Checking in daily to maintain focus #59

Hooray, massive congratulations :confetti_ball: It is definitely a big milestone, and one to be so proud of. You have been so inspiring to me :star2:

5 Likes

Oh wow, the milestones keep on coming. Well done, super star :star2:

3 Likes

Its actually been a tough day today! Im REALLY grumpy that i cant go to the pub and drink with the people that i used to drink with. Im not actually craving that badly its more the case that i dont have the choice anymore!

24 Likes

Congrats on a full month sober Galen! Excellent work. You know, we actually do have a choice. And we choose to do the right thing. Weā€™re at the wheel. Each and every day. One day at a time.

And on another note: I did go to the pub a couple of times after I quit. And experienced what an empty hollow sad thing it is, being there with my drinking buddies. With or without drinking myself. Yes I needed a new social circle. Thatā€™s hard. Still working on it.

11 Likes

Congratulations on the 1 month :clap:

I get the frustration. I did go to the pub for a coke and some food yesterday, but it was a very quick stop. Once we had eaten there was nothing keeping me there, strange to think how things used to be. @Mno is right about it being empty.

7 Likes

Congratulations, so good!

5 Likes

We booked in at a beautiful little tapas style place on the harbour arm for dinner and we were seated promptly at the bar seated area (Spanish style). Lovely vibe as below but INCREDIBLY drink orientedā€¦

Me and my other half noticed straight away that it was almost an incidental place to eat whilst your were drinkingā€¦ This was a bit disappointing to be honest. But then we ordered a NA beer and water (I donā€™t find NA beer triggering in the least, I like them now and then) and ordered food. Well it was delicious. The highlight being a slip sole with mussels w/lime leaf and black pudding, padron peppers and eggā€¦

The longer I relaxed into the atmosphere I realised that a lot of perception is just in my head. It was a nice place to eatā€¦ With a LOT of emphasis on booze, but still a really delicious place to eat.

Cappuccino rounded off the night along with a nice chat with the server about the Spanish black pudding which was the nicest Iā€™ve ever tastedā€¦ Boudin Noir by Christian Parra if interested.

Perception is a wonderful thing, as long as we are willing to change a perception. My reality of tonight is better than my initial perception.

Oh. And cake. Always cake.

19 Likes

That all looks amazing! I get why you would be unsettled initially but great work on seeing past that to the rest of the experience. Hope your trip continues to be so lovely x

4 Likes

@Mno feel better soon :people_hugging: šŸ©µ
@Alycia congrats on all the 5s :tada: enjoy the fesitval :notes:
@Wakikki sorry about what happened, great advice from Binx. I hope youā€™ve been able to eat something and it was okay now :people_hugging:šŸ©µ
@Trixie1 congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@Thumper1213 congrats on 60 days :tada:
@Marlowe congrats on your week :tada:
@Rastana congrats on 30 days :tada: and your improved sleep :raised_hands:t2:
@Saturn81 congrats on 40 days :tada:
@HopeDealer2 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@Juli1 argh the hypersensitive days are the worst :tired_face: I hope you found some ease after your swim :swimming_woman: šŸ©µ

9 Likes

@JennyH sending strength :people_hugging:šŸ©µ I can totally remember being triggered by music for such a long time after getting sober, it has only been recently that Iā€™ve started to enjoy it on my walks again. Maybe you could use headphones in the gym and listen to what youā€™d prefer, thatā€™s what I did when I was going, still trying to find my way back.
@Butterflymoonwoman congrats on 600 days :tada:
@HolySquid congrats on 7 months :tada:
@Galen_82 congrats on 30 days :tada:

1152 days no alcohol.
617 days no cocaine.
132 days no vape.

Today I had to wait in all day for a delivery of my meal replacement shakes, it was due between 7:30am-7:30pm. After waiting all day and battling with not being able to do the things I felt like doing and a thing I needed to do, I then got a message to say that ā€˜delivery could not be attemptedā€™, then an email from the shakes company to say theyā€™d been advised that my parcel was ready for collection, so I clicked on the ā€˜collection infoā€™ link, and it says ā€˜no info available for this parcelā€™. Aaarrrgh, frustration overload! Iā€™ve sent the customer service a message asking if my order can be resent via a courier, and if not then Iā€™ve requested a refund. Iā€™ve been using this company since 2018 and had never had any issues until they changed who they used for delivery a few months ago.

Anyway, thereā€™s not much else to say about today. It would have been a nice day to get out for a walk, but I obviously couldnā€™t, Iā€™m hoping the weather will be similar tomorrow so I can get out and see how my injury feels. When I woke up I had hoped to go swimming today, but I couldnā€™t do that either. I am dubious over going at the weekend (busier, brain says higher chance of abuse), so I think that will have to wait until Monday now.

Tomorrow I need to walk to the Post Office to well, post something :sweat_smile: before they close at 12:30pm. It should easily be achievable, and the bonus is, I can do that as my walk. I also need to collect my NRT products from the pharmacy in my hometown, so an early drive out for that will be nice too.

Wishing you all wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

šŸ©µ

19 Likes

Have they changed to Evri? Urgh.

2 Likes

Theyve changed from DPD/Evri, to Royal Mail :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Checking in at day 76. Iā€™m really struggling with cravings today but I donā€™t want to throw away 76 days of sobriety. :confused:

20 Likes

Your post and strength brought tears to my eyes. I too have always wanted to be a sober mom, so that I did not repeat the cycle I grew up inā€¦and also, i just genuinely prefer beinf sober! That feeling of preferring not to drink or not even thinking of reaching for a drink or doc will come if it hasnt already. Everyones story with that seems to be different, but I hope you hold on to that HOPE & know you are not alone. I hope my share did not bring any burden, and you feel free to VENT AWAY on here. This place has been a godsend for me, and you may notice if you see me around i talk about the challenges of beinf a mom A LOT.

Stay strong mama you are doing an amazing job :heart:

4 Likes

Oh but youre making the right choice bud! Keep going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh i think its a milestone now!!! Amazing job & thank you so much for sharinf this :heart:

3 Likes

I am in day 2 again. Finishing the day. Kind of numb and sick

8 Likes

IMG_6871

Fuck ya! It is!
And tomorrow is another milestone for you Dana. How friggen exciting.
Congratulations on your 600 ODAATs
:pray:t2::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

And it should Dana. Congrats. Whatā€™s an official milestone? Everyday of sobriety should be recognized and celebrated. Yay you.

3 Likes

1152 days no alcohol.
617 days no cocaine.
132 days no vape.

That my friend is quite exciting. Way to go.

13 Likes