Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #51 - #2540 by DryIn785.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Day 14

• free from alcohol
  • being aware from toxic relationships
  • regular eating without drama

2 weeks. I am fine. Survived first hard cravings yesterday. I am not sure if I can relie on myself.

Had Homeoffice, took the additional time cause of not driving to office and so on for mealpreping, meditation and naps.

Will have yoga and a swim soon.

My group therapy will end in 5 sessions approximately. I will not go there tomorrow, as I will have a hard working week from tomorrow on. Maybe I will focus on online meetings of dharma recovery or CoDA.

29 Likes

Alright I scored! Last post! Nailed it!

7 Likes

Hahaha and I was first!
Please write here what’s going on instead of getting the first drink. :hugs:

5 Likes

Soon. Have to walk Basil first
@Mephistopheles

@Marcio congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@Scorpn good luck with your search for MH support :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@2JTravNZ sending strength :blue_heart:
@EFountains congrats on 5 months :tada:
@Fury congrats on the new job :tada: and the gigs :love_you_gesture:t2::tada:
@SoberWalker congrats on 1600+ days :tada: glad you had a good party :partying_face: :blush:
@MegaMeg welcome back :blush: congrats on day 1 :tada:
@Juli1 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

910 days no alcohol.
375 days no cocaine.

I have made it through the day without binge-eating or vaping. Glad I put the brakes on that cycle wheel. Feel much better today. Went for my walk after waiting in all day for 2 deliveries, though I’m grateful I did have to because that’s partly what stopped me from going to any shops for food to binge or vapes to buy.

I had a Zoom call with a facilitator from the Survivors group, and I’m being added to the waiting list for a 12 week group, the wait is approx 6 months, but there is a group I can attend on the first Tuesday of every month, so I can attend tomorrow if I can psych myself up enough. So that’s 2 different groups I can attend monthly, with the other one for trans, nb, gq survivors on the 2nd Saturday of every month, it’s all on Zoom so not like I have to be trapped in a room with strangers, but I still get high anxiety over group stuff, I’ll go regardless of how I feel though.

Therapy tomorrow so looking forward to that.

:blue_heart:

32 Likes

76 days :muscle: chilling watching the lord of the rings got episode 4 of the last of us to watch after

Nice relaxing evening

Happy sober Monday everyone

32 Likes

Day 478 AF

Hope everyone is doing well.

Feeling pretty tired today. We threw a late bday party for my eldest over the weekend.

I had a convo with my wife last night. I opened up to her about my childhood abuse and trauma. I never told anyone about what happened til this day. Held it in for over 30 years. At first I thought it was just a dream. But the same memory kept repeating in my head, it was too detailed to be a dream. I was afraid to tell anyone due to fear and embrassment. I felt disgusted, honestly. But I needed someone to know. What I told my wife triggered something about her past as well. I felt awful about it. It took her a minute to get it under control. She was shaking and crying. I couldn’t really sleep til she passed out. Stayed up til 2 am. She seems to be okay this morning.

I haven’t thought about boozing. Gotta keep pushing forward. Stay strong everyone.

Have a great day!

39 Likes

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, so “Hello and nice to be here” first.

I am an alcoholic, currently 42 days sober. Today was a good day, I hit the gym after work and had a relaxed evening with my girl.

@GOKU2019 hope your wife is going to be OK, definitely ask her if she needs a talk. But good you opened up to someone instead of letting it feed on you.

Take care, everyone!

32 Likes

Checking in
Day 358
Busy, BUSY day today. Have had sooo much to do hence the late check in.

• Got my son on the bus to school reminding him about his manners and bad language (he has actually done very well over the weekend with this)
  • Did a great lower body workout! Actually set a new personal record for weight lifted during sumo squats
  • Massive grocery shop completed
  • Vacuuming done
  • Laundry folded and put away
  • Dishes are next on my list
  • Bathroom needs cleaning which i need to do after dishes
    And then really needing to stop and pause for a second to connect and pray and do some recovery related stuff. Thats most important!
    I love being productive but i can also take it too far and exhaust myself which isnt good. So im taking a break now and then will continue on. Hope everyone is having an addiction free day!
    :butterfly:
33 Likes

I wish I wasn’t so depressed and could feel better about this.

56 Likes

It took my SSRIs about 4 weeks before I noticed any change. Then had to adjust my doses and add some other meds to balance out. Mental health is a process just like sobriety is. I saw you switched meds recently so just give it some time. Between the meds and the sobriety you’ll get there.

18 Likes

Look who’s got 30 days!!
Congratulations K.
Sorry you’re so depressed. I hope you can feel better about it soon. 30 days is a big deal.
Keep up the great work.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

12 Likes

2 Likes

Well done Karen :heartpulse: Proud of you.
These feelings will pass, i hope you feel better soon x

3 Likes

Happy Monday all. Thanks for being here.

22 Likes

@AlexWayhill
Welcome. Nice platform to share and ask questions. Keep coming back.

2 Likes

Checking in day 155! Been a busy one- came straight to work from the gym, still here for a 12 hour shift. Been getting stuff ready for the new apartment/upcoming move. Will be glad when that’s done and I’m settled! Hope you’re all having a magnificent sober Monday :grinning:

25 Likes

31 Likes

My crowning achievement for the day was closing out #51.

I woke up with a bat in my bedroom. Seriously. My neighbor Joe has mentioned them in the past, flying down the chimney, but it’s bricked off on my side of the wall, so I have no idea how the MF got in. But I had to pee and ate breakfast and when I came back, he was taking a nap under my blanket. So, I just wrapped him up and released him outside.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I had to resort to flying a sign. You know, seeing some guy on a street corner with his backpack and cardboard sign? I used to do that when I was drinking. I didn’t care if it was humiliating. I was drunk and trying to get drunker. I made enough to get my monthly bus ticket. Which my job counselor is supposed to provide. I really felt like shit knowing I had a perfect great job a few weeks ago. But I had to do it again because I’m out of my meds, so I go out there and the best spots were taken when I got there (yes, there are moneymaking spots). So I’m out of meds till whenever.
And my tax return is overdue. Which may be a good thing. If I got money, in my current headspace, it may not work out well. :frowning_with_open_mouth:
I’ll write more later. Watching a movie now. Have a good sober night! :v:

24 Likes