Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

Thank you!I’m doing better :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Ceeds belated congrats on 2+ weeks. :tada: Sorry about your Aunt, I hope getting the DUI is a turning point for her.
@JazzyS thank you :blush: 🩵 that sneezing frenzy sounds painful, I hope your throat is okay now. Sending love back :people_hugging:🩵
@icebear congrats on 21 years smoke-free :tada:
@JFT thank you :blush: 🩵
@vagabond welcome :blush:
@BrOKenWolf congrats on the trophies :trophy: :clap:t2: I’m glad the tournament has inspired you. :blush:
@DanaM56 congrats on 70 days :tada:
@mamador good to read from you, and that you’re doing well 🩵
@flourishingperson1 congrats on double digits :tada:
@asinineouroboros welcome :blush: congrats on 3 weeks :tada:

8 Likes

@CueBall8n9 congrats on 200 days :tada:
@Jana1988 congrats on 4 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2::star2: and happy birthday :birthday: :balloon: :gift: :partying_face:
@MrsOdh congrats on 2 weeks :tada: I’m glad your husband continues to improve in health 🩵 I ordered a few items from Temu and they all arrived, and by the expected delivery date too, I was relieved and impressed by their prices.
@zzz sorry to read this, but welcome back :people_hugging::blush: glad you’re keeping a motivated attitude.
@JennyH enjoy London :blush:
@sissychris39 congrats on your week of no grazing :tada:
@Thumper1213 sending strength :people_hugging:🩵

1112 days no alcohol.
577 days no cocaine.
92 days no vape.

Haven’t had much sleep the last two nights, hoping to catch up a bit tonight. :crossed_fingers:t2: Did my morning routine and started a new book, Scattered Minds, by Gabor Maté, ‘The Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder’. I listened to a lot of his talks and interviews while I was still in active addiction but desperately trying to stop, so I think it’s going to be an interesting read.

Played Pokémon GO Fest yesterday and today, and completed all of the weekend’s missions. Did some back-to-back meditations, now I’m here catching up. Looking forward to starting a new page in my colouring book tomorrow, havent done any over the weekend.

I hope you’ve all had wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

27 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Evening Check In :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 560
Work was sooooo busy. Not what im used to at all. Im not necessarily complaining, but all i ate today was 2 pop tarts and alot of coffee. Not healthy and not what my body needs to function well. I left work extremely hungry and dehydrated. Then became super irritable and stressed out bcuz of that and the heat and the over crowded bus. It was too much! I came home and had to reset my binge free counter bcuz i tried to have a snack before supper and it didnt turn out well. I am grateful that im still clean and sober, grateful that my binge wasnt too extreme (stopped myself right away) and grateful that im able to learn from this reset. Anyway, i hope u all are having a great sunday. New week is approaching and im excited to see whats in store! :butterfly:

24 Likes

Three days (79 hours approx) down.

Took this Sunday to chill at the graveyard and sort out my goals. Went to lunch with a friend.

I’m going to be busy this week searching for a home. A smoother process when one isn’t drunk and stupid and angry.

Stay awesome, my friends.

21 Likes

Day 140 checking in sober

23 Likes

Checking in Day 152!!!

Alive, clean, and sober!!!

Went to church today with my two beautiful babies also my sis-in-law and three young nephews. Was a great start to this fine Sunday. I thank our Heavenly Father for giving us another day and the courage and strength to keep moving forward. Everyone keep doing your best for you and believing in yourself. You CAN do it and I love you all. Have a wonderful evening everyone. God Bless ☆☆☆ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

No programs or therapy for me besides this here app. I didn’t really think it was necessary for me. I’ve just been trying to keep my life full of the things that make me glad to be alive, like art and music and friends and family and animals and nature. Focusing on my career. That sort of thing.

9 Likes

Day 680 AF

What’s good, gang?

I’m still dealing with nightly flare-ups. Turns out I have low Vitamin D levels. I got tested for celiac disease, and I am currently waiting on my results. Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this. I’m underweight. I’m trying to eat more frequently. Even though I’m underweight, I feel like it has stabilized at 117 pds. I haven’t lost another pound since July. I’m still on a strict diet, no junk food, no caffeine, etc. I miss coffee in the mornings :cry:. I haven’t thought about boozing, especially during these times. I think my condition would’ve been a lot worse if I had been drinking.

Anyway, I woke up and went for a long walk at the beach. My eldest got into Pokemon Go and got the wife and I back into playing. Went for a park in the afternoon. I noticed parents with their toddlers teaching them how to ride bikes, and I realized that I’ve never taught my kids how to ride a bike. I wasted a lot of years drinking and waking up hungover, and I never got the chance to spend time with my kids. Damn. Shit kinda hit me. Gonna invest in some bikes and try to get out more, or do other outdoor activities.

I hope everyone’s doing well. Take care. ODAAT.

18 Likes

Checking in on 4y9m24d.
I am grateful the nights are cool and my apartment is cooling down bit by bit.
People keep asking if I settled in here again. I am surely glad to be back in my apartment and having a/my bed. Idk. I am grateful to have a week off.
I am grateful for the support of this community. I am grateful that when I burst out of anger I can reflect on it. I see what others feel about it and get some perspective.

I am glad I checked in on a guy I met in a meeting and he told me he’d go into rehab today. I am glad he does this for himself.

25 Likes

Hey ya’ll,

Just getting tucked in here. Back with whole family again, all at my moms. Long drive home tomorrow, I know my nephew may be confused he isnt coming with us. Had a great day with him; can tell he is restless because my mom and respite worker cant take him to park. It would be nice if someone from respite service had energy/ability to take him to the park. I do it when I come and he loves it,he has so much energy and needs to run and be free - like all kids. He shot some hoops for a few monents, and then it went to makinf a collection of all the balls he has and wobbling the net back forth to watch its movenents. He sees things we do not; marches to his own tune.

Looking forward to being home and had a lovely weekend. The cigarettes have a hold on me oh Lordy do they ever. I have a vape, which I do not want to trigger anyone here either so not sure its appropriate to speak of but I would rather vape then snoke cigarettes and taper off the vape. I know neither are good, but thinking of harm reducing until I quit. I dont know. Will try and try a bunch of things until I quit. Just tired of the smoking, and thats thr next one to tackle for me (to be all nicotine free). Ill get there, all you lovely folks have a wonderful 24.

Xo.

12 Likes

That bike story hit home. I never taught my daughter how to ride one either. Or many other things that I should have. It’s hard to think about the moments that never were.

4 Likes

Checking in 71 days alcohol free…

I had a good weekend. Hung out with a friend last night at a club and people watched. Strange energy for sure. It’s nice being the designated driver and not being hungover after a night out. Last night also showed me it’s capable to go out, have fun, listen to live music and not drink.

Today is was spent floating in the pool and just relaxing. Though I did have a craving for a mimosa ad others were drinking. Thankful I brought my flavored seltzer water concoction to drink.

Shenanigans with my horrible daughter in law continue. It doesn’t trigger me to drink but it’s taking a lot of self control not to verbally assault her. If I were drinking I know I’d have already let her have it. That’s what she wants so keeping silent is actually better. :blush:. Win for me!

As always so truly grateful for the support and community I have with all of you

17 Likes

Day 331

Early morning here, I already did 2 Covid tests, both positive. Slightly but still positive. Seems I was too active yesterday so that today my throat feels sore again and my nose is still runny.
Although we’re understaffed I will stay at home today and call a Dr. again. I have to go to another one because mine is on vacation (well earned).
@Juli1 you’re right, I should not start too early again with work. This is something I have to learn. There is still a voice inside me that yells at me to don’t let my team down but yeah…my health is more important to me than my job. I’m afraid that if I start too early I’ll have health problems later.
Ok fam, see you later. Now I’m having a coffee and watch YouTube until I can go to that Drs office at 12am with waiting time.
Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart: :muscle:

17 Likes

Sunday night check in. Caught this fun number on my counter randomly just now! Love it! :wink: I’m exhausted. We worked our asses off this weekend to put a major dent in settling in at our home and the work paid off. I’m glowing here! We are putting our mark on this house and it feels wonderful. Plenty still to do but there always is. We got so much done, so much. My body will surely be aching tomorrow. I am so glad it was pleasantly cool this weekend for this effort and that the temps look to be reasonable next week since we are going camping on Wednesday through Friday. Looking so forward to some time in nature. So grateful for sobriety and that I feel pretty good overall atm. Here’s to a good start to the week next week with hopefully a restful night’s sleep. Goodnight friends. :heartpulse:

33 Likes

It was another coworkers birthday last night. 23yo kid I’ve worked with for 5 years. He’s restored my faith in the younger generation. He’s just a genuinely good guy. So we all decided to join him at a bar after work to celebrate.

Going out with coworkers is interesting. Obviously the younger ones are doing the ‘normal’ bar scene thing, but then you see others partaking who change completely. A couple older females, around 30, started getting sloppy and loud, fast. I took my ginger beer and joined the smokers outside for some peace. Of course after a while the party came outside. My friend invited me over so we left.

We got into some deep conversations about addiction problems and the program and such. Another friend came too, who’s current situation is devastating. Her daughter is on heroin. She’s tried everything to help but now feels hopeless. She’s trying to accept the fact that her daughter might die young. She’s worried about what will happen to her grandson who’s living in that situation. We told her that al-anon might be able to help. It was a long, heavy night, but it was nice being able to talk so freely about these situations bc everyone understood in some way. They’ve all conquered certain obstacles and are such a support to how far I’ve come.

As usual, I stayed up too late, but at least it was in good company. I slept late but it was a full 9 hours for once. Today I just relaxed and cleaned (a little). Hoping to fully enjoy my day off with my daughter tomorrow. Hope you all have a marvelous Monday :grin:

21 Likes

Everybody, come to the NW of England and bring a camera!!! It’s Summer 2023 and rain isn’t forecast! It’s actually going to be nice!!

It’s 0622, Willow the (big) dog is lying on me, and I think it’s time to get up for a pleasant summer - and sober - day.

The market in Altrincham is usually shut on Mondays but it’s a bank holiday. I may walk there early with Will (6 mile round trip) for a coffee.

Happy Monday people.

20 Likes

2 weeks
Checking in!

So happy I didn’t let any craving win yesterday.
I will go on doing the work now!

New week, let’s go :yum:

28 Likes

Sounds wonderful Jenny. Completely relate on the need for balancing a busy cultural trip to the city with being immersed in nature. I LOVE visiting London… but also enjoy coming back up north :smiling_face:
Have a fantastic trip. X

3 Likes

I’d given up on summer, but can confirm the sun is also shining in Yorkshire this morning… mostly :wink:
Enjoy the coffee & bank holiday x

5 Likes