Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

You DO belong here if you want recovery! If TS helps you, please stay. I don’t believe there is a single person here who doesn’t accept you. You’re a sister to me, Queen. :people_hugging::crown:

6 Likes

Day 89,

Feeling ok today. Did some journaling earlier, looking for spaces to rehearse for my upcoming shows, about to the gym in a bit. I’ve started drinking mate instead of alcohol when I’m out with friends and I need to find another substitute because the caffeine gives me terrible sleep and vivid dreams. I’m glad I have access to my dreams again though. I feel like whenever I’m doing something that I’m not in alignment with I’ll get a nightmare about it. Strange visitations at night to set me right

12 Likes

No :heart: left until I’ll already be at work… So i wanted to give you this one now :heart::heart::heart:
Thank you so much! You’re so sweet :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Did it, went out on a Date with the river.

When I started becoming sober again I was afraid of doing things like this. I mean go down and sit right in front of the water. Anxiety was strong and I felt miserable.
Now I’m here, enjoying life.
So grateful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Checking in day 267! Still going strong and feeling good overall. Still stressed with work, but that’s manageable. Been doing lots of things recently that used to focus around alcohol- mostly baseball games and concerts- and loving them sober. Going to a Memorial Day party today- everyone knows I’m sober which is great for accountability, have my NA beverages of choice, and im on call for work, so I should be good to go- but checking in always gives me another layer of accountability and affirmation.

Hope everyone is staying strong and enjoying the weekend- have a magnificent sober Monday :sparkles:

13 Likes

I can’t believe I totally missed my 3 year sober anniversary :woman_facepalming:

IMB_EVTTxx

26 Likes

That’s good to know. This feels like a true support group. Thank you.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

I got a full time job on day 18 sober
I got my job

Letsss goooo

17 Likes

congrats – so much to be grateful for!

9rYk

4 Likes

Can someone tell me how to use Check In Daily? Or how to find the most recent thread? Thx!

3 Likes

Me too. :people_hugging:
Let’s do this! :muscle:

5 Likes

@Noshame everything crossed for you for tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@KrissyMae congrats on 70 days :tada:
@JessicaAnn93 welcome :blush: congrats on 4 days :tada:
@Deelzebub I love your painted pebble! :star_struck:
@Kelwooo congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@Marc3 congrats on 3 weeks and the sober bbq :tada::tada:
@SimonSick proud of your for taking your self out of that situation :star2:
@tailee17 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@Catmama23 congrats on 30 days :tada:
@SadMemeQueen the aftermath of anaesthetic can cause depressive thoughts and suicidal ideation, I hope it gets less heavy for you ASAP, sending strength :people_hugging: 🩵

7 Likes

@Bomdhil welcome back :blush:
@Butterflymoonwoman sending strength, you’ve come so far :people_hugging: I hope your Monday is brighter, and I hope your son is okay 🩵
@Its_me_Stella congrats on all of your months of freedom :tada: sending strength 🩵
@Alice13 happy sober birthday :birthday: :balloon::gift::partying_face:
@Hesmyportion welcome back :blush::people_hugging:
@Girlinterrupted congrats on 3 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2:
@Eliza1 you found it, you’re here on the most recent thread, welcome :blush:

1022 days no alcohol.
487 days no cocaine.
2 days no vape.

I fell asleep at around 10:30pm Saturday night, and woke up wide awake at 1am, I didn’t get back to sleep. Up until my appointment at 10:20am, time seemed to be dragging, I even went for my pond walk at 5am Sunday morning, it was cool and peaceful and I saw the sun rising. :heart_eyes: I also spent a couple of hours listening to an audiobook, which is something I’m rarely able to make myself do. Eventually, it was time for my appointment. Got my glasses, also got a hair cut by the fastest barber ever! Was in and out within 5mins! Spent the rest of yesterday reading on here. But then I binged very badly late last night and throughout the night because I bought so much. So sick of myself. I’ve just sent the eating disorder service a follow-up email for my self-referral that I did last Tuesday, so now I need to continue to wait to hear something. I’m not sure of their waiting times.

Today, I had a strange night, bcuz I woke up frequently and kept eating more, and then falling asleep on the toilet again, woke up a few times due to nearly falling off! I am sure I fed the cats at 3am, and the evidence in the bins suggested the same, but they kept on shouting at me and demanding a second breakfast, so I gave in at 12:30pm and fed then again.

I’ve done my morning routine and pond walk so far, I am hoping to get back out for my lake walk too. Just wanted to catch up here first.

I hope you all had wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

14 Likes

Well I broke my sober streak yesterday and sadly in front of my son who is sober and his friends at a BBQ we had. Totally guilt ridden today and sad. Here goes Day 1 again. :kissing_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Thank you for the motivation and hope you gave me

I needed that

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 years Slim :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You. Are. Amazing.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes

Thanks friend

I couldn’t do it without everyone in this community

Tomorrow is going to go great I know it

6 Likes

1 month and 3 days. I’m at 1 month, 3 days.

I haven’t been here in more than a year. It feels different this time, probably because of the work I’m doing with my SA group and my sponsor.

One day at a time :innocent:

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #54 (Part 26).