Checking in daily to maintain focus #59

Day 125. Off today. Going to make some pasta dough and then maybe some ravioli. Feeling v sleepy.

All good. Will listen to some music and potter around

14 Likes

Van Gogh museum was nice yesterday. The bike ride to the big organic grocery and growers was good too. I promise myself and you to call a friend today and invite them over for dinner. Itā€™s a pity itā€™s drizzling and looks to be drizzling for quite a while yet. Will do a short walk today and will be back to work tomorrow.

The world is overwhelming me, but together weā€™ll make it through. Iā€™m not alone and neither are you. We need connection. Canā€™t do it alone. Sober and clean and one day at a time. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Love from Amsterdam.
Pic is Rijksmuseum BTW.

I love that one Emilie. Iā€™m in. Sober and clean. :heart:

@Frank68 Happy birthday Frank :scorpion:

@Timetochange Sounds yummy! Enjoy! :yum:

27 Likes

I think your right, we all need connectionā€¦i know alot of my past drinking has been in the context of feeling really deep down isolated.

But pasta with pesto today:)

6 Likes

Iā€™ll stay sober and clean with you today Menno. Donā€™t let your brain beat you up. Sending hugs your way today and everyday. šŸ«¶šŸ¼

5 Likes

I think Iā€™m the only Brit who went to Amsterdam in their early 20s and didnā€™t smoke pot lol

Such a beautiful city, so unspoilt, Iā€™d love to go back

4 Likes

@Mno your post reminded me I really wanna see the Van Gogh museum and the Anne Frank house. Itā€™s such a waste that Iā€™ve been to Amsterdam 4 fucking times and got so high / drunk I can barely remember walking those beautiful streets. Next trip there Iā€™ll be sober and actually in the mental space to take in your beautiful city and all the culture it has to offer. (Ok, and maybe the banana show too! Donā€™t judge, my curiosity will be the death of me :rofl:)

Day 286.

Iā€™ve got a mould problem. We sprayed the living crap out of it with vinegar and ordered some mould remover / preventative solution.

In my last apartment, I ignored black mould for months on end because I was too busy sniffing and drinking intoxicant poison to notice the poison on my walls. Now, Iā€™m on the case and nipping this in the bud before it causes any health issues or permanent damage to the flat. Thatā€™s where the benefits of sobriety lie. In the little things.

15 Likes

Drinking and drugging are double edged swords, they happen both in the context of feeling isolated, and they in themselves isolate us ever further. Never again friend.

@DresdenLaPage & @Amy30 When you do come back here letā€™s have a coffee or something. Or do a little tour. Love to meet my sober brothers and sisters for real.

8 Likes

100%! Once Iā€™ve got some time under my belt and some bills caught up with, Iā€™m definitely planning to travel more again! I havenā€™t been away since I went to America in early 2020!

4 Likes

Thats true. Sometimes when i was drinking i was really sociable but otjer times i would just withdraw further and it felt like i was going down a rabbit warren. Never again :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Sounds like a plan! We havenā€™t made our travel plans for next year yet, but Amsterdam is on the list.

2 Likes

I feel like an alien baby waiting to burst out of this stagnant sac and live. Honestly sometimes I struggle with myself and disappoint myself. Am I that depressed that things stop for a week or two weeks? Or, am I lazy? Iā€™ve felt so damned crap, utter bullshit two weeks. A lot is on me and not flipping the language from the negative. Lots to work on.

But Iā€™m going swimming tonight.
Iā€™m going running tonight before my swim.
Iā€™m leaving work an hour early and not telling anyone, fuck them.

Itā€™s for my mental health and Iā€™m fighting still. I must make some plans to not drop the ball repeatedly between being good. My bloods are all normal, so why donā€™t I feel normal?

Hereā€™s to another 24. Go live.

16 Likes

@Mindofsobermike
I just want to send you a big hug, im thinking of you, if and when your ready we are here to support you

5 Likes

Youā€™re fighting the draw down into the spiral and that is so admirable - I too am fighting it tooth and nail. Itā€™s normal to not feel normal, thatā€™s what I keep telling myself lately! And to have the self awareness to see what is happening while itā€™s happening is power, we need to first recognize that, because there was a time I was deep in it before I realized I was depressed beyond belief. Keep fighting and you will get through this. Things will get better. And if you start to feel like they wonā€™t? Maybe seek some extra help from a pro, thatā€™s what theyā€™re there for. Sending you strength and some extra light. :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Checking in 666day AF :v:

Last few days, or acutally more like once in a while for some months I dream that I live a sober life, like now, but I have a glass of wine every now and then and dont restart my days at day one. I just pretend its not a relapse because its only one glass, once a whileā€¦

Wierd dreamsā€¦

Wish you all a great weekend :heartpulse:

12 Likes

Day 42!
Feeling good :smiley_cat:

16 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1230. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

Thanks Rosa, you are correct. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Iā€™m upping my depression meds again as I had 50% tapered offā€¦I guess we have to choose our battles. I wonder if thatā€™s why I feel better a little after 3 days doubling them, or if itā€™s the antibiotics for tooth pain, or because my period is over (that was a shit show this month). Wow. Iā€™ll just take the upturn of the the grimace and runā€¦

Power to you lady :pray:

7 Likes

Here I am through day 12 and in day 13. Life is good!

19 Likes

56 days AF
Checking in

22 Likes

That being said, Iā€™ve already said that Iā€™m going to meet @HoofHearted in Nashville next year :smiley: whose in?!

6 Likes