Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Checking in sober another 24 hours

14 Likes

Welcome @Venga030 and congratulations on 3 days! Hope to see you around here often. :blush:

6 Likes

Welcome @Venga030 I think your English is great! Certainly a lot better than my GSCE German. There are lots from Europe here (I am from England - love Germany).

Checking in on Day 9. Slept OK. A little nervous about my presentation at work. Summer has finally arrived here and I don’t know what to wear. I know that sounds ridiculous but I still haven’t lost the weight I put on over lockdown. Feel like if I look professional then that is half the battle of a good presentation.

Have a good day everyone

15 Likes

Ah Catmama, I’m so glad we could be of help to you! :heart: Remember always, if you feel the threat again, come to us xx

25 days is huge! You should be so proud of yourself :muscle: I’m only slightly ahead at day 32, so we are sober buddies, okay? :grin:
Tackle each day as it comes. Look at your sober number as something you have to defend from attack :crossed_swords::shield: It’s how I handle it :slightly_smiling_face:

You are so close to your month alcohol free! So happy for you x

10 Likes

Congratulations and keep up the good work

4 Likes

Checking in early, damn this insomnia! But I am working on maintaining and even upping my sleep hygiene, i.e. wind down routine, etc. I read something on IG this morning that resonated with me. This woman was describing not wanting to go to her regular exercise class, she had plenty of excuses like being on her period and sleeping only 3 hours, but she went anyway. At the end of the class when the instructor was wrapping up she said, “If that was challenging for you, don’t mistake that challenge for defeat. You didn’t give up. You DID it!” She got a lot out of that timely reminder and I did, too.

Life is not always sunshine and roses. That’s not realistic. Life is full of hurdles, ups and downs. Finding the right mindset, to quote @Mno , is key to dealing with day to day challenges. For me, it has been to shift away from avoidance tendencies, from the desire to run away and hide out, and to numb my feelings. I WANT to face things and build my confidence and handle tough situations in a rational and effective way. I GET to do that by staying sober and working on my overall well-being and pushing through discomfort.

Just wanted to pass along that little nugget that helped me this morning when I’m struggling through sleeplessness. Sending love, amigx :heartpulse:

23 Likes

1446, now that’s a good high! It’s good to see you well as well, thank you! Lovely picture!

7 Likes

Day 1,076 clean and sober today and I fucking slept last night hell yesssss!!! The new antidepressant is still making me feel yucky physically but the sleep medication is working YAY!!! I am still tired I guess from not sleeping well for so long but I am on the right path for sure. Thank you all for the support and I apologize for not responding back to you all but I’ve seen you thank you! Have a wonderful day today I love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

25 Likes

Gefeliciteerd with your fixed contract :partying_face::sparkles::partying_face:

5 Likes

Checking in. Last day of work before the first five day stretch off in what seems like forever. Have a great day guys.
@Venga030 Marco welcome to the community. Keep coming back for motivation.:+1: Don’t worry about your English, it’s probably better than some of ours that are actually from the states. :grin:

8 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,074. I hope everybody has a good one!

18 Likes

I’m late by a couple days. Can you call someone before you pick-up? If you didn’t care you would not have reached out. I believe you do care @Catmama23. You won’t be letting anyone down but yourself. I hope you maintained your sobriety. Stay strong as you are able.:muscle:

Checking-in healthy and happy and clear minded with a heart full of soul

15 Likes

@SadMemeQueen I hope you feel better soon. :purple_heart:

@HappyDays Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

@ArtMama Whoo hoo :tada::raised_hands::tada:

@RosaCanDo Beautiful number! :bouquet::purple_heart::bouquet:

@Rebabeeba Brilliant! :purple_heart::tada::purple_heart:

@Venga030 Welome! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Day 1016

Tomorrow my son goes for his school camp. It is two days and one night, and the stuff he has to pack for it crazy. I wanted to do it together as he needs to do it himself, but with his ADHD I wanted to check he was getting the right stuff. Everytime he went to get something he got distracted and started doing something else. He can also be very concerned about breaking the rules, and for example, when the school requested cotton shirt and trousers had a total panic attack about taking just 70% cotton ones. He mostly wears polyester jogging bottoms, so had to search and search. Or they asked to bring a daily newspaper and we only have a weekly kids one so he had a meltdown about that too. I really got quite irritated and then felt terrible about spoiling his excitement.

15 Likes

Checking in sober thx to my sponsor and you friends Day 101. Missed reaching 100 days as stress piled up yesterday including forgetting drivers licence at insurance place got worse before better, did think of a drink once but pulled through an my Hun helped me think straight again :arrow_right:Thanks Hun and THX HP​:pray:
Ride the craves and Love Absolute will see us through :person_in_lotus_position::heart::pray:

18 Likes

Well done! And congrats on 100+1!

5 Likes

I know where you get that one from Owen :upside_down_face:. Big congrats on reaching triple digits again. Hugs and love friend.
8aacdccc-7012-4b53-b573-1da7c3023388

8 Likes

Thank you :heartpulse:, cause I was not certain where I was heading financially :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Sorry you are still struggling with sleeping :cry:.
But thanks for sharing this. It’s so easy to make the excuses and then feel bad about making them…which leads to guilt/shame…lack of motivation…more excuses. Another vicious cycle. Sometimes it’s best just to push through. I never regret workouts or walking even when I feel like I’m too tired or depressed. Just like I never miss waking up sober, even if cravings were hella bad the night before. It feels good to stay strong. :muscle:

6 Likes

Yes, we’re a colorful mix on here, I’m German as well :smiling_face:
Welcome to the family and to sobriety :wave:

5 Likes