Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Keep going @KarenKW :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:

2 Likes

Day 4

Hey all. Had a good day. Mostly because I spent most of it in bed. Insight Timer knock me out as usual, but again I woke up after only a couple of hours. Guess I’ll have to start taking my Seroquel again and just deal with the hangover. But it was a cold overcast morning and I had no appointments for the day so I just nodded off again on the loveseat. Still can’t shake this inexplicable feeling of irritability. Things are going great, and I’m still taking my Buspar but I still feel like I want to scream. :scream:
Anyway, I get to see Brian tomorrow so that’s something to look forward to. Everyone have a good sober Friday! :v:

17 Likes

Turning in to finish out day 31. Great sober day!

16 Likes

Day 16 of 365
Youtube free 6 of 365

15 Likes

Checking in
Day 390
Day has been… idk… hard i guess. Mind is very preoccupied with the situation that happened at my sons school. Had some using thoughts today (strength maybe a 4/10 which is honestly quite higher than the usual craving). I just kept at distractions and let the thought go. Im feeling like a need a “break” from life. But how to do that, i dont know. How do “normies” take breaks? Lol am doing self care now and definitely need some sleep. Hugs TS fam
:butterfly:

26 Likes

Good evening all, checking in for the day. Today is day 36 for me and I’ve been out of my treatment program for one full day now. I was super nervous and scared coming out but it was not as bad as I made it seem. I did have a couple moments where I ran into some triggers but quickly cleared my head and took my mind off of it. I love that I can come to this group and see everyone’s stories and it help me through the day. Hope everyone has had a blessed day!

#IAmStrongerThanTheStruggle

18 Likes

The weather did NOT cooperate today. But my boys flew in and very successfully surprised my husband for his 60th. Thought a heart attack was about to happen! So, weather be damned. It was a great day. Made a yummy dinner without a cocktail and that made the day even better. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

25 Likes

Congratulations on your ten days Jean and your cocktail free dinner.

4 Likes

Day 12 AF
Bit of a mental struggle today.
One thing that I absolutely treasure about my sobriety is the opportunity to get out at night and drive around to do some photography. Last night I sat at a windswept beach for an an hour and just took the time to appreciate life and grab a few snaps.

28 Likes

So is it 5 months or 4 :sweat_smile:
I quit October 10, 2022.

Had an ok day. Just kinda waking up and going going going until i am overtired and going to bed. I hope y’all are having a good day/night

And want to send support and love to you @Butterflymoonwoman
I hope you find your “normies” break.:people_hugging::people_hugging:

23 Likes

Checking in 5 days behind me.

No plans for a quiet Saturday.

Enjoy your weekends all.

21 Likes

#Day 1635 :walking_woman:
Looking forward to this day the whole week! Going to visit an old town up north called Zutphen. It 1,5 hour by train from where I live.
Going with a friend who I know for 30 years. She knows everything from me, the good and the bad. It’s good to have a friend like that.

Had goldsmith class yesterday and wrestling with making a silver ring. Difficult but fun!
I think I never had the guts to try this if I was still drinking…
Have a good saturday TS people! :raising_hand_woman:

24 Likes

5 full complete months you haven’t used!! Yay you! ODAAT ( next month you’ll be half a year! :heart_eyes:)

@SoberWalker have fun!

6 Likes

Just want to say i freakin love you! You’re such an amazing and supportive person! Thank you for being you! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you. Just now I see your grounding info meme has 4 months! Now I get it! Why you asked 4 or 5!
Oct 10 equals 5 ! :wink:
That’s a great grounding info meme. We all should do it every day. At least. Big hugs.

4 Likes

Here is the photo without my app icons :relieved:

7 Likes

Hey all its been a minute! Checking in day 318 af. Hope you all have a great weekend! Keep it simple:)

19 Likes

Day 10,
Lazy weekend and that’s all I could ask for.

22 Likes

Lol, this is what I think sometimes. Doesn’t everyone want to check out occasionally? I think they either do in a ‘mild’ way (social media, a nap, etc) or they just sit with their feelings! Crazy, huh?

12 Likes