Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

@Mno congrats on the permanent contract :clap:t2: :tada:
@Alycia there really is no shame in needing medication for your mental health, sending strength :people_hugging: 🩵

6 Likes

How are you all today? I’m checking in on day 16. Just did 5k on the treadmill at the gym - feeling good :grin:

17 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,073. I hope everybody has a good one!

20 Likes

Good morning, afternoon, evening for some. Checking in traveling through month 2 of this journey. Stay strong and sober family.

12 Likes

Day 234, nice number hm? :star_struck:

I’m already on my way home, period got worse since yesterday. Meh. Who invented that!? I need to talk to the manager!

I’ll get something yummie to eat and relax, treat me well. Also I have to bake another oat bread :smiling_face: This bread really helps me to stop the craving for unhealthy foods, that’s awesome. I sometimes eat it with something sweet too but that’s way less sugar than I would consume without that bread.

Besides that there’s nothing interesting to write about, hmm maybe the man I met. But that just happened some days ago so: stay calm. He’s not my type from the outside but from the inside. Still, I’ll stay cautious. My intuition didn’t work well in the past with men.

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

26 Likes

Day 9, after a bad day mentally i awoke craving, but i beat it, went out for a walk, finished a book snd journalling, my brother seeing me end of the week at home for tea and dinner so something to look forward to, psychiatrist appointment soon for meds and that, feel happy another day without, @Rockstar24777 how you doing today? @CATMANCAM well done for getting through a tough day!

19 Likes

I can barely believe it!

28 Likes

Congratulations on ur 20 days of freedom!!

6 Likes

Congratulations on 3 months!! Way to go!

5 Likes

Congrats @ArtMama

4 Likes

That’s actually very delightful to hear about everyone coming out to say hello and chat
I hope a job comes through for me
I’m ready for work
I’d start today if I could just so I could fall asleep tonight feeling content and hopeful

7 Likes

Checking in day 12

In good spirits

Stay strong everyone

20 Likes

@Mno Congrats on the contact work. :blush:
@Becsta doing awesome! I do hope you figure out a way to nap during the day – don’t want you to burn out at this pace. I never could nap and still not the best at it but I do try and force myself to laydown and close my eyes – at least the body gets some rest (if I fall asleep then bonus)
@Lea08 so glad that you are reconnected as well. So happy to hear the positivity in your life from being sober. I am thrilled that you are getting this time to spend and enjoy with your kids and make some amazing memories
@HappyDays Congrats on your 20 days!!!
@Alycia I hear you that it totally sucks when you are doing everything right and you still don’t feel “right”. Don’t look at going back on the anti-depressants as a bad thing – its just an aid at this moment to get you through. You have been off of them for 2 years and will be again soon. I can understand wanting to drink cause why not – nothing seems to be working — this is so wrong (you may not see all the changes but you are healing in your 419 days of sobriety) Keep checking in, and I do hope the meds help you get out of your funk. We are here for you.
@CATMANCAM Thank you! My goodness my friend – that addict demon is really digging in deep. Its awful that you are dealing with all that noise when you are trying to find peace. I do know that my brothers next door neighbors live on the stairs (constantly running up and down) It doesn’t seem to bother anyone but me – go figure. I couldn’t even imagine being around the noise you are describing. Good on you for talking yourself out of the urges. It really is a matter of consciously talking to ourselves and sometimes making deals with ourselves. You are doing great with the bingeing too. Can’t go from 0 to 60 too quickly so baby steps my friend – you are really putting in the work and it shows.
@Sabrina80 Love the number! You are cracking me up and I know you are feeling like shit – hope it gets better very soon. Let me know if you get a hold of the manager. Enjoy the bread – your body needs it. Hmmm? A man huh? Be cautious but don’t be closed off – its always the inside that counts most. Have a fabulous day.
@ArtMama Well done on the 90 days!!!
@Noshame It was a nice feeling knowing that I did have a community in my old neighborhood (lived in there for 18ish years) I am hoping that something does come along for you too – I see all the effort you are putting in – keeping fingers crossed that something pans out.

Checking in on Tuesday morning
I am frustrated today – started off well – woke up at 5:30, got my first saliva vial completed. Tidied up and got my coffee ready. Stopped by my parents on my way for morning walk. Got into a fight with mom (turned the morning to shit). Luckily didn’t have money on me so couldn’t buy cigs to calm down. Did go for my walk but then ½ way realized I had a delivery to make that I’d apparently forgotten about – rushed home to get that done. Late on eating breakfast which I need to eat in time to give myself 2 hours of no eating / drinking before filling next vial. Have 4 total today so it’s gonna be fun – I’m on my way to get some baking done and hopefully the mediations I’ve been doing all day will help raise my mood. Already feeling more at peace. Have a blessed sober day everyone. :people_hugging: :heart:

23 Likes

Day 129

Today I’ve been having a relatively lazy one but… yeah. It is what it is. I’m really struggling to function and the heat isn’t helping. And my AirBnB host didn’t leave the air-con remote. I understand him wanting to save money. I completely understand how energy prices have gone through the roof. But FFS, I’m not his cousin Carol he’s allowing to stay in the apartment as a favour. Surely the cost of renting should include the use of amenities???

Rant over.

26 Likes

Checking in…day 107. ODAAT!!! All is well, i can not complain today

22 Likes

You should file a complaint… thats not acceptable

5 Likes

Checking in. Day 227

22 Likes

Checking in. Shitday, shitanxiety, shitbody, shitmind, shittougths. Staying sober, thats the only easy part atm.

21 Likes

I’ll probably just leave it. I’m too tired to waste energy on arguing.

7 Likes

I agree with @Billy85
Especially if the page lists air conditioning under amenities. That’s total crap.

4 Likes