Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Day 6. Still not eating much. Mood all over the place. But went for a walk, spoke to my counselor, and still sober.

20 Likes

I love all of this post.
:sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. You really have been through a lot :purple_heart: But you have got through it and are thriving now!

1 Like

The couple who own the ranch I’m tending in New Mexico got back yesterday. When they left for vacation a couple of weeks ago they offered me a bottle of wine & I told them I wasn’t drinking. Fast forward to last night and they both were drinking, she had wine & he had a small Scotch. Again they offered & again I simply declined, didn’t make a big deal out of it. They only know me as a daily drinker (like she is), but I always controlled myself around them. I know she, like me, has to control it & normally she sticks to one glass of wine. But last night she had 1/2 the bottle and I could see her personality shift a bit, kind of like she got heavier. Last time I drank I noticed my own personality change as well. Freaky what that shit does to people. Still enjoying the image of pouring a drink from the gas pump, lol, not very appealing. Anyway, checking in sober.

19 Likes

Courage.
You are full of it.
Thank you for sharing, sending you a big squeeze.
:sparkles: :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Day 89. Surviving.

19 Likes

Was sober all day and plan to hit my pillow that way too.

Be strong everyone.

17 Likes

I think Ronnie broke every vertebrae or slipped every disc, or both, when he was doing Mr Olympia. I only have one possible herniation so I look at Ronnie and keep moving as well. Light weight baby!

Also I think I’m a week off pain medicine, I still have about 3 weeks worth left in case something happens but it seems the worst is over. Just getting used to moving around again. For anyone in chronic pain just friendly PSA I’m about 5 years into this mess and the clouds are finally starting to part, and they can clear up if your take care of things properly (which I did not, I should have done this years ago). So just get after it and hang in there, the back-to-normal feeling is way better than any high you’re literally every going to find and it’s all day every day.

7 Likes

Wow you have been sober for many years. That is awesome!

2 Likes

Thsnks so much @Misokatsu and @Its_me_Stella , 2 ladies I have so much respect for :heartpulse::heartpulse:

@RosaCanDo I love what you’ve said, it is so applicable to what I shared! I’m going to find this book, it sounds like it would be a great read. Thank you my friend :hibiscus:

8 Likes

Checking in
Day 417
Was feeling a little lonely tonight and thought id check in and be around all of u lovely people. Ive really been missing the recovery component of my day. Life gets busy but I can not forget that my HP and recovery come first. Bcuz when it does, i am able to have my family and my job and all of the amazing things i have in my life. Priorities, priorities. Tomorrow, me, hubby, and our son are heading to purchase a new couch! Totally feels like adulting lol im excited about that. I feel really proud of myself today for eating so well. I havent done this well in a loooong time. And what else… lol I am just grateful to be clean and i am SO grateful for all of u. I love u guys. Ur my TS family :slight_smile: I dont have that recovery community anywhere else so im beyond grateful for all of u :sparkles: Hope everyone is having an addiction free day
:butterfly:

24 Likes

Checking in after 37 days AF. I am looking forward to that number getting bigger. It creeps pretty slowly. But steadily.
So I mentioned there were bottles of booze left here by friends, and I noticed tonight my hubby was quietly making himself cocktails. I was wondering why the beers weren’t being drunk. Not sure why he was being a little sneaky - we haven’t talked about my not drinking. I have been on various “wagon” trips before of varying lengths. I am sure he is just being kind not being blatant. He is certainly not the problem!
Anyway, take care all!

18 Likes

Day 10

Im calling out today. I dont want to be in work. I got my work done. I have stayed sober, made a few explicit plans to drink and held off on doing so. I reread my day 0 post yesterday and that helped with my perspective.

22 Likes

Well we are all happy for you being here as well @Butterflymoonwoman . You allways have a kind word for everyone :heavy_heart_exclamation:

#Day 1661 :walking_woman:
Early out of bed because of my “to do list” before leaving our house and the need to sit with coffee and phone as well. My day won’t start well if I would skip my coffee in the morning routine. Just me, coffee, the news and TS and the cat ofcourse. Hope she will find the balls someday to come sit with me :sweat_smile:
Today? One of my kids slipped his tongue so I know we are going to Belgium. I think we are going to hike in the Ardeche. We are leaving at 9 this morning.
Looking forward to my birthday trip :grin:
Life is better sober! :green_heart:

This jar is going with me, I bought it yesterday at the triftshop. It’s a “kletspot”, I do not know if you have them in your country?
It’s filled with questions you can ask to eachothers and have a good talk and fun!
Questions about life but also funny ones.
Curious where I sleep tonight!
Bye for now :raising_hand_woman:

24 Likes

Have as good a days as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Have a good Easter all. Pic is the managers at work handing out easter eggs yesterday. As far as managers go they’re pretty cool.
My holidays started yay! Will travel next Thursday, but I’ll have some down time at home first. And very first double therapy day today. x
@Becsta You made me cry in the train back home yesterday friend. Both happy and sad tears. Love ya sober sister.
@Minatasha Looks like a solid plan friend. Have a good one.
@SoberWalker Enjoy your (not so big) surprise weekend Claudia! Ardennes or Ardeche? Both are lovely :heart: :earth_africa: :walking_man:

26 Likes

Thank you :innocent:

2 Likes

Day 0. Feeling down and just acted out with PMO. I am not feeling great right now. Had a hard day emotionally and I cracked. I can’t rely on myself. I have to rely on God. I just came off of 4 month of sobriety. That was an excelent 4 months. I am trying to not fall into the spiral of shame right now. Gotta keep my peace get back up, move forward and not look back. I hope to get some sleep tonight. Call my sponsor tomorrow morning and check in with him. Gotta keep going.

18 Likes

Day 12 checking in be going to a meeting tonight to share about my relapse hopefully it helps someone else from making the same mistakes hope everyone is well :pray:t2:

21 Likes

Loved reading this. Sometimes we need to look for the little wins and BIG wins that sobriety brings

3 Likes

Beautiful kitty!:+1:t2:

4 Likes