Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

10 days is awesome!! @Katy

2 Likes

Hi everybody.
Iā€™m here after 1 year long relapse (after being sober for 2 years). Been trying since beginning of December, but canā€™t seem to go further than 3-14 days.
I remembered that Iā€™ve been active in this community in my early sober days 3 years ago. So Iā€™ll give it a try once again

18 Likes

Itā€™s Friday !!! 24 days Sober and feeling great most of the timeā€¦. Still have my moments but have a few friends in place for accountability and encouragement. Have a great weekend!

13 Likes

Yes, sir! Triple digits for you!

2 Likes

Why do you feel the pressure? Maybe, because you have to plan it or it blocks time for other things?

You ā€œonlyā€ do it for yourself and for no-one else.:wink:

All first steps can be daunting. As you said, give it a try.

1 Like

Happy 11 sober months! Congratulations!:tada::confetti_ball::tada:

1 Like

109 days sober, checking in on this wonderful Fridayā€¦ even if the weather doesnt suggest it here in Ontario, it is still a wonderful Friday to me because im sober. God bless yā€™all

12 Likes

@Sundown8 welcome back to TS! Im sorry to hear about your relapse :frowning: ODATT we are all here for u!
@katy congratulations on double digits!!! Way to go!
@Noshame way to go on not smoking weed yesterday and making better choices :slight_smile: proud of you!
@Alycia congratulations on 11 months!!!

6 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 383
Good morning TS fam! Today i am feeling exhausted. I think all of the exercise ive been doing lately has finally caught up to me.
Not much is on the agenda today. Just a good grocery shop this morning and then rest. May try to attempt a workout but we will see how i feel after groceries.
Hope everyone has an addiction free day
:butterfly:

16 Likes

Closing in on the six months mark, and noticing some recurring thoughts about drinkingā€“not that I want to drink, thoughts about when I did drink that drive shame and self-loathing and sadness and hopelessness. That makes it sound more dire than it really is, actually. Itā€™s more that the mental health issues I have tend to manifest in these sort of obsessive thoughts that drive anxiety/depression spirals that contribute to relapses. I wanted to put this somewhere, to recognize it and call it out and jump the curb on before I go any farther down this road and I figured this was a good enough place to do it. The weather is warming and my last epic relapse was the past summer, so as I begin to think with hope of all the fun spring and summer activities itā€™s reminding me of all the terrible terrible choices I made and making me feel kind of shitty.

17 Likes

Happy Friday! Have an awesome weekend my friends.

11 Likes

Checking in day 180! According to the app thereā€™s still a few days til my 6 months, but almost there :tada: Iā€™m dog sitting for a friend so had to get up and move early today after a late night of work, so feeling sleepy today. The group I ran at work yesterday went well and I feel really good about it. Got asked to do a little presentation on Monday morning, and I appreciate being seen for these opportunities.

Going to trudge myself to the gym in a bit, have a client for my part time job, then work 12 hours. Not the ideal Friday but im off all weekend. Hope you all have a fantastic sober Friday!

18 Likes

Because I have a lot of other things to do :sweat_smile:

I knowā€¦ I have to take it serious.

Further pressure because I know I am in danger, but my addictive mind tells me I can do it without this meeting thing.

2 Likes

Great place to put this Jenny.
Iā€™m a firm believer in milestone malady. It didnā€™t make me want to drink either. But Iā€™d get depressed around just before 6 months, 9 months; And that 300 day mark really fucked with my head even though I knew it was milestone malady. That addictive brain is fighting back. I just kept going easy on myself. As long as I hit the pillow sober it was a great successful day. Even if I didnā€™t get anything done besides walking my dogs and feeding the pets.
Keep up the great work.
We got your back.
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Welcome back Sundown.
I remember seeing this post yesterday.
Thought Iā€™d copy it for ya.

Sometimes in my recovery it helps just to know Iā€™m not alone.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

12 Likes

119 no alcohol
13 no weed no THC pen

Very happy Iā€™m sober today

I had a great day working
I learned how to unload the truck and put out about 55 or 60boxes in 2 hours which is spot on where I need to be

22 Likes

Struggling! Just want to drink! Iā€™ve been sober this time for 3months and 2 daysā€¦I will keep going but I just want to cry and drink

21 Likes

Good job checking in and telling on yourself. Make the decision not to use today.

4 Likes

Day 2

I could sleep all day!
Yesterday I had 2 sport sessionsā€¦
will head to the pool tonight again as itā€™s closed Saturday and Sunday due to an event.

So i will do some home workout and yoga on weekend.

I will just go on napping, until I go to my swimā€¦
And lay down afterwards again.

I am taking my vitamin b complex and a supplement for the gut microbiom.
Magnesium and vitamin d of cause.

Eating healthy, drinking enough.

The symptom gets worse with every relaps.

18 Likes

Thank you! It does help knowing Iā€™m not alone

2 Likes