Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Happy Motherā€™s Day to the moms.

11 Likes

I already have one :+1: Must use it more often.

4 Likes

Checking in on day 7ā€¦had a wonderfully sober weekend, but still nervous about what my future self will do in the weekends to come. However, checking in daily, getting to know others bit by bit, learning to share, to planā€¦ i really hope this time I can do it

19 Likes

Day 3 no alcohol or marijuana

Settling down at my wifeā€™s grandparents place

Iā€™ve been looking for work

I never want to relaps. I really donā€™t. I always relaps and it NEVER helps anything

My wifeā€™s uncle first impression of me was me when Iā€™m completely stoned.
Imagine your wife and some of her family says your moving, pack you up get you in the car and get to a new home ALL while completely blitzed on a pot vape

I really appreciate they gave me this chance at a new life with my wife

All I can do is stay sober, look for work and be respectful

I had over 6months no alcohol until I picked up that pot vape. There is no good reason I can think of for my relaps. All that happened was I thought I was free to make a choice to relaps and I underestimate the power of that choice. I just kept going. I was wrong to do that. I picked up then it was like I forgot about everything. I had 1 beer that got me sick. And that pot vape was like, what am I even thinking

Stay strong
If you fall pick yourself up and keep trying. Donā€™t underestimate the choice and power of 1 drink. It could just be the worse choice that could be made

19 Likes

Day 8. Had a nice walk this morning. Now cheering on the Celtics. Tacos for dinner later. Putting one foot in front of the other.

19 Likes

Congratulations on 1 week sober Marc.
3 years and counting on the gratitude thread has been one of my strongest tools.

Just for today.
Sometimes easier said than done. But taking it ODAAT is the only way I can do it.
:pray::heart::hugs:

11 Likes

Didnā€™t recognize you with your cat on. :heart_eyes_cat: Nice. :kissing_cat:
Congrats on day 8 Karen.

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 455
Today has been good for the most part. I have 1 hour left of work before i can go home. Hubby is making homemade burgers with all the toppings for supper so thats nice (its what i requested for a mothers day meal). Im excited about tmrw as I get to pick up a new preworkout and do a little healthy grocery shopping. Love buying health related stuff. Im very much like a kid in a candy store lol I am a but nervous tho about my sons MRI on Tuesday. He gets them every 3 months to check on his brainstem tumor (to make sure its not growing) and i always get a bit emotional and stuff around these dates. Just trying to live in the moment right now. To be grateful for him in my life. And to enjoy each and every moment with him. Hope everyone is doing well today. I realize that this day can be hard on people for various reasons. Just wanting to send out virtual hugs to everyone on this day.
:butterfly:

22 Likes

173 :muscle: chilling binge watching heartland new season on Netflix

Happy sober Sunday everyone

17 Likes

Day 7. And what a difference a week makes. This weekend is ending one hundred times better than the previous one did. For that I am thankful.

16 Likes

Happy Motherā€™s Day to all!

I always feel a little lonely, more than usual, on this day. So I thought Iā€™d take a moment to rant about mommy issues. One expects your mother, of all people, to care for you no matter what you say or do. But thatā€™s not always the case.
There was no neglect or abuse in our household, but there was a certain distance. Like being roommates instead of a family. I realized in adulthood she simply didnā€™t want to be a mother, but as a child I constantly wondered what I was doing wrong. :cry:
The separation got worse when Matt and I became teenagers. And she pretty much cut ties altogether after divorcing dad. I didnā€™t realize the depth of her disdain until I took a road trip to Norfolk, VA and everything went wrong. I called home for help and she hung up. Then she had the phone company block the entire 757 area code so she didnā€™t have to block just one number.

A few years ago, my brotherā€™s best friend in high school reached out to me on FB to let me know she was dead. Iā€™m ashamed of myself for feeling nothing, but I didnā€™t.

Iā€™m terribly sorry to rant, but I had to let it out.

17 Likes

Congrats on day 7 Marc. No future tripping friend. Know itā€™s you at the wheel. Even if addiction wants you to believe otherwise. Itā€™s lying. Addiction always lies.

9 Likes

Donā€™t be ashamed. Loveā€™s a two way street and itā€™s a tough way to grow up with a mother who isnā€™t really your mother.

After my mum died I talked to a psychiatrist a couple of times. Only useful exchange we had concerned my mum. She was a good decent human being I told him. So I had no right to be mad at her. To which he said: but was she a decent good mum? :heart::people_hugging:

13 Likes

Congrats. And listen to what @Mno said. Donā€™t worry about next weekend, next month, nothing. Just concentrate on the day youā€™re in. Makes it easier and more manageable.:+1:

8 Likes

Checking in day 411. Iā€™m going to try keep in touch as much as I can on here and reach out to a meeting this week. Not normally my thing but I can feel an impending release and Iā€™m pretty desperate for that not to happen again. I know where it leads and I donā€™t want to suffer through that again.
Much love everyone :heartpulse:

28 Likes

@JazzyS thank you :blush: šŸ©µ and congrats on not engaging with addiction when you found the stash, :clap:t2: I hope itā€™s somewhere else by now.
@Amy30 that IS huge! Congrats on 4 months :tada:
@SoberWalker thank you :blush: Iā€™m sorry you also lost your Mum to cancer :people_hugging: I do believe they are proud of us now. šŸ©µ
@Starlight14 happy sober birthday :birthday: :balloon::gift::partying_face:
@Alycia Iā€™m glad youā€™re coming here to air your addict thoughts, I hope it helps to know we are all fighting with you :people_hugging: sending strength šŸ©µ
@james83 congrats on trying something new :clap:t2: :tada:
@Seb welcome back :blush: congrats on your honesty :tada:
@liminal.rehab I echo what JazzyS said, and itā€™s a great idea to practice setting boundaries. I hope you had a fun time at the Flea Market :blush:
@Wakikki congrats on 500 days :tada:
@Marc3 congrats on your week :tada:

1007 days no alcohol.
472 days no cocaine.
94 days no vape.

Was awake til the early hours, but still woke up quite early. Spent some time with the cats, did my morning routine, went for both walks, showered, meditated some more, spent some time here, watched some TV, now Iā€™m here again, checking-in.

I hope youā€™ve all had wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

šŸ©µ

22 Likes

@Alycia im sorry you are struggling. What makes you feel like a relapse is impending?

6 Likes

Been super busy the last week! Havenā€™t had much time to check in. My team lost one game in the playoffs itā€™s double elimination but we won 2 more so overall we are 3-1 in the playoffs and advance to the championship rounds this week. Exciting times for me as a head coach! All of this while working and pushing through my last grad school class and making time for family! With all this thereā€™s no room for alcohol at all and Iā€™m always thankful for that! Hope all the mothers out there have a happy Motherā€™s Day and everyone has a great week! Much love sober fam :heart:

14 Likes

Ohhhhh good luck @Jwfletcher4792 im cheering on your team!!!

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œDryIn785, post:1376, topic:163371ā€]
I think I can find some outside activity; they do have trips for the blind or people in wheelchairs.
[/quote] :thinking: Never thought of that but you are so correct - iā€™m sure you will find something.
Upside down camera thing huh ā€“ now Iā€™m intrigued - looking forward to watching.
Wishing you luck with the inhaler. Also- look into reflexology and acupressure - wonā€™t cure copd but will bring a lot of relief.

6 Likes