Checking in daily to maintain focus #59

Checking in sober. Thats all for today. Not going to complain, again.

Hope everyone have a wonderfull day :heart:

16 Likes

Checking in Day 8)

I feel really grounded today. I donā€™t know if itā€™s the pink shaded glasses from sobriety, the meeting or if Iā€™ve just been overcome with a huge air of acceptance over pretty much everything I cannot change. Iā€™ve been saying the serenity prayer an awful lot this last week in the hope that a higher power will present itself. It feels to me that a higher power may very well have because Iā€™m not an accepting person by nature - I always want to fix things or alter things or ruin things! It could just be that I feel a lot better about being offered the job meaning I can get on with my plan. Whatever it is, I hope it lasts a while because it feels good :slight_smile:

23 Likes

@icebear I hope the coffee brings on the motivation. I know when I feel blah I have a hard time logging on and engaging but really it is such a blessing once I do. I am grateful for the connections here. I do hope to see you around more and hopefully you will be starting to feel better soon :hugs:
@noshame 3 weeks and killing it! You are amazing friend.
@moosetracks Yeah to having a great 1st week. I do hope you find that work life balance ā€“ I know that is a difficult task. Have a wonderful time tonight! Have a great Halloween outing!
@butterflymoonwoman I do hope you get to leave early and get a day of rest. Sending healing vibes for your son ā€“ hope he is feeling better soon :hugs:
@kimpantera 2 weeks!! Woot Woot :tada: Way to go Kim ā€“ keep stacking on the sober days :muscle:
@happyfeet That is an awesome looking medal ā€“ way to go!! Conquer on :muscle:
@wakikki Stating how you feel and what you are going through is not complaining. I am so very sorry that you are struggling and we are here if you need to talk about it. Can not hold it in. Here for you my friend and I do hope you are not overwhelmed with any symptoms or anxiety today :people_hugging:
@looking4support I do hope that being around family helps console you this weekend. I can not even imagine what you are going through and I really have no words. We are here if you need to talk. Much strength and comfort to you James :pray: :hugs:

Checking in on Saturday afternoon
not a great day but i am grateful to be alive. i have developed new pain in my hips and legs and the nasty skin issue is spreading. its a wonderful day to stay in bed. I have a lovely set up in bed with my laptop and getting all my accounting done. Grateful i do not have to do the restaurant shift today as iā€™m having a hard time walking. i am grateful that i get to see my doctor this week and hopefully come up with a better plan of attack.
hope you all have a wonderful addiction free day / evening ā€“ sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

23 Likes

Saturday housework day check in.
Just came to the full awareness that I donā€™t know the actual birthdates of any of my close friends. People Iā€™ve celebrated multiple birthdays with, given and received thoughtful presents for. I actually need a prompt, or Iā€™ll totally forget their birthdays.
No doubt this wouldnā€™t be the case had I been more mindful and less impulsive during my social life before this year.
From now on, Iā€™ll have them in the calendar and have more presence of mind about it.

14 Likes

Love this medal too @Butterflymoonwoman and @lorelai Love the Scottish thistle on it :star_struck:
The walk itself was amazing. Great scenery to watch on the map. Was awesome.

Iā€™ve now started the Cotswold Way Challenge. Itā€™s a 156 km long walk in the south west of England.
Slightly different to the rough coast of Scotland but beautiful too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love this Conqueror app @Cjp . It offers tons of virtual walk challenges. It would count your steps and activities and you can follow your progress on Google maps and live view, wich is a nice gimmick as you might feel like you discover this place in real. :wink: There are no limits. You do the challenge on your own pace, itā€™s simple.
To be honest, I think it is a bit overpriced but it made me going out and just walk. It is a lot of fun and it helped me tremendously in the beginning of my sober journey to be active when I didnā€™t feel like it. And with every milestone reached the app company plants a treeā€¦ So that helps as well. And not to forget the really beautiful medals. They are really pretty.
Well we spent so much money on alcohol or others of our DOCs , so spending some money just for fun wouldnā€™t hurt either :wink:

Sorry for the long post but after more than a year using this app Iā€™m still excited.
Maybe you could give it a try.

Have a wonderful sober weekend everyone :pray:

11 Likes

20231006_205407
1 :lock:

:play_or_pause_button:

13 Likes

Thank you :blush: I really hope your pain eases and you have a good day.

2 Likes

Hey yaā€™ll,
Just stepping out for a breath of air. Been with my mom, nephew and my kids since Thursday. Today we are celebrating my nephews birthday and all of my sisters girlfriends are here. My nephew is so happy to celebrate his birthday and had so much fun at the park. I can tell he is overwhelmed with all the peopke, and can see it is also confusing for him that me and my kids are here with him and nanny. I more often come on my own, or he is with us at our house. He is getting his routine here; and change he handles very well in a lot of ways but also I can see how it disregulates him.

Just put my son for a little nap, and am sitting in the room with him in the quiet. My mom is feeling so much emotion, for me I tend to fewl my emotions in private.

I can see just from being here these few short days the challenge my husband and I took on with the 3 children (as hes at home so its just me and my mom with the 3). Its just so apparent how unmanageable it is for 2 people, with the 3 children and having stepped back it is even more obvious. My daughters behaviour and her emotions change almost immediately; she really argues with her brother and I can tell she craves the attention she doesnt get when her brother and nephew need the constant care and supervision.

It has been a really great visit in some ways, its been quite steessful and exhausting in others. I have also been dealing with CPS and our old lawyer since being here, and its funny to me how CPS and the courts are a bit impatient for the ā€œpermanentā€ plan for this child to be made, when really they just want something in permanency written on paper. It has nothing to do with an actual long term plan, and that is what we are working towards. We are his greatest advocates and I see how what is being offered to us has changed with all of my back and forths and our families efforts, changed from ā€œthis is the only optionā€ to their suddenly being more optionsā€¦I just will not let someone or a system make me feel crazy because we cannot accept the little they have to offer. If parents/guardians are told they are their childs best advocate and chance at recieving support, quit chastising them and making them feel like they are being difficult/unrealistic for being that advocate. Its such a double edged sword. My nephews smile on his face whdn he sees me, the kisses and just his whole beingā€¦how far he has come. Hes worth it. Im just grateful, grateful for being sober, grateful for my sister and grateful for her lottle boy. Lord give me some GD strength xo.

13 Likes

Checking in at 44 days.

I have spent a lot of the day sleeping but guess my body needed it. I had a lovely nap this afternoon after my wonderful lie in. Trying to go with it. My daughterā€™s team won the football match and she got player of the match, being tried in a new position and she did well.

Spotted a halloween postbox topper, love when people do this, so clever. Not sure if these exist outside of England?

21 Likes

These crack me up, some places go even further and do woolen pendants and bunting along railings and any item spare begging for wool to be put on.

I do like them on post boxes, donā€™t get me wrong, but after a few storms and rain spellsā€¦they donā€™t look great. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Hahaha, that must look awful after a while :rofl: I love how completely naff they are, but they need to stick with the postbox only theme. We are coming up to the time of year when they are out in forceā€¦Halloween, Remembrance Sunday, Christmas.

5 Likes

Head to a living space with only the bare trio of village hall, church and school and see what delights behold youā€¦these are naturally the best areas to observe the woollen treasures.

5 Likes

Glad you got some good lay in time and a nap ā€“ i did too :wink:

these postbox toppers are awesome! we do not have this here and i feel jipped :laughing:

4 Likes

Sorry about all your health issues Jazzy. I have a lot of back problems and it makes sleeping very difficult. I spend many sleepless nights in pain so I can empathize with you. Hope the doctors can find answers for you soon. Big props on staying sober while dealing with that!

4 Likes

Thanks Kim ā€” i am sorry that you are dealing with back problems. Sucks having those sleepless nights. props to both of us my friend. we are finding a better and healthier way to deal with the pain. I hope you are enjoying your 2 weeks of sobriety.

2 Likes

Apologies, Iā€™ve not kept up with posts on here. Just skipped through the last 300 posts and dished out some hearts.
Iā€™ve nothing major to report. Pictures are from an interactive light installation, I visited last week. Wizard of Oz themed: Old Abbey ruins as Emerald city and an actor as the tin man.

:squid:

14 Likes

I am, my husband just borrowed my car to go get ā€œrefreshmentsā€ because I wouldnā€™t go get it for him. I hope someday he chooses to sober up, but until then, I will continue with my journey and try not to be phased. I know I canā€™t be responsible for his choices,

5 Likes

The app has been acting strange for me the past few days. Not necessarily slow, but it will say a thread is updated and show the person that posted but when I click on it it goes back to the last time I was there, and doesnā€™t show the update, even though it still does on the main page. Actually, also, pictures arenā€™t loading, or it takes a while. Maybe itā€™s being worked on?

3 Likes

So so so :weary: tired

8 Likes

Day 701

Things have been so crazy here with the final preparations for Jā€™s funeral on Monday that I didnā€™t even realise I had hit 700, now Iā€™m into 701.

Thankful for everyone who has offered support, Iā€™m ok, just not feeling like talking, sharing, opening up etc. just concentrating on being there for my sister.

I wouldnā€™t wish her pain on my worst enemy but I wish I could take it from her and if I could I would in a heartbeat. We now both know the pain of losing a child and I can only empathise with her for the loss, losing a baby at birth is painful but having your child taken because someone took their life deliberately is a different kind of loss that I donā€™t think anyone can comprehend

Sending you all love!

20 Likes