Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

@Cjp thank you. It has definitely been a journey. The first few months were hell but the last 3 or 4 have been fairly smooth sailing. In the beginning, keeping a daily journal really helped keep the feelings real and fresh, visiting this place daily helped as well and seemed to help keep me grounded. I increased my workouts and started running a lot. I definitely could not have done it, especially in the early days, without the support of everyone on here. I definitely appreciate it.

4 Likes

Awesome share!

1 Like

Always some shit going down on TSā€¦

Day 1962? Not sure. All I know is that one of the greatest days of the year is here, the start of March Madness!

7 Likes

West Virginia/ Maryland starting it off right. :fire:

1 Like

Day 1630 something.

Despite putting on a smile and trying to be cheerful, truth is, Iā€™ve been depressed for months now. Getting up is hard, getting out of the house is harder. The only thing that gives me joy lately is playing music, but between the kids and chores, thereā€™s been little time.

The days are longer now and that will help. As spring settles in, and the leaves return, and the air becomes warm, and the rain turns to sunshine and the grey turns to color, Iā€™ll feel better and more like myself.

Until then, ODAAT

16 Likes

Second check in
I had enough energy to clean the apartment and even cleaned the windows.
Damn thatā€™s so bright :sunglasses:
Iā€™m ashamed to admit that I didnā€™t clean them in over 1 year :face_with_peeking_eye::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

My bracket is already a dumpster :fire::fire:

1 Like

Happy National Panda Day! Haha. Have an awesome day my friends.

10 Likes

Furman got ya. :joy:

1 Like

Mine is too

Currently 0-3 :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Congrats my friend! :rose::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

What type of music do you play?

1 Like

Working on day 7, few hours to go. Grateful to be building up time again. Very thankful I was resilient enough to get back in the wagon right away. Trying on wedding bands definitely helped put the journey in perspective as well, thereā€™s going to be no messing around when Iā€™m married.

7 Likes

Thank you all!! Iā€™m honored to say that they have decided to name her Meabh Rebecca :heart: I am honored beyond emotions. I am thankful for this much joy with sobriety. Iā€™m flying over in 9 days a sober grandma with no worries about alcohol related circumstances. If anyone on here is struggling, you wonā€™t believe the insurmountable blessings you can have with sobriety :pray:

18 Likes

OMG, your trip is so near!!! Just realised that Iā€™m probably travelling too at the same time :heartpulse:

1 Like

Better than your life!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I miss the laugh reacts on here :rofl:

2 Likes

All sorts, like alt. Rock and all other flavors, country, blue grass, folk, 80s retro.

Iā€™m a fan of all genres so I consider myself a student of all as well. :metal::grin:

3 Likes

You play instruments I assume? What instruments? I am a fan of all genres as well. But I really like bluegrass. I hated it when I started playing guitar when I was younger but my instructor told me
That If I want to be able to play anything then I should learn bluegrass. So I started learning and listening and was hooked.

3 Likes