s ok, I accepted. I am living a good momentum

21 Likes

Day 10. Feeling good :+1:

20 Likes

Congratulations on double digits!! Way to go!!

6 Likes

My addiction almost had me but I won this battle!! Day 12 here I come.

23 Likes

Days
43 no substances
173 no self harm
6 regularish eating

Whew. I left my house 15 hours ago (630am) to go to work. Took a 1.5 hr break to grab kids from school and go to the gym. Then back to work I went. I havenā€™t had time to eat today. I really dont want to reset my timer though so Iā€™ll find something to eat before I shower and sleep before I get up at 4 to go to workā€¦ Iā€™m so tired. But i am not overly stressed (even though I am concerned about bills like always :sweat_smile:)

23 Likes