Checking in daily to maintain focus #59

Welcome to the community! The first few weeks are the toughest so keep up the hard work :muscle:

6 Likes

Congrats on 100 days @Katiee recovery is possible!

6 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome @MyLife21 i hope you find this community to be an amazing resource. Congrats on 2 days sober!

3 Likes

Glad youā€™re here. Congratulations on your two days.

3 Likes

Iā€™m tired again today. I didnā€™t take the allergy pill bc I think it may be the culprit (even tho it says non drowsy). I planned to get some laundry done but got stuck at the DMV for an hour waiting for my turn, which took less than 5 minutes. At one point, not one teller was helping anyone for a full 10 minutes, with 15 people waiting. But at least my license is renewed for 8 more years.

It was a beautiful day so we went to the park for the first time in a while. Nice to get some sun. I think itā€™s time I start taking my vitamin d again. It really seemed to help my mood/energy last winter bc Iā€™m starting to feel blah.

Well, I have to work in the morning so I think Iā€™ll get to bed early tonight. Hope you all have a good night :heart:

16 Likes

21 :lock: :lock: 4

12 Likes

Day 359

Today, I was off of work. But busy as usual.
Called and drove around to find a tire for my truck (since the metal was showing through)
Had lunch with a friend
Got the tire switched finally :sweat_smile:
Had therapy
Took my bonus kid and her father to get a new hot water heater for their house, and helped him get it into the basement
Came back and took my big kids to dinner
Got my little one to bed
And even made time to watch an episode of a show on Netflix

To be honest, Iā€™m tired. But today was a good day. And I got a lot done :blush:

I hope yā€™all are doing well my sober fam :sparkling_heart:

18 Likes

Welcome S. Congrats on day 2.
Lots of great support around here. If you got any questions about anything, just ask.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

I try to figure out the numbers. I thought it was 30 days so one month and then above the picture your days you have sober. The sum is still 31 and maybe you drank 5 days ago. But what does the subsum 21 and 4 then mean. Iā€™ll figure it out.

8 Likes

Checkin in.

18 Likes

Day 15:

Another hectic work day, but Iā€™ve been happy with how Iā€™ve been managing the madness my job seems to serve up daily. The notification sound text messages make on my phone might as well be the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard! There isnā€™t a better feeling in the world then having the last job of the day finish up and knowing my work phone will be silent until it awakens again at 5:30 am! Demon!

Went to my daughterā€™s volleyball game tonight, she played great! Love the post game hug i get from her, makes all the stress of the day dissappear.

Find myself getting angry for all the wasted time i spent drinking. Maddening how strong the power of alcohol is. This was the least active summer Iā€™ve had in years. The time i spent locked in my house plastered to the couch is pathetic. This has to be the last time i have to ā€œsober upā€!

In the past it was hard to tell people i had completly quit drinking. In the back of my mind i always hung onto the idea that maybe i could have a drink again, someday.

Not anymore.

I know i canā€™t. Iā€™m disguated by the time lost, money wasted, damage caused to relationships and the pure destruction of my mind and body alcohol has caused.

I was suffering from major dizzy spells for the last year. I knew it was the alcohol, but dismissed it. My kidneys would ache, mind in a constant fog, shaking hands and sweating caused by anxiety were a constant. But i still drank every day. What a waste!

I canā€™t do it anymore, i wonā€™t, Iā€™m done. Going to keep fighting this every day. I can already feel and see the changes happening to my mind, body and spirit. Iā€™m a better, happier person without alcohol, i know that. Just need to remind myself daily of that fact and focus on creating true happiness and a meaningful life.

Thanks for allowing me to release a portion of my racing thoughts.

Much LOVE!

15 Likes

Nothing to figure here out. Itā€™s Day 5

Numbers below are reverse countdown :lock:

So obviously when the countdown will be overā€¦

:unlock:

received_1004668960749807

5 Likes

So itā€™s like your personal advent calendar? Countdown and doors opening. Looks like Christmas comes early this year :grin:
Iā€™m definitely intrigued and excited.

4 Likes

Totally not Christmas, but the similar principle of countdown, waiting for something, believing and Hope. About month ago I talked on how I started to have dual feelings about Checking in thread and how I will try to be less active here on this thread. It was too much negativity from certain part of the community for me. I donā€™t want to talk about it.

I was thinking to leave, but I really like to check in and read Your stories. So I figured out a diferrent way of Checking in and saying whats important for me without saying much. I think creativity is a good way to express myself and it really helps me.

Anyway, my Alcohol Free days are always the first number above. I relapsed after about 9 days so itā€™s Day 5 again.

14 Likes

I always enjoy seeing your check-ins. Iā€™ve had some resets as well. Never give up!

5 Likes

Morning, checking in on Day 20 (yay!)

Welcome @MyLife21 and congratulations @HBT

My cold is finally gone! My daughter has hurt her finger though and we are worried it is broken, not sure what to do. Something we discovered recently is that my daughter has a very low pain threshold, so hard to know if she has broken it. She has had quite a few xrays before and not had a broken bone.

Feeling unsettled now. Hope everyone has a good sober day.

20 Likes

21 Likes

I hope today feels better for u!

3 Likes

Day 102. Working 8 till 4 ( not as catchy as dollys 9 to 5)

Had a good haircut at the barbers yesterday which made me feel good. Watching sex education series on netflix. I never realised it was set in the uk

I am not drinking today. I am focussed. One day at a time and staying humble.as relapse is sneaky

17 Likes