Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Thank you for sharing this with me :pray: It is a shame your wife wonā€™t join you. I know sheā€™s entitled to her choice, but sometimes these choices effect other people. Even if drinkers donā€™t become rowdy or a nuisance in some way, there are other ways it effects others. Do you worry for you wifeā€™s health?

My husband has high blood pressure and is on medication for it. Heā€™s only turned 41, but heā€™s been on medication since his mid thirties. He has sleep apnea and a little overweight. I know alcohol is a big aggravating factor.

Consistent alcohol abuse shaves years off peopleā€™s lives. I donā€™t want anything to happen to my husband, and Iā€™m sure you feel that way about your wife too.

Its great youā€™ve embraced your sober life Eric, Iā€™m really happy for you :pray::heart:

9 Likes

Day 1,053 clean and sober. So I am weighing all of the pros and cons but it looks like moving into my Jeep and stealth camping is the only way Iā€™m going to be able to achieve my goals. Yes itā€™s going to suck and be extremely uncomfortable for awhile but I want to have a beautiful life and itā€™s the only I can see to be able to save enough money to move to Washington the right way. I canā€™t stand it here anymore and all of my money is going to rent, utilities, gas and a little bit of food. Itā€™s absolutely fucking depressing. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

21 Likes

Day 212

I just had a good cry in the bathroom. As some of you may know, I suffer not only from Hashimotos but from Psoriasis too. Itā€™s on my feet and scalp.
It got worse after I had too much sugar for some weeks. Whatever I put on it, it didnā€™t help.
So I tried something, I started to take vitamin d3, k2 and magnesium regularly again. I took a higher dosage of vitamin d3 as I use to.
This morning I saw that the skin on my feet is healing and it seems that no new spots come up.
Iā€™m sure that the reduction of stress plays a role too.

For now Iā€™m just happy and munch some of the pancakes from yesterday.

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart: :muscle:

22 Likes

All the luck for your coming approach!

3 Likes

@Deelzebub A big old high five for one year freedom from alcohol. Just amazing.

@Cjp Holy crap, where did the year go? Celebrating in one of the most breathtaking sites in the US sounds like a great way to celebrate. Think about it, if you had continued drinking, would you have made it to the Grand Canyon? I know I wouldnā€™t have. I was in a self-made prison for the last two years of my drinking (pandemic helped the isolation). I traveled more my first two years of sobriety for pleasure (not business) than I had in the prior five years while drinking. The traveling was so much more enjoyable sober.

9 Likes

All the time :grimacing:
Iā€™m learning thereā€™s not much I can do about it though. Weā€™ve got a lot off addiction in our immediate family and all of her family. It can be hard. Most of my story is over here. Are you affected by a loved one whoā€™s an addict?
I donā€™t want to repeat myself. Itā€™s not a personal thread. Itā€™s for anyone.

Itā€™s great to have fresh sober eyes around here to help me continue my sober journey.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

10 Likes

9 months :tada:

24 Likes

Checking in familyā€¦I love to hear your milestones. I had a rough weekend feeling ill on days 10 through 12 I donā€™t know if it was part of detoxing or a bug but it sucked bc when I felt sick my go too med was always alcohol. To top it off I forgot my charger and had no phone for 24 hours and the only thing I missed was reaching out on here with you guys. The spouse topic is hard. Iā€™ve been with my spouse 20 years got my first DWI and first visit to AAā€¦3 months after meeting her. This should have been a red flag for her but for the first 6 months after that as we started dating I was sober and thatā€™s who she fell for. I havenā€™t been six months sober since and a month sober maybe a couple times. I think she still believes that I will one day stay sober but she stopped trying.she doesnā€™t care if I drink or donā€™tā€¦at most she tells me to behave which you guys know thatā€™s impossible. When she does talk about it sheā€™ll break down and just says that she doesnā€™t want to find me dead because I was diagnosed with cirrhosis 4 years ago. I include her and am honest with her about things like this app bc I hope somewhere deep down inside it gives her hope and inturn that gives me hope. It reminds me like you-all do that it is possible. For now Iā€™m gonna make it one more day and enjoy recovery.with you guys.

12 Likes

Thank you friend! Ur absolutely right. All of our senses can play a roll in us being triggered. Thank you for your support :slight_smile: i do feel better after a good rest. Hope ur doing well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Checking inā€¦85 days todayā€¦ ill be hitting my 90 day milestone this week which is super exciting and motivating!!! Just wanted to say thank you for all the support and kind words ive recieved from this family of survivors!!! Have a great day every oneā€¦ we got this ODAAT!!!

18 Likes

Checking in on day 83 sober. Iā€™m feeling run down and tired lately. I know it has to be the stress of knowing that the business is closing down end of June. I know everything will be ok but I must me sweating it subconsciously. Thatā€™s all I can figure.

Other than that everything is great!

15 Likes

Follow me!
Big hug :hugs:

12 Likes

Enjoy your trip! Cant wait to see pics if u post them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have a great time. Canā€™t wait to see your pics. Never done Spain :es:

4 Likes

I figured youā€™d be worried too. We canā€™t help it. I am just finding it hard to accept, and itsl sounds like you have been too :heart:

I had a chat with my husband earlier about it, and voiced my concerns again. He accepts that drinking causes a lot of health problems for him. There was no real declaration that things would change though. He doesnā€™t seem to be in a place where he wants to give up alcohol. Maybe, like I was, he is having trouble saying it at the start in case he cracks and ends up drinking. Stress is a trigger for him too. About a week ago he was stressed out and said he might get some wine. I told him it was okay if thatā€™s what he wants to do, but I wouldnā€™t be joining him. He didnā€™t buy any in the end, and said he was happy he didnā€™t the next day. If I could just get him on a sober streak, he might see things more clearly.

Anyway, thanks again for the support Eric, Iā€™m very grateful. Iā€™m going to read your thread now :slightly_smiling_face::people_hugging:

10 Likes

:+1::partying_face:

I wanted to wait to post, since midnight last night makes a solid 30 days in my mind (and I go to bed early these daysā€¦getting old :rofl::sob:).

Had some lovely relapse dreamsā€¦itā€™s the addict part of me throwing a tantrum :roll_eyes:. But Iā€™m proud of myself today, and I couldnā€™t have made it without all you lovely people here on TS. I am very grateful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

Onward and upward. ODAAT!

18 Likes

Oh so exciting. What a great day!
Congratulations Gen. A whole fucken month sober. :scream::boom:
You Go Gurl!!
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

6 Likes

Iā€™m so happy I found this group, I think itā€™s going to be a mainstay for me.

Iā€™m on day 15 and two weekends down. This past weekend was actually fantastic, though it didnā€™t go as planned. I didnā€™t end up meeting up with the sober hiking group I intended to on Friday evening as only the husband and wife who started the group were attending and I just thought that would be way too weird. I ended up going to the gym with my 13 yo and we had a really good kettle bell workout.

I also didnā€™t make my breakfast group on Saturday as upon further research, the post was old and the group no longer meets in person and does online only which doesnā€™t really do much for me. I looked on our local AA website and found another meeting at 9AM so decided I would check that outā€¦the website lists 35 different meetings at the location, but when I got there it no longer exists and the suite that was used is now a Jazzersize studio so Iā€™m not really sure what local AA is doing here. It seems like about 90% of meetings are now online which doesnā€™t give me any opportunity to actually meet people IRL.

A bit disappointed I decided Iā€™d just run my errands that I had planned for later in the dayā€¦got the grocery shopping and Costco run out of the way and home just in time to unload everything and head to my kidsā€™ soccer game. Nice lunch afterwards with the family and then took my youngest to the pet store to look for some things for his hamster.

Saturday evening my youngest had a friend over for a sleepover so my wife and myself and oldest ordered pizza and decided to sit down and watch Top Gun Maverick (so cheesy, but good nostalgia). I woke up Sunday morning and decided to make a big breakfast for everyone to eat on the patio poolsideā€¦banana pancakes, sausage links, ham, cantaloupe, and watermelonā€¦put on some calypso and we really enjoyed the morning and ran it through the rest of the day.

We had an evening cookout, but it wasnā€™t as triggering as I thought it would be. I think making my mocktails for the occasion was helpfulā€¦having my shaker out and mixing awesome poolside NA cocktails was very cathartic. At one point I was making my fourth mocktail and I told myself I needed to slow down because it was Sundayā€¦and then was like, ā€œoh yeahā€¦no alcohol in these, Iā€™m goodā€.

Anyway, great weekend and Iā€™m feeling great right now with two weeks behind me.

Thanks all,
Wolf

14 Likes

Thank you so much, @Dazercat, you alone have helped me (and so many others) so much. Youā€™re awesome, Dude! :pray::grin:

7 Likes

Thank you @Planipennia I really appreciate that :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes