Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

I think you need a hug and an E for effort and a WD Well Done for all those days, congrats!!

6 Likes

Day 20 no weed
Day 126 no alcohol

Off to work

Have a good day everyone

16 Likes

Day 314
Iā€™m really struggling with feelings of regret for the past at the moment. It has been triggered by the death of a friend, which highlighted that Iā€™ve been unfriended on FB by someone I thought of as a family friend. I contacted her about the death and there has been no reply. Iā€™ve found myself looking through old messages to see if I can find an explanation but that has just brought up multiple unrelated memories that Iā€™m finding extremely uncomfortable. I decided to clear out my old messages, right back 15 years or so.
My appetite is always the first thing to be affected when Iā€™m upset but Iā€™m glad to say that I still made a lovely meal for my daughter and me last night and still managed to eat it. It took a bit of effort to start cooking but I got there in the end.
Iā€™m also able to see that where in the past I would have been utterly floored by this type of thing, I am actually managing a lot better. Yes, Iā€™m still upset but Iā€™m not crippled by it and it hasnā€™t made me lose any sleep. Just before I fell asleep last night I made a meditation where I had a shallow wicker bowl that was full of pebbles and rocks and I emptied them out and then selected several items and carefully arranged them back into the bowl. It was like a mini zen garden. I found that very soothing.
Iā€™m thinking about looking into getting some type of therapy again. I have quite a clear idea of what I want to work on and I think Iā€™m ready to do a bit of emotional digging. Iā€™m going to start putting feelers out for that.
My daughter is going on an adventure weekend today so I need to go and pack her bag now. And then itā€™s just me and my teen son for a couple of nights.
Have a good day everyone :two_hearts:

22 Likes

Day 9

Good morning sober community. How are you all doing? Iā€™m doing good but dealing with unhelpful customer service will drain the joy of out of you. While dealing with this, it dawned on me that I would HATE to be on the receiving end of my anger. Now Iā€™m realizing why people donā€™t really mess with me because I operate from a very simple maxim: be nice and Iā€™ll be nice, cross me and Iā€™ll take you for a ride. Anyways gonna go for a run to let off some steam.

20 Likes

BUGGERRR! Seriously, props for trying to staying awake!

3 Likes

May I check in myself, and express my concern because itā€™s Friday (not like any other days of the week presented a problem before lol). Last night I slept like a log, and I ran 7km after work. Today Iā€™ll run 4 and do some deadlifts, then eat and sleep. Tomorrow morning I have aerobic class where Iā€™m an instructor and I need to stay sober today in order to drive 30km to the place and then jump like crazy for two hours. Thereā€™s nothing worse that doing that trip and activity while hangover. I can do it, I know it, and I will therefore check in here tomorrow as well.

15 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 999. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Checking in day 187! Having a low key morning so far. Going to get to the gym and the grocery store, and work tonight. Hope you all have a fantastic sober Friday :v:t3::peace_symbol:

17 Likes

Happy Friday my friends! Have sn awesome day.

14 Likes

Day 283. Another successful day of class. Part of me does have a hard time remembering what I learned, like I canā€™t resight everything Iā€™ve learned which kind of bugs me. I still think with experience I will become an amazing coach. After these classes I plan on applying at one of the recovery clinics. Still waiting on a apartment, but moving into a new room here at the house and it has a little more privacy. Just trying to reflect on everything and make the right choices. Much love.

26 Likes

Congrats on your 1000 th day my friend. Imagine hey??? This was a big shocker for me when i hit it, I felt its impact more than 2 years. 1000 fucking back to back days without dope and booze. That felt like insanity for me, after a literal lifetime of using. I am so proud of you, you are such a strong human with such a beautiful soul. This life we have been given doesnt always make sense I know, and most days I have given up trying to figure it out. The best I can do is live the last of my days in love; in love with the ocean, the sky, the planet, the people around me and myself. If I can manage that I manage to get through my days. I love you Rob and I am so grateful we are a part of each others recovery. Congrats again. :heart:

11 Likes

10 days!

Iā€™m already done with 10k steps daily goal. Got some studying to do, then Iā€™ll cook a nice dinner (cooking is my hobby, Iā€™m looking forward to it).
Feeling kinda positive for the first time in 10 days

27 Likes

Yeah me too, retaining info is hard with ADHD. I have found that it is easier for me to retain stuff that i can watch and listen to, so either audio and read-a-long or a video that does the cartooning. Thats what has helped me. I am super stoked for you. :heart:

5 Likes

Checking in on day 1587.
Fell off the no caffeine waggon some days ago. I am so stressed and having the impression that I have to justify myself makes it almost unbearable for me. There are real fucking times being sober but drinking wonā€™t help either. That is a fact.

16 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 390
Did not sleep good last night. Had alot on my mind. Woke up at around midnight to eat a slice of pizza :pizza: Not the wisest decision. Finally got back to sleep. Woke up for 7am to relieve the overnight nurse. My son developed a temperature :thermometer:overnight. Hoping its nothing too bad. Will give him a nice bath and some Childrenā€™s Tylenol to help. Today is payday. Have to do some running around this afternoon once hubby gets home. Thats about it for the day. Hope everyone has an addiction free day.
:butterfly:

19 Likes

To the king and queen of the numbers
Congratulations @C_8
On your 1234.32
:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:.:grimacing:6
Congratulations @AyBee on your 1400.00
You guys are awesome :sunglasses: :clap::clap::clap:
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Great job on the 10 ODAATs Sundown
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

21 days :heart:

16 Likes

Awwww thank you very much Stella I love you and am very proud of you too! Thank you!!! :hugs::sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Day 1,001 clean and sober today. Dang thatā€™s crazy typing that. I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

26 Likes