Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Unbelievable the joy it brings to my heart!! Ive always been here, but now i am TRULY HERE AGAIN.
Wish i could bottle this feeling to help remind others. Priceless

10 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely grab some tomorrow, thanks I totally spaced I could get medicine for it

6 Likes

:heart: get lots of rest too
But hugs friend :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Always a pleasure to see you checking in my sober sister! I promise you daytime naps will come to you soon enough. Just keep on livingšŸ˜˜
Weā€™re almost at another anniversary my friend. Forever in your footsteps. With much gratitude. Love XXX

6 Likes

I hope itā€™s better tomorrow Megan. I had the same operation last year. For me the pain from the air they pump in was there for a day ore two, so I hope you feel better soon.
I hope the meds work for you so you can get some sleep.

7 Likes

#Day 1707 :walking_woman:
Woke up very early, but was to awake to sleep.
5.30 in the morningā€¦
Empty the dishwasher, give the cat her food, make coffee and the day has started.
Today? Work.

Have a good day all :raising_hand_woman:

28 Likes

Love that view :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Checking in day 20 sober :blush:

23 Likes

Hi Catmama :heart:

I just wanted to reach out to say to you that you arenā€™t alone. Iā€™m in the obese category too, and Iā€™m not feeling exactly great about it either. Alcohol got me in the shape Iā€™m in. When I drink I make bad dietary choices for myself, and Iā€™ve no motivation to move my bottom. BUT, Iā€™m not going to beat myself up over my weight. Iā€™m slowly but surely tackling it, but Iā€™m insulin resistant and itā€™s hard work.

However, I prioritise my addiction first. Itā€™s too hard to conquer all these problems at once, so Iā€™m focusing on ODAAT with my sobriety and keeping my mental health in check. if I need to talk about some bad feelings I check in with my other half, or I pop on here and talk to you guys.

You canā€™t do everything at once sweetheart. Focus on your addiction first, that has got to be your priority. In terms of diet and exercise, just make some healthier swaps regarding your food. If you can, get a 20-30 min walk in a few times a week. Walking and enjoying a little scenery does great things for your mental health, I know it gives me mental clarity. Mental clarity in turn helps a lot with managing addiction.

If you havenā€™t done it already, tip those minis down the drain. Do not have them available for the next time things get tough, it would be too easy to slip up. Iā€™m really glad you came to us (even if Iā€™m on the late side with my reply :see_no_evil:), but you can see that there are people here for you that really care. We want you to succeed, we want to take you by the hand and walk you through the really tough times.

I hope youā€™re feeling a little better today :heart:

14 Likes

Hey Megan x

Iā€™m glad youā€™re over the surgery my lovely :bouquet: I can relate from previous surgeries regarding shoulder pain and the nausea. As horrible as it is, the trapped air will sort itself out. The nausea will pass too, itā€™s likely from the anaesthetic. I took arnica to help with healing and post surgery bruising. Maybe you have heard of it before, it comes in pill form or a cream.

Thinking of you, and hoping you feel better soon :blush::heart:

6 Likes

Checking in sober :pray:t2:

14 Likes

Checking in day 11 sober. That morning feeling never gets old! Have a great day all

14 Likes

Itā€™s always great to come back and touch base with you all :heartpulse: I also just noticed you emtered your daily check in numbers wrongā€¦ 1154 instead of 1451 ? Canā€™t believe weā€™re almost at 4 years hey :scream::partying_face:

13 Likes

I suppose I better check in! Iā€™m 31 days, 32 this evening.

Every day is getting easier and easier, but Iā€™m still on my guard just in case. I donā€™t feel toxic in the mornings, which is wonderful, but Iā€™m always really tired. My husband has sleep apnea, and my youngest (4yrs) gets up any hour of the morning he feels like, and stays awake for a few hours. I see the bright side to most things now though. If I drank last night dealing with the exhaustion would have been so much harder.

Iā€™m so happy Iā€™ve made it this far. I protect my sobriety fiercely, and Iā€™m far more confident in staying sober than I was for the first week to ten days.

Onwards and upwards my lovelies :heart: I hope you all have a great, sober, happy day X :people_hugging:

16 Likes

Congrats on 5 months clean and sober. Youā€™re doing great. And Iā€™m glad youā€™re here. :v::green_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you, really pleased to be here. I missed you and others. Congratulations on the job and that is such a beautiful photo. We are finally getting Summer here too!

7 Likes

Thank you Joe
Appreciate your kind words.

6 Likes

Hey guys checking in 419 days.
Iā€™m still sober, still reading here. Currently reading a book called the body keeps score, trying to understand my brain a bit more.
I think Iā€™m going to have to get back on antidepressants which sucks. I thought Iā€™d gotten into a really good groove, I havenā€™t needed anti depressants in a few years, but this year Iā€™ve just slowly slid into this awful depression. And itā€™s hard, hard when you do all the good things like exercise, stay sober, get plenty of rest, eat well, and your brain is still so bloody out of whack. I think thatā€™s a big thing thatā€™s getting me lately and making me want to drink. Itā€™s like, fuck if I still feel this way whatā€™s the point in being sober.
So yeah, Iā€™m basically at that point where I canā€™t keep my shit together and the rosiness of sobriety has well and truely left the building and I need to ask for help and fight if I want to push through and get better and keep sober.
I think thatā€™s the bitch with depression, you need to do the things, reach out, seek the help, but your so depressed you can barely do anything.
Anyways, Iā€™m grateful for you all. Keep on keeping on :heartpulse: hereā€™s a picture of my dog, he definitely cheers me up.

17 Likes

I stand happily corrected! :kissing_heart::tada::fist:t3::piƱata:

18 Likes

@JazzyS thank you :blush: šŸ©µ keep doing what works for you, congrats on 5 months :tada:
@nastya_is_fighting sorry about your bad morning yesterday and the argument with your mother :people_hugging: sending strength šŸ©µ Iā€™m glad your employer agreed you could work from home.
@Rockstar24777 although itā€™s true that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better, before antidepressants start doing their thing, it might be worth checking in with your doctor for some reassurance. Keep reaching out, sending strength :people_hugging: šŸ©µ
@Markjackson yay for your walk :raised_hands:t2: good luck for your tests :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Bones_80 congrats on 6 months :tada: I hope your pain settles back down :crossed_fingers:t2::people_hugging:
@Markx congrats on 80 days :tada:
@Will3 congrats on 3 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2:
@Catmama23 I am so relieved that you made it through your intense craving :clap:t2::raised_hands:t2::people_hugging:šŸ©µ
@JennyH welcome back :blush: congrats on 8 days :tada:
@Cjp sorry about the coworkers :pensive::people_hugging:

1015 days no alcohol.
480 days no cocaine.
102 days no vape.
21 days no impulsive spending.

Checking in for Mondayā€¦I wrote my post at 3:30am but fell asleep before posting, just caught up with everyoneā€™s check-ins, so posting nowā€¦

Well, addiction definitely wanted to win yesterday. It has came at me from every angle. I havenā€™t mention it yet, but I either have new neighbours above me, or the ones that live there are renovating/redecorating. For the past few days there has been continous knocking/banging, even through the night every time Iā€™ve woken up. To me, it sounds like someone cutting up cocaine. Then, I saw 4 guys I hadnā€™t seen before, talking to people in a car, and as I walked past I heard ā€˜just got 35 kilosā€™. Anyway, I thought I was at my limit before yesterday, but then a new noise started, it sounded like an angle grinder, plus another sound like they were sawing through the ceiling! I was so angry and frustrated, I kept craving a vape so bad. My addict was trying all sorts to convince me, like ā€˜it doesnā€™t matter because you havenā€™t quit nicotine yet, youā€™re still on NRT so whatā€™s the differenceā€™ ā€˜just one, to take the edge offā€™ ā€˜today would be a good day to relapse because youā€™re speaking to the cessation nurse tomorrow and sheā€™d blame the reduction in your patch strength and put you back on the higher strength onesā€™, "itā€™s only a vape FFSā€™, and so on.

I did all my usual routine. It was really dull and cloudy so I felt depressed after such a beautiful day the day before. I resisted going in the shop though. I sat outside on the bench near the block I live in, a few times, but could still hear all the noises over my music. Iā€™ve noticed a few different vehicles outside at various times too. And these addict voice thoughts were relentless. I even looked online and saw that I coukd get vapes delivered from the local grocery stores. Stopped myself from looking though.

As for bingeing, the battle continues. When I went for my PM walk, I even took my bank card and a carrier bag with me, so that I coukd go to the shop after my walk, before coming home, but when it got to the turning, I went home instead. I was proud of that, but then, when it got to 9:30pm, I panicked and went to the shop at 9:45pm (they close st 10pm), and bought crisps (chips) and mango. No sugary stuff though.

Before I went to the shop, I honestly felt so much rage. I tried to come here to reach out but my eyes were too blurry, very sore, and vert watery, which made them even more sore, so instead, I did 5 back to back meditations, and felt so much better! Iā€™ve always known meditation works for me, but I didnā€™t think it was going to calm me right down like it did yesterday.

By the time Iā€™d watched an episode of Sweet Tooth, at 10pm, it had been 3hrs since Iā€™d taken my meds already, plus I was exhausted from the battle with addiction all day, so I layed down and closed my eyes to see if I could sleep, next thing, my cats woke me up at 3am for their breakfast, but now Iā€™m wide awake so wanted to do my check-in before attempting to go back to sleep.

šŸ©µ

18 Likes