Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #56 - #2524 by Jas2221.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

Checking in sober, day 22.

I think my interview went well. I really liked them. I don’t meet all the qualifications but hopefully I make up for that with other attributes. It would be a meaningful increase in pay.

Other than that I’m just always tired. No word yet about getting insurance to cover my adhd med. I need to find a way to be more productive at work. I really struggle with the boring repetitive stuff. I’ll probably try to do another hour after dinner.

28 Likes

Thank you so much for your sweet words. I feel like ive found a place of belonging and you all are my friends. We are all here trying to get better and help each other where possible.
Thanks again :people_hugging:

16 Likes

Work today feels like it’s dragging on. I didn’t sleep well. Oh well. I’m off tomorrow and then therapy

12 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman thank you so much :blush: 🩵 there’s no way I’m resetting my takeaways counter, I’m at 325 days and I wanna see that become 365 :crossed_fingers:t2: Well done for exercising today :muscle:t3:
@DanaM56 congrats on 50 days :tada:
@JazzyS thank you :blush: 🩵 I hope your headache has gone :crossed_fingers:t2::people_hugging:
@Ashley_luvz_starz welcome :blush: congrats on 131 days :tada:
@BJonns welcome back :blush:
@BrOKenWolf sending love and strength to you too :people_hugging:🩵 sorry about the plumbing issue, hope the damage is repairable :crossed_fingers:t2: excited for your tournament, you’ve worked so hard to get ready for it :muscle:t3:
@CueBall8n9 congrats on 6 months :tada:
@TANK23 congrats on 150 days :tada:
@Earth welcome back :blush:
@Brl81 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

12 Likes

@Cloudy welcome :blush: congrats on day 1 :tada:
@JennyH have a lovely holiday :blush:

1092 days no alcohol.
557 days no cocaine.
72 days no vape.

Woke up really late, managed to complete my morning routine, just in time to attend the online Mindfulness course I was booked on to, it was very relaxing.

Spent the rest of the afternoon reading, I will likely finish the book I’m reading tomorrow, looking forward to starting a new one.

My leg is even worse today, so I still can’t do my walks and I’m suffering for it mentally. The pain is making me want to get crisps (chips) so I can watch TV to distract myself from it. I’m trying to resist because I’ve gained 17lbs recently, and I’ve already had an jce-cream and can of coca-cola from the ice cream van today.

I’ve been resting my calf on a hot water bottle while I’ve been reading, will use an ice block next. Really need it to heal so I can get back out walking ASAP.

🩵

25 Likes

Checking in. Day 304.

Toxicity level 5. Fantasized and lusted some today. Bringing back down now.

Today marks 10 months.

36 Likes

Day 2,105. Monkeeeeeeyyyyssss

43 Likes

Well done on your 10 months Kevin - celebrating your achievement with you
R

8 Likes

Hey what’s up everyone, its me i accidentally logged out of my other account. So i had to make a new one, but I’m typing this with my knew keyboard so thats cool. Had a good day, got two of my college books. Had dinner at the house with the guys and now I’m just relaxing. Going to figure out how to use everything on my keyboard. But yeah much love everyone hope you all had amazing days.

30 Likes

Huge congratulations Kevin!!! So proud of you! Youre doing amazing!!

7 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Feeling very sad and defeated today. It’s been a year since I’ve seen my grandkids. I had to block my daughter in law got my own mental well-being. I’m locked her yesterday when she started the drama. I had to cut my son off two months ago when he continued to allow his wife to control everything and hold my grandchildren hostage.

It’s been quiet and I’ve not had to deal with her drama and toxicity. This whole scenario circles around my parents ashes. My son asked to keep them. No one had an issue with that. However, they have stored my parents in a cabinet in the garage where they keep there dog food. It’s so disrespectful! My son has allowed it.

Apparently my DIL wants them gone but wants to control how they are delivered, when they are delivered. I want nothing to do with that horrible woman. She’s pure evil. She included family members my brother and I don’t speak to and o know it was simply to cause mayhem. If I don’t comply with her demands she’ll hold my parents ashes hostage. I’m just heartbroken.

14 Likes

Tonight will be day 424 of no self harm, I can’t believe how close I am to 1.5 years!! I recently had a dream where I self harmed (not sure why I had it I was feeling fine) and when I woke up that feeling I had made me realize how much I never want to self harm again and I seriously can’t see myself doing it in the future, but I know there will always be a risk of it. so I’m not going to say i will NEVER do it again but it’s hard to imagine it

@Twizzlers thank you for thinking of me!

@Alisa thank you for all the great advice and encouragement I will think about having a sonogram

doing okay just feeling like hell physically but that’s only because I got some tattoos which makes me feel pretty shit for a few days. I can’t believe I forgot to post them! I just got them Saturday

first one is “all lights turned off can be turned on” from the song call your mom by Noah Kahan

second one is “there is meaning on earth I am happy” from view between villages by Noah Kahan

I am definitely not totally happy so tattoo 2 is definitely a more hopeful statement that i hope to find true one day

23 Likes

Having hope is great! Love your tattoos.
You are coming into your own, maturing, and I wish you in your life great happiness … very little to no pain … and contentment with yourself. That’s awesome that you see self harm as a part of your past. You are growing and healing in so many ways. Big big hugs and lots of love. There’s a tattoo thread if you want to post your tattoo over there also. It’s very nice. :purple_heart::people_hugging::purple_heart:

4 Likes

I had no idea there was a tattoo thread. thank you for all the kind words :heart:

4 Likes

I am so sorry for all that you going through. I am grateful a that you have been strong enough to set up boundaries and stick to them. Its horrifying that your grandkids are being used as hostages in this. Grateful that you are maintaining your sobriety.

Worse yet is the disrespect to your parents. I am well aware of the deceitful manipulative ways toxic people can behave. I’ve never had any luck getting my point through to such people (they are impossible to reason with) from my experience.

I just want to give you a huge hug Dana - so sorry that you heartbroken and having to deal with this drama. This is an insane situation - we are here if you need a shoulder to cry on or just vent. Wish i could offer more in support. :people_hugging: :people_hugging:

6 Likes

My heart is with you. I am dealing with family things as well and it is very painful.

I am so sorry this has anything to do with a loved ones ashes, and I can imagine how your heart aches to see your grandchildren. I hope that you can find some peace with all of this; I am searching for it also. :pray:

Xo.

4 Likes

Day 1780

I’ve been feeling dreadful lately, and then bad things happen.

I am wondering if I am manafesting these bad things, subconsciously, to match this dread I feel.

I know, us humans look for patterns, signs and reason in things to connect two things that should not be connected, sometimes we will things into existence to prove to ourselves we were right. I wonder if that’s what I am doing now, sabotaging myself, to validate this dread.

Signed, confused in Seattle…

21 Likes

You know what @Mindofsobermike im glad i knew who you were when you said keyboard lol

Love this community!

6 Likes