Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

They’ve been a lot better vs Fulham today.

1 Like

Checking sober day 3.

It’s been a rough day. A drink sounds awfully tempting but we don’t do that anymore.

OFDAAT

23 Likes

Brilliant! Sounds like a fabulous day. Energy creates energy I always find, it surprises me too. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Checking in & doing well at now day 42. I had 42 days I think last fall, thought I had all my tools in place for a visit to my SIL’s house but wasn’t prepared for a refrigerator drawer full of my favorite beer, so that was the end of that stretch. I am in a very different place now, very connected with the TLC community, including phone calls, and I joined their Sober 90 (90 day intensive course) today, which starts November 1 and will see me through the holidays. I’m also doing their 30 meetings in 30 days challenge, and have been going to meetings daily and sharing in them when I can. I also have a sober coach. Leaving for New Mexico this Friday to see the new house and do the closing. I’m as prepared for the trip as I can be. I cannot wait to see my horse again, I’ve never been away from him this long before (3 months!). The people at the ranch love him up, but still, he’s my guy and I miss him. So anyway, checking in, hope you’re all well :hibiscus:

17 Likes

Thank you so much! :white_heart: im glad that you’re feeling good today! I love your outlook on life, hope you have a great night! :white_heart:

2 Likes

that’s amazing !!

2 Likes

day 579 of no self harm

still not feeling great today.

my friend be coming over Wednesday to help clean my room, today and tomorrow I’m washing all of my clothes and donating what doesn’t fit/what don’t wear. hopefully that’ll make a little more space for things when we clean

19 Likes

Day 61

Just checking in.

20 Likes

Checking in on day 188!!!

Have a great night everyone :heart:

20 Likes

Day 14:

Not a bad day. Woke up a little later than i wanted, but brewed up some good coffee and made it to work 30 minutes later than i wanted, but still there before all my guys got there.

Pretty busy day, but managed to get to the grocery store around 3:30. Bought food for the bday dinner, home by 4:00 and started getting everything ready.

Family showed up and we had a really good meal and enjoyable night. My sister was sweet enough to give me a t-shirt that said “I :heart: My Sister”. She cracked herself up!

Some good confetti cake and everyone headed home. Best part was drinking never crossed my mind once!

Already in bed, praying i get some semi decent sleep. All in all a good day 14…

Goodnight!

20 Likes

Mentally draining day. Monetary issues have been weighing on me for a couple months now. I am now suffering the consequences of my past. I had to borrow money from my parents today bc I have a few big payments coming up. It felt shitty to admit I’m struggling but it’s my own fault for believing I could afford a $5,000 tooth implant. I knew I should’ve borrowed money for that in the first place but kept saying “I’m a big girl. I can handle it myself.”

The car I own I bought with $10,000 cash in 2017. Four months later I got my double felony DWI, which cost well over that in the long run (still paying double the cost my car insurance used to be). I heavily rely on my tax returns to get back on track and put it away but after my ex moved out (sept. '21) I counted my chickens. Still drinking, we had a good Christmas and many other ‘fun’ expenses, as well as needless ones. I splurged like I still had someone paying half the bills. Ended up getting back half of what I expected so it was gone immediately towards credit card debt. Continued spending this way, unable to put extra away.

My job closes for January and we collect unemployment. For some reason a few of us were unable to collect this year. Still drinking and depressed I didn’t even care to figure out why. A month with no income. Quit drinking in Feb, and stopped all splurging, but it was too late.

Since supporting myself and daughter alone for the past two years, and buying that fucking tooth (I am grateful there isn’t a hole in my mouth), I haven’t been able to recover. It’s just a weight I’ve been carrying around. I very successfully lived paycheck to paycheck in the past. I just have to remember how.

Idk. Just drained. Need to sleep.

19 Likes

Checking in. Still sober. Still wishing life would calm down. I know I don’t handle stress well. Eating too much sugar stuff for starters. But I recognise the behaviour and hey, I’m not drunk.

17 Likes

#Day 1840 :walking_woman:
Back to work after a 2 week holiday, not in the mood for working :face_with_peeking_eye:
But I had a really great holiday, that’s for sure, so I may not complain.
Busy week ahead, a bit to busy! So try to keep my calm and don’t go in overdrive.

Wanna share this happy bench we saw during our holiday, it made me smile!
Maybe I’m going to make such bench here in my city as well. Every city need one!
I love projects like this, it warms my :heart:

Have all a good day and make the best out of it. Sober/clean ofcourse.
For ourselves and the people around us :kiss:

18 Likes

Aaaah, that is like the Buddy Bench at my children’s primary school. Such a lovely idea. So many people are missing human connection in life. My Mum always goes through the tills that are manned by a person (instead of self service) as she thinks it is good for people to have conversations, connection with others.

6 Likes

Checking in, Day 19. Exciting to be nearly 20.

Massive thank you to everyone that was there for my last night and saw me through my craving and bad mood. It isn’t just the people who specifically replied either, but everyone here, as I could read all of the posts and just spend my time here. Found the meme thread @JazzyS Will be going back there :grin:

Feeling a lot better today. Going into work and actually looking forward to seeing my colleagues. This post-Covid hybrid working really is a gift, the perfect balance for me.

Have a good day everyone

17 Likes

Day 101
Woke up 7.30am, logged on for work 7.55am. Finishing at 3.30pm today:)

It feels like we are bypassing autumn and going straight into winter

Today i will not drink alcohol. I will drink lots of water and coffee :slight_smile: off to the barbers later on. Then Netflix thiw evening

18 Likes

Checking in on my 338th day sober.

Going to get a couple of tyres changed on my car this morning, then attending a couple of fitness classes this afternoon at my local gym.

Keeping my body healthy is a massive help to my mental state.

Starting my new job next week too. Things are looking up.

14 Likes

Slept in. Switching to a couple of late shifts. Seems I need the order and structure of my job, mentally feeling better than the last days of my holidays. Also finally some autumn-ish weather arrived here. Which feels like more normal, even though I also feel the shortening of the days. Time to dig out the SAD lamp I guess.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love form outside my workplace, yesterday before work.

23 Likes

Day 675

Still feeling confused by what has happened. Such a mix of emotions that I honestly don’t know if I’m coming or going.

Thank you to those who have been in touch. It is appreciated. I apologise if my responses are scarce and not making sense.

I also apologise to those I’m not there to offer support to at the minute.

Sending love and strength!

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #58 (Part 30).