Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Big hug for you girl…! :hugs:
Always glad to read some post of you!
You are doing great and I hope these rough times you are going through will get better soon.

4 Likes

Day 54. Sleep was a bit better despite tornado warning for 30 minutes in the middle of the night. Still sick. :nauseated_face: Work was okay today and I’m slowly making progress. My sister gets here soon and it will be nice to visit with her. Just taking things one day at a time.

20 Likes

Day 11 no weed day 117 no alcohol

Craved quite a bit today
2 orders of fries and a order of onion rings later, I feel much better

I have to be at work tomorrow at 5am so I’ll be sleeping soon

I’m happy to have had a sober day

20 Likes

Thank you :heart:
I also am always glad to see your name on a post. You are amazing!

3 Likes

23 days Sober.

19 Likes

Checking in sober and happy for all the support this group provides.

11 Likes

Happy Thursday! Well according to the weather folks we are going to get anywhere from 0 inches to 100 feet of snow tomorrow here in Chicagoland. Can i get a job like that?

16 Likes

Soooo truelol

2 Likes

Reached 11 months yesterday. We are spending the day at an adventure park today, it’s busy, I’m feeling pretty run down and not adventurous at all. But my son is 13 today, so all the kids are having an awesome day. The sun is shining, and I’m just relaxing and observing today.

30 Likes

6 years 2.5 months. Had my daughter’s IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting at her school today. She has an intellectual disability and is nonverbal. They had a lot of good things to say about her and since this is high school they are starting to talk about her transitioning to work. It’s good to know there are options for her. It was 2 hours of listening to them talk and it’s always exhausting. I came home and slept afterwards! Tomorrow’s my birthday and I kinda hope it’s not too interruptive because I want to catch up on work. I’m going to brunch on Saturday with my parents to celebrate.

23 Likes

For me it helps to think: I can’t control the behaviour of others. But I can control the way I act on it. So I try not to let it upset me if I can. Not easy but most of the time it works :blush:
For what I’ve reed you like your job, so I would not leave if I where you. But if you do not look around for anothere and then leave. Never trow away the old shoes before you have bought the new ones :wink:

8 Likes

#Dat 1627 :walking_woman:
Project cat…that’s where I’m busy with :hugs:
She is still hiding most of the time but sometimes she suddenly walks trough our livingroom and let her pet herself. Last night she finally ate something so I’m very happy with that. A cat becomes sick if she doesn’t eat/drink for 2 days and can die because of liver faillure.

This morning we found her hiding behind our television :sunglasses:
Little steps each day to let her get used to our house and us. A bit like recovery: babysteps!
Well I think I know how that works for a bit :face_with_peeking_eye:
One day at a time :grin:
Today? Work and tonight gold smith class.
Have a good friday all! :raising_hand_woman:

28 Likes

Day 2

Good morning from Germany, just thought I would start checking in.

—I woke up anxious and worried. Overwhelmed by the tasks for the day. Trying to keep the judgement at bay. I’m naming that critical voice in my head, my inner saboteur as RuPaul would say, Count Olaf after the nefarious and bumbling villain from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickett. I think I’m going to buy those books. Every time Count Olaf raises his mean, thin eyebrows and fixes his thin crusty lips to say something, I’m yelling, “get away from that child!”

—My room is a mess, and my gym schedule is out of wack because I drank three days ago. I think I’m throwing myself a pity party and I need to snap out of it. I missed two days of lifting (shoulders and legs) and my cherished, healing, endorphin producing run :man_running:t6: . I’ve been ordering takeout for the past 3 days so I have no groceries to make breakfast with except Muesli. I also need to go get journals from Muji. I can’t believe I’m complaining about this :joy:. My problems are not gonna kill me.

German bureaucracy rears its head, I shudder in Kafka It’s ok. I’ll go to the city hall on Monday and the tax office later in the week with my German speaking friend. Both are within a 10-20 minute walk from my apartment.

—I’m gonna pick a card from my Tarot deck today. See what they have to tell me. I’m excited to start on The Artists’ Way by Julia Cameron and that’s why I need to go get the journals. Looking at my bookcase, I’m gonna revisit my favorite chapter from All About Love by bell hooks. I also started a hilarious and incisive novel that I had to put on hold while I read Catherine Gray’s book on sobriety. It’s called Wizard of the Crow by Ngugi wa Thiong’o. Highly recommend!

—Later this evening, I will talk to some current students at my alma mater along with the movers and shakers who inspired me to pursue a career in the arts! There’s a bit of imposter syndrome there but actually my shit is usually together so it makes sense that I’m being asked to talk to these young, impressionable college kids. And I get to be the young cool one on the panel!

—Ok, I’m ready for the day now. Time for Muesli and coffee. I don’t want to make my bed, but I will.

18 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

One more late shift to go. Looking forward to the weekend already. Pic is from my commute yesterday. A bit on the cold side but the sun was lovely. X
@liminal.rehab Welcome to Talking Sober and welcome to this thread DJ! Wishing you all success in your personal sober journey. Thanks for reminding me of Julia Cameron, I once started The artist’s way but didn’t come further than the first chapter. Gonna make a new effort starting today. Have a good one!

20 Likes

No worries, I didn’t get past the second chapter on my first try either. But I did continue the journaling practice for about a month and the benefits were amazing. The peace, the serenity, the calmness I felt! If anything, just do it for that.

5 Likes

Day 13 no weed
119 no alcohol

After craving for pot all day yesterday, I’m very greatful I stayed sober

It’s 4:41am here and I have work at 5am this morning

If I picked up weed yesterday, no doubt in my mind I’d either be sleeping, up and exosted, up exosted and high

I kept playing the tape through and even remember that pot doesn’t help me with my anxiety. It’s just the way I am. I remembered smoking early in the morning to help with anxiety but I remembered it just gets me high and I still feel the anxiety.

Yesterday instead of smoking weed I bought me and my wifey dinner, clipped my hair and took a shower

I didn’t smoke yesterday and I feel amazing at 4:00am ready for work

Today is truck day
I bought gloves and I have some money for some food and drinks while I’m at work

I kept asking my wifey if weed was a bad idea. I just had to ask even though it made me feel weak. She said everytime it was a bad idea. I’m so happy she at least stayed strong for me

I have 5min and I’m outtie to work, awake and clear headed.

Take care everyone
Drugs and alcohol are way over rated. They aren’t even close to as good as they seem. I think it’s accepted because of the way the dealers and business people made it look.

Drugs and alcohol would not have been a help to me today

Take care everyone

20 Likes

Day 48

I’ve slept in till past midday and I feel like shit. Got a couple of things to get through but it’s mostly gonna be a pyjama and Netflix day. I seem to go through phases when I feel ok and when the fatigue just takes over.

17 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 992. I hope everybody has a good one!

16 Likes

Congrats @Alycia on 11 months!!

3 Likes

18 Likes