Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

You keep going i have every faith in you!

5 Likes

Oh no no you donā€™t! I learned that letting out how I feel helps to take some of the negative power off of me.
I hope you know what I mean?

6 Likes

Hit my 2 weeks around 10 hours ago, feeling really good! Lots of anxiety being off work at the mo because of my mental health and thinking about my future, my job etcā€¦ really been wanting to make a change for a few years, isnt the same place when i joined, but being optimistic

16 Likes

Day 239

The insecurity I felt so strong yesterday passes, it gets better. I had some very good interactions yesterday that helped me massive :smiling_face:

Currently I am back to the more mystic stuff, astrology, numerology and tarot and itā€™s pretty intense. Donā€™t know where that came from all of a sudden.

The weather here is a dream you guys, not too cold and not too hot, perfect. Iā€™ll try to do something on my balcony today and my apartment needs a good clean. I hope my back tolerates it :sweat_smile:

Now some coffee and then: action!

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :muscle::kissing_heart:

19 Likes

Hey everyone ā€¦ so happy to be checking in 21 days sober! Yesterday we had a great barbecue in the backyard, and not only did I stay sober, but I enjoyed it, and instead of interrogate me my friend and partner were really supportive. No alcohol, no cigarettes,no cocaineā€¦ i know this is the start, and the work still needs to be done, but today is a really good day for me, and Iā€™m filled with gratitude for all the wonderful people on this community that have shown me the way. Big love to everyone!

19 Likes

Hi :wave:

The days will stack up again, itā€™s great your here with us because we get it, we understand and your not alone :people_hugging:
So much support here, in glad you found us :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes

Luv u lady! Ur doing absolutely amazing at this recovery thing :slight_smile: So glad that being clean and sober has become more normal for u.

5 Likes

Congratulations on 3 weeks!!! Really happy to hear that u have good support around u and that the BBQ went well :slight_smile: Recovery is soo good!

4 Likes

Congratulations kelly on 2 weeks!!! Way to go!!! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Congrats on 18 days. You are very wise taking your own beverages to a gathering. I am celebrating 2 weeks today.

7 Likes

Great and positive post. I even read it out loud to my hubby. I really havenā€™t introduced him to website yet . Just try telling him a few positive things each day. Want to show talkingsober.com is a valuable tool for sobriety and not a waster of time.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that you relapsed after 4 years. Do you know what caused this relapse ā€“ best to address it now and figure out how to deal with it so to avoid it in the future. Great job on jumping back into sobriety ā€“ 4 days clean is huge.
You have gained so much from your 4 years of sobriety - the tools and the new routines will help you now and hopefully allow for a smoother journey. I am so happy that you joined this community and are on this thread - The daily thread does wonders and has been a life savor ā€“ I hope to see you around more.
Are you seeing a therapist or do you have a sponsor to talk to about your mental struggles? Do not face these alone as the addict brain is very strong and can be very manipulative.
Sending you strength. :muscle: :heart: :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Congratulations on 4 days clean! Addiction is sure cunning, baffling, and powerful and im sorry that you relapsed. At one point in my recovery journey i had 3 years clean and went back out for a looooong time. It feels like all the progress is lost but i promise u it isnt. U havent lost everything uv learned over those 4 years of recovery. This was just a bump in the road. Try to take it as a learning experienceā€¦ to discover what went wrong and what you can do next time to prevent this from happening again. Wishing u some peace today :sparkles:

5 Likes

Checking in
Day 469
Woke up to get ready for work and discovered that my son is sick :tired_face: Massive runny nose and a slight fever. Hope we will be able to manage this at home and not have a hospital visit. Hubby is home with our son so i was able to still go to work.

Work has been okay. A normal day. Wishing i was home tho to care for my son. Im going to pick him up a toy or something from the $ store on the way home to cheer him up. He can never have too many Hot Wheels (according to him lol).

Cant wait for Monday when i can get back to my usual morning routine and exercise. The weekends are hard for me in a few ways. Just with my health and not being able to exercise due to my very sedentary job. Im stuck in the office alot bcuz my client doesnt like having staff around him very often. So theres not much chance for movement. So i always look forward to Mondays.

Other than that, im doing alright. Grateful to be clean and have the opportunities that i have today bcuz of my recovery. Hope everyone has a fabulous day
:butterfly:

17 Likes

@CATMANCAM Thanks ā€“ dealing with the symptons at a odaat basis. Yeah to getting your patches and getting your new glasses. :sunglasses:
@Scorpn I love hearing that being sober has become a part of your life and takes less effort these days ā€“ So inspiring! :muscle:
@XXIX the healing process takes long and the guilt and anxiety creep up to make us doubt ourselves and our choices. You are being honest about how you feel (which is hopefully helping you heal) and I am not finding you to be negative. Be well my friend. :hugs:
@SoberWalker I like the ā€œwinewitchā€ yeah the thoughts that I could be chilling with a cold beer or take a nice hot bath with a glass of wine (even know my mind saying bottle not glass) keep creeping into my head ā€“ well I know I can still do the things and do them with other drinks that will not affect me during or afterwards. Thank you ā€“ I donā€™t think we can get enough reminders to enforce these ideas.
@Mno congrats on what will be another of many breakthroughs on your journey. I am pleased to hear that you were able to have a chitchat out of the blue with a stranger. That is huge. Also ā€“ great on you for acknowledging the urge and moving on from it. I think you may be right ā€“ the warmer weather and more outdoor activity could be bringing on the urges. Have to be more mindful of them now.
@PinkyP Donā€™t be disheartened ā€“ 19k is a great start and now you can sign up for the same challenge in June ā€” Every step is a step to a healthier you.
@Sabrina80 so so happy to see your post today and hear you are doing better!
@Marc this is a huge start my friend ā€“ way to go! 3 weeks and getting through a barbecue weekend. So excited for you!
@SimonSick man that sounds like a dreadful party while trying to start your sobriety journey. So glad that you enjoyed what you did and were able to leave when it became too much. Itā€™s unfortunate but I now know that I have to bring my own na drinks to a party (not comparing the two but Iā€™ve always had to bring food / snacks so that I would have something to eat at social events and now I just have to add on the beverages :blush: ) Hey huge congrats on the 18 days
@Butterflymoonwoman Iā€™m sorry your son is sick - I do hope its nothing serious and can be healed at homeā€¦ sending healing vibes my friend.

Checking in Sunday afternoon (was about to say morning but its 12:06 - Yikes)
I did not sleep well at all last night so tried to stay in bed longer with my eyes closed but that did not work. Have new pains that are causing it difficult to focus and breathe. It will take a minute to get used to and understand how to navigate with them but for the moment I am exhausted and trying to do whatever i can without movement to keep me distracted. :rofl: More comedy on the agendaā€¦ :joy:
Itā€™s beautiful and sunny outside but too hot for me to be outdoors so Iā€™m enjoying from my cozy indoors. I am surrendering to the HP and I know that today will turn out better than it startedā€¦ Have a wonderful sober Sunday my friendsā€¦ sending much love :heart:

18 Likes

Day 195.

Over in my hometown Liverpool this afternoon. An old friend is home from Australia.

Went to the pub to see Everton escape relegation. Iā€™m red. Heā€™s blue. But so many of my friends and family support the Toffees Iā€™d have to be terribly bitter not to have supported them today. Life is far too short for all that bitterness nonsense.

Drinking didnā€™t cross my mind. Itā€™ll be another sober day. My only gripe is the lack of choice of non alcoholic beer in boozers. Iā€™m very fond of Erdinger Alkoholfrei, but I rarely see that in the pub. They give you a free cold can at the end of the Manchester Marathon and Iā€™ve rather fallen for it. Oh my, me and my middle class problemsā€¦:joy:

15 Likes

Congratulations to Everton, was pleased they stayed up. Didnā€™t enjoy watching Spurs ensure Leeds went down although it was a brilliant send off for Moura. I will miss him.

Really pleased that the whole experience didnā€™t trigger cravings for you, that is really impressive.

5 Likes

Checking in sober but feeling in danger of drinking. Iā€™ve been in severe pain. Iā€™m depressed. When Iā€™m depressed I feel worthless and give up on myself. Whatā€™s the point? Everything is already shit. I want an escape. Iā€™m home by myself with no real plans for the weekend.

12 Likes

Oh deer. Sorry about Leeds. I would have been gutted for my mate if Everton had gone. I think I had 5 zero beers. Driving home with a clear head felt goodā€¦as did Willowā€™s enthusiastic welcome home (my dog). A walk in the park to end the day felt perfect. I bloody love England on a bright, spring evening. :grinning:

4 Likes