Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

Congrats on 30 day milestone!! @Qhob13 so greatful to share this journey with you

6 Likes

Thank you, CJ! :heart: so happy you are part of my sober journey! Love seeing your name pop up!

4 Likes

Day 10
Going back to my part time job on Wednesday after being off for two weeks with COVID.
Two more days to prepare for that. Iā€™ll be ready. :heart:

20 Likes

Day 53

Just checking in.

25 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1198. I hope everybody has a good one!

22 Likes

@Just_Laura :birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :tada: Hope you do something super exciting for yourself today. Canā€™t wait to see the new hair color :heart:
@imperfectecho Welcome to the check in thread. Check out the Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) to help with your cigarette withdrawal. I also did some screaming and shadow boxing to let out that anger. I found the longer Iā€™ve abstained from my vises the easier it is to manage my anger. Keep strong my friend ā€“ it does get easier.
@jennyH I too used to jump out of bed ready to embrace the day and now seem to linger on a bit (even when CFS is not present). I think its our bodies way of reminding us to not always be on the go. I use this time to do some lying in bed stretches to get my limbs ready for the day (sometimes I have to set the alarm a bit earlier so that I do still get out of bed when Iā€™m supposed to :laughing:
@wakikki So good to see you checking in! I am sorry that today is a bad day. I do hope that with the mri results your psychologist is able to put you on a path of recovery (hopefully not the same type of meds you were on before). Yikes ā€“ that period of your life does not sound nice. Totally normal to block out bad feelings / memories ā€“ ie. Chunks of time. I do hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:
@rob11 I love it Rob and you may not feel these words but I do think they apply to you. Itā€™s a slow growth so itā€™s not all in your face but you are moving forward in a positive direction and making some amazing personal developments.
@barber508 :crossed_fingers: that you are able to get your shot today.
@qhob13 YES!!! This is awesome friend ā€“ you are crushing sobriety with your 30 days down! Thank you for being on this journey with us.

WOW ā€“ yes, that makes a hell of a difference and Iā€™m grateful that you are being compensated for all your time and work. I do agree that some days I too want to rush forward to the weekend or a rest day. I think itā€™s a normal cushion for our minds to know that the chaos we are in will not be lasting for too long.
@trixie1 Congrats on feeling better and Way To Go on your double digits!!! This is fantastic!
@Butterflymoonwoman How did your night shift go?

Checking in on Monday morning -
Going to be a hell of a week and i feel like i can tackle it. Luckily none of my symptoms are crazy today so this is a plus. high 60ā€™s here which is also my sweet spot weather these days. Hope you all have a wonderful addiction free day - sending you much love :heart: :heart:

17 Likes

Checking in on day 75. Best wishes to all.
IMG_1822

18 Likes

I understand your nervousness @Mindofsobermike. At age 34 I stopped working in sales and enrolled in a One Year program at Full Sail,now a 4 year University. I was engaged so it was kinda scary. The school was for audio engineering. They offered an internship too. I ended up with a 25 year career at NBC! Made good money and friends and loved it. Keep going Michael. Like Traffic sang ā€œwho knows what tomorrow may bringā€

10 Likes

I cannot speak for other people but yesā€¦ yes it does. Being compensated well somewhat helps :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Iā€™m back guys. Day one, letā€™s go feetā€¦

16 Likes

Itā€™s hard to get off the the treadmill once you are on it. But not impossible. One thing: please come here before you use. And talk about the urges. It might help. We might help.

Looking back at your previous posts I can sort of see this coming but thatā€™s with a bit of hindsight. Brutal honesty friend. With yourself in the first place. Weā€™re in this together. Canā€™t do it alone. Letā€™s do this.

13 Likes

Day
4 no marijuana
69 no vapes or ciggs
138 no alcohol

Off to work
Take care
Peace and love

18 Likes

@Noshame Top job!

4 Likes

Hey lovelies!

I donā€™t think I have posted on this thread before but I have read several posts, so I thought I would join in :sunny:

7 weeks ago today I took my last drink of alcoholā€¦ my life has improved dramatically and I am still at the stage of celebrating each extra week of sobriety :partying_face: 8th October will be 2 months of sobriety from alcohol and heavy benzos, I am sure looking forward to celebrating that one, itā€™s a Sunday so I might take myself out for a celebration lunch after church lol :two_hearts:

Good on everybody for your strength and determination in getting and staying sober from whatever substance/s you are abstaining from, no matter how long you have been sober!

I send a ton of encouragement and blessings to you all, love from Down Under :koala: :kangaroo: :kangaroo: xp

18 Likes

Second check in,

My mother called how it was going. Told her the truth. Didnā€™t dare to come here and vent. Was quit ok this morning, but had a call with HR, which triggered a whole Christmas tree. She just asked if I could see the company doctor on Thursday, not gonna avoid it, but damn the effect on me. Went on the couch after with a head spinning in circles and came just of it to get a bath. My sonā€™s soccermatch is cancelled , was looking forward to that. Cooking is not a succes yet, have been living on bread the last couples of days. Donā€™t see it as a big problem yet. Step by step, if my head has no overview itā€™s loose. FRO self pity, guilt, shame

13 Likes

Lovely to see you on this thread, and congratulations on 7 weeks. Definitely worth celebrating, and good idea to plan a lunch in for 2 months.

5 Likes

2 weeks sober today (alcohol + weed)! Iā€˜m feeling capable and hopeful. The most important thing Iā€™ve done this time around is arm myself with knowledge by listening to lots of audiobooks, and meeting regularly with a therapist. Iā€™ve quit alcohol for weeks or months in the past, but always with the mindset that I would have to struggle and suffer and tell myself ā€œnoā€ every day for the rest of my life. Iā€™ve had such a mindset shift after educating myself on the physical and psychological health effects of drinking and now I just donā€™t want to drink. There are moments sometimes where a drink sounds good, but when that happens I just allow myself to think through how that would play out (the feeling in the
Moment, the torment of deciding when to stop, the feeling/regret the next day, the worry about my health, etc). Sometimes itā€™s still hard knowing what to do with myself in the evenings, but Iā€™ve been way more physically active and reading more and Iā€™m starting to find my groove with that. I never used weed daily- it was more of an occasional thing for me, but I quit that at the same time to avoid the risk of trading one ā€œcheck outā€ substance for another. Meeting with my therapist today for the first time since making this decision and I know itā€™s silly but Iā€™m so excited to tell her :joy: she didnā€™t know I was planning to do this. Anyways just feeling excited and glad to be here and wishing everyone a beautiful and healthy week!

16 Likes

@JennyH Thanks, lovely! If anybody had suggested that I would be sober and loving life again even 4 months ago, I would have been extremely doubtful. There has been a real shift that isnā€™t just about quitting substance abuse, itā€™s hard to put my finger on it but my mindset has switched to positivity, back to creativity and sociability at the same time. Donā€™t question the miracle, right?! :hugs:

7 Likes

Good morning Friends
Checking in
420 days no booze
38 days no tobacco
Spent all weekend cleaning up my filthy house. I HATE doing it but it feels so much better after I make big progress. Still a lot to do. Back to work today. Donā€™t quite know what Iā€™m going to do yet. I really need to schedule my time better, then maybe I wonā€™t be so broke.

22 Likes

@babyapes Fabulous effort! Keep up the great work and strength to stay sober, it is worth it :hugs:

3 Likes