Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Checking in on day 1. Feeling scared, but also tired of waking up feeling like crap when I drink. And tired of how much time and thought I put into analyzing whether or not I have a problem with alcohol even on the days when I’m not drinking it and not even in the mood for it. So let’s try something different.

26 Likes

Welcome, I wish you well on your AF journey.

5 Likes

I’m excited about this:

I’m treating myself to a pedicure tomorrow. It’s been a long road to get here with countless day 1s. Things finally clicked this year. I’m still struggling with depression, but my anxiety is better. And a lot less shame and self-loathing.

It’s all about remembering that what ever the problem is, drinking will just make things worse.

Thanks for supporting me on this journey.

33 Likes

Day 5 and BBQd a tri tip

16 Likes

This makes me sooooo happy, Karen! You have fricken earned this, you have worked so hard and it paid off. Well done and congrats!

4 Likes

Join us on the Foodies thread if you like! Looks tasty!
Foodies Unite #7(trigger warning food) GNOC, GNOC, GNOCCHI ON HEAVEN’S DOOR!

4 Likes

Thanks Rosa!

3 Likes

Day 4 no weed
Day 154 no alcohol

Long day today
I was just not in the mood for people

I hope tomorrow will be better

18 Likes

Welcome :purple_heart: . I remember those times. Just accepting I have a problem and then doing something about it was much easier than wrestling with if I have a problem or not.

@KarenKW Congratulations! :blush: :partying_face: :blush:

7 Likes

Huge congratulations on 3 months!!!

5 Likes

Day 5 well I did way better than I thought. It’s Friday had to go be around family and I did not drink. Was offered even though I said I wasn’t drinking. Just left and now I’m going to head to bed (I know it’s early) I know I feel great in the morning!

21 Likes

Checking in with 38 days AF. Our day started with a call from my husband’s aunt to let him know his uncle passed away. He was 84, and had throat cancer, so not shocking. What was a bit odd was Aunty asked my husband to write the obit. She has 2 grown capable children. My husband has only met his uncle maybe 6-8 times in his life. Of course he did it, he is wonderful with that stuff. But just kinda set our day a bit crooked. Got our last (shortened) ski day in, and we leave my happy place tomorrow. Always easy to stay AF (for me) on the road. Just hoping my mind can turn off a bit for a decent night sleep.
OK, take care all!

17 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Out of bed early on the first day of my holidays proper. I kept waking up and every time after I fell asleep again my dreams got worse. So here I am. Awake and sober. And tired. I’ll be OK.

I had some intense experiences in therapy yesterday. I feel I really made some progress there. Might have opened me up a bit, I may be a bit more receptive to stuff. Both good and bad. And not hiding myself in booze and drugs. Never again. I’m alive and I’m awake. Not going back to sleep. X

@KarenKW Huge congrats Karen! Enjoy the pedi, you deserve it! So glad you’re here with all of us. We’re in this together. Hugs.
@JenMar Welcome to Talking Sober and this thread in particular JenMar! Glad to have you aboard. This place has been such a huge support in my sober journey. Hoping it can be for you too. Hoping to see more of you, getting and giving support, learning, sharing, growing. Wishing you all success.
@Seb You have every right to be proud Seb. I’m glad for you friend.
@KevinesKay Huge congrats on six months! Thanks for being part of my journey friend. On we go.

Pic is six years ago today, McKay ID, on my first USA roadtrip. What a view for a boy from the polder.

26 Likes

Wel done Kevin! :balloon::balloon::balloon:
200w (1)

5 Likes

Have fun at the pedicure Karen! You deserve some really good “me time” :tada::tada::tada:
3 months down!! :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:
2067036262funny-guys-dancing-animated-gif-4
So I have these lovely guys for you doing the soberdance! :face_with_peeking_eye::sunglasses::joy:

6 Likes

Massive congratulations with your clean time and also congratulations with your new found bonus daughter!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

8 Likes

Sober, happy and a little bit saint :smiley:. Let me share with you my seven months of sobriety and a picture of Easter in Sevilla.

19 Likes

Badass thank you for sending me that. I should be good in a couple months, never lifted too heavy so it’s not that bad. It’s just a lot of stretching and exercising hoping the disc gets reabsorbed and repairing the piriformis so I’m not putting too much pressure on it by standing up.

3 Likes

Day 38,

Slept in today till like 1 in the afternoon. I feel myself falling into a depression so I’m hauling my ass to the gym for some confidence building weighlifting and feel good cardio. Then I’m journaling my heart out. Half of the battle is catching myself and saying “we are not doing this.”

Afterwards I’m going to continue reading Pleasure Activism

My friend is coming over for dinner later. Making a salmon and hake roast with fondant potatoes. Delicious

32 Likes

Day #60 !!!

It’s Saturday and hopefully the weather is going to be halfway decent today. Planning on spending the day outside getting some cleanup done from the recent wind and storms.

Thank you all for helping me get to two months!!!

30 Likes