Checking in daily to maintain focus #51

Im sorry abour ur slip :frowning: but it sounds like uv learned a few things that can be helpful for the future. Hoping for some peace and calmness in ur day today

5 Likes

Thank you Dana!
I noticed that I didnā€™t have coping skills for this situationā€¦
A relaxed layd back situation or these special days of the year.

I had a lot to overwhelming feelings, stress
ā€¦ But not for that!

Second relaps in a week after nearly 5 months.
Definitely need to stop before i get deeper in that circle.

10 Likes

Alcoholism/addiction is cunning, baffling, and powerful for sure! We can never really let our guard down. But it does sound like u realized a few things for future events. Try not to beat urself up too much tho bcuz that doesnt help in moving forward. Make ur recovery plans for holidays and im sure it will be much diff next holiday season. Do u have a plan for New Years? Idk if that day is a trigger for u but if u think it would be a good idea to male a plan for that, then id go for it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Checking in
Day 319
So yesterday we were discharged from the hospital. I didnt check in bcuz we were opening christmas presents in the evening
It was such a busy night lol He did incredibly well getting back to normal health. Im so proud of him and everything he went thru all those days in hospital. I was able to do some self care last night. Felt so nice to have a hot shower and do my skin care routine. I still feel sick tho (head congestion) so my sleep sucked. But ill take that over being in the hospital. Thankfully my son recovered well.
I started back on my normal eating routine today too. No exercise just yet tho bcuz im not 100% well. Will probably start that on Monday.
Basically today consisted of taking down the christmas tree and cleaning everything up. I got some nice gifts that im excited to try. One of them is a luxe fitbit. Im very late to the game with the fitbit but ive always wanted one! So im excited. Will probably play around with that today :slight_smile:
Hope everyone is having an addiction free day
:butterfly:

30 Likes

Thank you Dana! I ghosted them once already and they gave me my job back, and of course I screwed it up because Iā€™m allergic to success and stability. So I canā€™t blame them for not giving me a third chance.
I went there earlier so they could fill out some forms for the housing authoritah and they said HR will fax it to them. I would have felt more confident walking out with it in my hands. What if they forget?? Or just donā€™t care? I always expect the worst.

BTW, how is your son doing?
Edit: just saw your other post. Iā€™m so happy everything is okay and he got to open his presents! Merry Christmas!

5 Likes

Hey all, I have been away for some time. Glad to see you again. Checking in on day 4

15 Likes

Day 27

Rough day just holding on. Work is getting the better of me but Iā€™m only half way through so trying to turn it around. Glad to nearly be at a month. No desire to drink. Would have already lost this job if I was drinking and this place is really good. Not going to find this around near me anywhere else. Pushing on!!!

18 Likes

Dear Dana,

I will do so :smiley:
You know, I forgot a bit about this feeling or status to be ā€œin recoveryā€ the last weeks.
Itā€™s good to be back in.
We should not forget this ā€œstate of mindā€ as sobriety is moving forward.

I donā€™t have a fix plan.
I think, we can start a new thing everyday, every hour, as well as I think we can and should celebrate love everyday :sparkling_heart: not only on Christmas.

I donā€™t want it to trigger me,
but okay - it does :roll_eyes:
Something for my body, like wellness and some extra sport and something good to eat, and a film to watch would be nice.

6 Likes

Hey Juli
Iā€™m sorry to see you slipped a little; but youā€™re not alone. Weā€™re basically starting over again from the same place. I fell off on Thanksgiving and didnā€™t get correct until 4 days ago. I try to keep a morning routine to help me focus, and of course checking in here is an important part. If you donā€™t see me in a day or two, something bad happened.
Keep your chin up! :hugs:

6 Likes

Checking day 116! Didnā€™t sleep great last night. Pretty tired, had therapy earlier, working 12 hours (from home for the holiday week which is nice), so just trying to push through. Iā€™m off tomorrow so my goal is to rest well tonight and get back to the gym tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys their sober Thursday!

21 Likes

Day 37 :muscle: still feeling ruff after this last pancreatic attack the rib pain is better was able to eat today

Happy sober Thursday all

19 Likes

Hi Mark,
thanks for being here with me :muscle:t2:
Watchig out for your checkins man! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

25 Likes

@DryIn785 sorry about the job :pensive: good luck with your housing assistance :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover: sending strength :blue_heart:
@Scorpn congrats on 80 days substance free :tada: and for your other numbers :tada::tada:
@Sabrina80 I hope youā€™re in less pain soon :pray:t2::blue_heart:
@mx_elle this is huge :raised_hands:t2: congrats :tada:
@Luna2022 Iā€™m so sorry for all that youā€™ve been through this year :people_hugging::mending_heart: thank you for sharing. Have you considered getting your locks changed before your exā€™s release date so atleast if he attempts to return, he canā€™t get in? (Without commiting an offence, which he could then be arrested for). I hope he doesnā€™t come back, but thatā€™s what Iā€™d do for peace of mind.
@Juli1 youā€™ll find your peace and ease again :mending_heart::people_hugging: being by the ocean is so good for the soul, I hope you can find some healing there before you return from your holiday :blush::blue_heart:
@Butterflymoonwoman congrats on being out of the hospital and the return of your sonā€™s health :raised_hands:t2::tada: Merry Christmas :santa: :christmas_tree: :gift:
@BT824 welcome back :blush: congrats on 4 days :tada:
@Sirluca sending strength :blue_heart:

871 days no alcohol.
336 days no cocaine.

Feeling pretty defeated right now due to an earlier binge-eating episode. So tired of it. Gaining a lot of weight. Need to get back on track, donā€™t want to wait until the new year when I can start now :muscle:t3: even having 1 full day without binge-eating puts me in a better head space, so hopefully this time tomorrow I can be there :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Still havenā€™t had a takeaway, so not letting myself forget that. :raised_hands:t2:

Iā€™ve no plans for NYE as yet, for quite a few years now, itā€™s just been me and my cats and an early night, then weā€™re woken by nearby firework displays, not so much last year as we donā€™t live in a top floor apartment near the centre of the city anymore, but still thereā€™ll be some around here, I do like them, and thankfully my cats arenā€™t bothered by them, we do have anti-anxiety pheromones going all the while though so that probably helps.

:blue_heart:

17 Likes

@DryIn785 Now more than ever you need a clear head. You can get thru this!

@Luna2022 That really is a tough year, it is ok to feel overwhelmed and like life is unfair. If it helps, vent here as much as you like, we are here to listen.

@Juli1 Keep trying! You can get off the hamster wheel. Never underestimate addiction. It is definitely cunning, baffling, powerful.

@Butterflymoonwoman So glad ur son is out of hospital.

@CATMANCAM Sending strength for dealing with binge eating.

10 Likes

Checking in, end of day 13. Itā€™s been a long week, one more work day before the weekend. Have a great night guys

17 Likes

Thanks to @Juli1 @Misokatsu @CATMANCAM and all the other well wishers, Iā€™d be feeling pretty hopeless without you guys. In fact I was still thinking about getting a beer earlier, but the feeling passed quickly enough. Today was as productive as I could make it, so Iā€™m going to relax tonight and make a battle plan for tomorrow.
I am a little worried about NYE. I never do anything, not even watch the ball drop I usually go to bed around 9. I should, for my own sake, do the same thing this year.
Anyway, hope everybody is having a good sober evening/morning! :v:

8 Likes

NYE is just another day. Remember how proud and good you will feel waking up hangover and regret free. Go to bed early and wake up and shine!

12 Likes

Day 5. So far so good, had a close call last night but it was fine. Went to a pre wedding party today and had a nice time hanging out with the groom, bride and everyone else

16 Likes

I appreciate the replies. Yes itā€™s been a :poop: year, and I know I should still be thankful for a lot, and I need to try to find a more positive way of looking at things. Itā€™s just hard. @CATMANCAM yes I have taken some precautions. I got a restraining order until March 31. The judge only gave me 6 months, so I will try to get it extended. Itā€™s just a piece of paper to him though. His ex wife also got one and heā€™s violated it, and violated mine by trying to contact me from jail. He finally has backed off some and I havenā€™t heard from him since thanksgiving. I went no contact, and I have kept a log of the times heā€™s violated it. I could have pressed more charges, but I have had to hold on to all his stuff, and when I say itā€™s a lotā€¦ā€¦itā€™s a lot. So I really need him released so they will finish the eviction. They put a hold on it, because he was not free to get his things. I have an outdoor camera and an indoor camera facing the sliding doors to the back of my house. Iā€™m just afraid of the unknown right now. I donā€™t know what he will do nor his mental state once released. He has no home, no car, no money, and no phone. Sorry now Iā€™m ranting. I just want to get to the other side of this and be able to move on. I canā€™t do that until his crap is gone, and he has no reason to come to my home.

9 Likes