Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

Yes, they do, it’s totally ingrained into society. It can be hard to buck the trend but you’re doing great :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Hi,
Great that you’re thinking about going back to your previous job, that’s a huge step forward. You’re really focused and are doing so well with sticking to your routines, walks and meditations. And also by pushing yourself to do things out of your comfort zone, it all helps you get to where you want to be. Proud to see you doing so well :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Day 5

Its been a while since i posted here. Its been a weird few months. People dont know i started drinking again still.

I last drank Saturday. It was an entire day. Sunday I actively made the decision to not get more so thats my day 1.

I cleaned yesterday and forced myself to do the laundry. 15 minutes today would make a massive difference in my room, i am sure of it.

I need to make a phone call. I need to deal with some shit. Ugh.

16 Likes

@Mira_D Bit late to reply, but I made a daily schedule, starting with sobriety activities in the morning (doesn’t have to be AA, a podcast, a chapter from a quit lit book), and the things I needed to do, and what I would watch during rest time, etc.
I kept my mouth and hands busy at all times. If I felt the urge I ate a mint, or sniffed a relaxing essential oil blend. I treated myself monthly with the money I would have spent on alcohol.

@PrisVanAdis Well done! :clap:

@MrsOdh Welcome back :purple_heart: I’m sorry to hear of the slide back into drinking, but glad to have decided enough is enough.

@BrokenWolf Whoo, some action shots there.

@JennyH Mine are 10 and 14. I can relate. :sob:

@Minatasha Sending strength :purple_heart: Can you ‘adult’ little by little?

6 Likes

Checking in sober. Wanted to buy alcohol but got ice cream instead. The depression is still very heavy. OFDAAT

18 Likes

I hear ya Sophia.
I been struggling a lot with my wife and her drinking problems. It’s amazing how many people are affected by another’s drinking or drugging or whatever DOC.

In between work, kids, family, life, keeping sober and checking in here if you got any free time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I started a thread over here if you ever want to check it out. I cannot remember if you were here when I started it.

Join in if you’re willing.
Glad you here.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Welcome back Minatasha.
Great to see you.
Congrats on day 5.
Glad you’re back too.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Dana…a simple truth. I hope you are having a better day today.

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 515
I love everyone here! I really do! Im grateful for the support of others. Wether its showing guidance or giving suggestions or just relating, it helps so much knowing that Im not alone. Today i felt alone in my head and i just starting reading everyones comments and i instantly felt connected and loved.
I did have some using thoughts again today but pushed thru them. When hubby came home i just asked for a loooong hug bcuz i needed it. He doesnt know ive been having these thoughts and idk if its even worth mentioning it since this is something i have to work thru. But once my boy is in bed i will have a nice long hot shower and maybe have a healthy snack before bed. Get a good rest.
I finished my cake today too. So thats a huge relief that its done. Pickup is tomorrow. Going to spend time cleaning up the apartment tmrw, do my prayer and possibly a meditation. And lots of self care :slight_smile: huge hugs to everyone on here!!! Thank you all for being on this journey with me :purple_heart:

22 Likes

Just checking in today to maintain focus.

I promise myself to give my best to make the best of today!

I can feel and appreciate my progress, but I feel like I can do better… I feel like I’m missing clear goals, which is hindering my initiative. What does that mean for today? Cooking something I’ve wanted to cook for a while; jogging and working out; contacting several people for different things; and securing the next uni term in psychology.

Why am I still studying psychology when my gut instinct tells me I should join the police? Why am I still living where I am when my gut instinct is telling me I want to move elsewhere? Because gut instincts are confusing and not always right. For example, I’m single, and never been in a relationship. PTSD held me back from this basic and wonderful experience when I was younger, in a time when I was focussed on how to cope with the psychological scarring domestic abuse was causing me. Times have changed though and I’ve come a long way… And coming back to the gut instinct thing: I know I’m ready and want to be in a relationship meanwhile, and there are several lovely girls who like me and I could pursue something with, but I’m fixated on this one girl out of ‘gut instinct’, who hasn’t shown as much interest, at least that’s how I’m perceiving it, I might be wrong as she’s the more introverted type :sweat_smile: But ‘knowing’ and ‘wanting’ are so blurred… And it’s dismissing all these options while I’m wondering why I’m still alone… My gut instinct is to stay here and give it a chance, clearly contradicting my urge to move on…

Anyways, welcome to my thoughts if you read this far, rather superficial when compared to when I was still a hopeless addict. At least I’m a hopeful one now :grin: I’m 25 now, and what’s different is that up until maybe 1-2 years ago, my life was overwhelmingly negative with a few sparks of postivity keeping me afloat. Whereas now I genuinely feel mostly positive with only occasional negative hickups… And I’m conscious as ever, hence why I’m here, saw a psychologist, started studying psychology, meditate, socialize, date and debate my toxic thoughts with persistent mindfulness, whether on notes or in my mind… What’s an addicted, subconscious life worth?

Sending you love and strength if you need it whoever you are my friend :muscle::heart: Life is a journey, which we will soon enough find was the destination all along… Hope you have a nice day or night :v:

16 Likes

Checking in. Day 279

16 Likes

Day 12

Went to an AA meeting. Met a nice woman (around my age) who stayed to talk to me and give me the heads up on other AA meetings. We also talked about the whole God thing, and we’re in the same boat with our belief systems being based more around The Universe or whatever you want to call it. :joy:

I actually got a good night’s sleep. It was a gorgeous day here from the minute I stepped out the door this morning to let the dogs out. I ate a bunch of healthy food. Probably too much, but I went for a walk to negate a little bit of that.

I’m doing a 16 hour fast, so I’ll eat my first meal tomorrow at 12:30. I’m not great at fasting, but I know the benefits, and I want to do more of it.

All right, one more episode and then time to get ready for bed. :blush:

18 Likes

Day 20 :slight_smile:

Awful rain here in Cornwall. I’m at a works meeting all morning then back at home this pm. I mentioned to my partner i was finding it a bit tricky that everyone was drinking every night and she said ‘couldn’t i have just one glass ?’

I said probably not a good idea :joy:

15 Likes

Day 95 checking in sober last day of work then off the weekend hope everyone is well :pray:t2:

15 Likes

#Day 1759 :walking_woman:
Our holiday is almost over. 1 week staying nearby Winterberg, Germany. Did many hikes.
My mood is good but I had cravings because I associate holiday with drinking like I used to do. Part of a holiday was buying alcohol I’ve never drank before so we could “taste and test” it. When I walk trough the German supermarket I remember those holidays. It was fun untill it wasn’t.
I also remember the hangovers, the blackouts, the sex with my hubby I couldn’t remember afterwards :flushed:
The shame and guilt in the morning…

So another sober holiday for the books :facepunch: Better!

Tomorrow we are going home again.
Looking forward to my own bed :blush:
:raising_hand_woman:

20 Likes

Have as good a day as you can my friends. Sober and clean. Love.

My three day weekend is here -there is group therapy to attend today though. Still working my sobriety. ODAAT and all that. Tonight I’ll meet and eat with a group of high school buddies, some of whom I haven’t seen for 40 years. I’m actually looking forward to that, while in the past I only wanted to forget about that time, to forget about failing to complete that particular school, to forget me starting to smoke weed and hash there all day, every day, to forget about the miserable time at home.

I don’t want to forget my past any longer. It’s all part of me and what I am, the good, the bad and the ugly. Accepting and incorporating that knowledge into my life is slow, tedious and at times hard work but I’m getting there. Progress. My journey. It’s work but it’s a work of love.

I got the panoramic school photo from March 1982 somewhere rolled up here. I found this picture of the taking of the picture just now on the web. See me? X

@Minatasha Good to see you back here friend, as well as back on the sober :steam_locomotive: Let’s do this!

15 Likes

Thank you :blush: It’s definitely enough now, and I’m staying here this time.

5 Likes

I’m going to check that Thread out with today’s morning coffee. :smiling_face: The kids are on summer holiday, and I’m off work until August 14. Usually we only have 4 or 5 weeks but since I’m starting a new job I’ve got almost 6 weeks this year. And I’m already granted to stay at home with my boys during the school breaks and for next summer.
The good thing with living in a small farmers village and have close contact with your boss. :blush:

8 Likes

Checking in this morning,
to report sober head on pillow tonight.
Maintain focus on next 24 hours :pirate_flag:

12 Likes

I’ve found you! :wink:

7 Likes