Checking in daily to maintain focus #60

Ignore the numbers… All I’ve done is not picked up today.

22 Likes

Hi all, evening check in with 51 days. Not too much to report really. Been a strange day but kids are happy. I managed to get out for a nice walk earlier, although very wet! Didn’t get to the gym for reasons beyond my control which was annoying. Tomorrow!

Just settling in for bed now. There are still fireworks going for bonfire night. Couldn’t face a display in the rain and the kids haven’t asked so just looking out the window at them.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

14 Likes

3 weeks is awesome Kim!!
Keep that momentum going :muscle::muscle::raised_hands:
3076117_25477

1 Like

Lol I hear that. The most adult thing I ever said out loud was “I must buy a new vacuum cleaner”

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 weeks Kim

2 Likes

I don’t know much about SMART recovery but I just searched it here and saw this.

There’s a few threads about it.

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 months Delia
Great job
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Checking in Day 15)

My mum came to AA with me today. It’s a newcomers meeting and bless her she introduced herself and everyone was so lovely to her. It’s been a good couple of days, to be fair. I’ve had some good conversations, I’ve been getting my groove back in the kitchen and playing a lot of guitar.

I’ve also got a friend whose found some closure in some issues they’ve been having and they were really excited to call me and tell me… it was at midnight last night just after I’d gotten into bed and fallen asleep but hey… when someone has good news, who cares what time of day it is to hear it hmm? Bless her.

I think that’s something I’m finding in sobriety this time round. I’m actively trying not to be selfish and trying to be a better friend, better son, brother, colleague and trying to avoid the trap of getting dry drunk aswell, a term I only heard today which I think really well defined my last stint of sobriety. I didn’t know there was a name for it but i think if the definition I was given is accurate, that’s basically what it was.

Speaking of guitar, I actually picked one up at random in a shop the other day and I played the end solo to “The great pretender” by Slash and someone in the shop started crying. I’ve only ever had that effect once and that was with the comfortably numb solo so that was a bit of a weird thing to witness!

I’m also not very happy because some bird has shat all over my French doors and I’m not cleaning it!

It’s my first Sunday service tomorrow at work in nearly a year. I always loved doing Sunday service so I’m pretty stoked to be doing that again :slight_smile: I cleaned the shit out of half of it today, not that it was bad but it just hadn’t been done because the boss has been working alone and didn’t have time so it was good to get into his good books aswell.

Hugs not drugs

19 Likes

Sober day 6.

Another fucking migraine to start my day. At least I have a prescription that helps and I was also able to get that refilled today.

Napped a lot. Then made chili and cornbread for dinner. I wasn’t at all motivated to cook, but glad I did. I enjoy cooking and baking when I have the energy. And it turned out really yummy. And I’ll have leftovers for days.

I just hope the headaches ease up soon. Not tempted to drink today.

OFDAAT

18 Likes

Day 5 sober from alcohol, drugs, vaping, ciggs

I stayed in bed all day which kind of disappoints me, but it’s the weekend and I’m not at the bar falling into bad habits like my usual nights. Tomorrow I will try to get outside, maybe go on a trail walk at the park

17 Likes

Don’t do this for the approval of others, you are right. You need to do the\is for you and you only. Thanks for all you shared. You got this
Kim d21

2 Likes

Thanks Jazzy! I feel GREAT!

2 Likes

Checking in on day 221

☆☆☆

Keep working, keep pushing, keep going!!!

☆☆☆

Each one of you are worth it!!!

☆☆☆

17 Likes

@JazzyS thanks for sharing your birthday :balloon:.

7 Likes

3.41am check in here.

My wife had a party for her birthday in our house tonight, fancy dress, lots of people, and a ton of alcohol.

Proud to say I wasn’t at all tempted to stray or cave and have a few with my pals.

17 Likes

Sometimes I see these numbers and it feels surreal. One part of me feels like living the sober life is just the norm now without any major hiccups. Another side of me is mildly impressed because many times during my numerous relapses I didn’t think I would eventually reach this far.
4.44 is a beautiful number but to be honest, any sober number is worth acknowledging. Without the small numbers before, I wouldn’t be here today. And just for today I am grateful :pray:
To those who are struggling, please NEVER give up trying, you just never know when sobriety will all start falling into place… today could be that day x

30 Likes

65 days AF

I will stay sober.
I am grateful for mentorship :pray:

18 Likes

Good morning :sunny:

Checking in on a day 14 :four_leaf_clover:. Have a nice weekend everyone :heart:

13 Likes

Day 47:

Not a bad Saturday. Slept a little better last night, but still not getting enough sleep. Really starting to miss not feeling tired all day. Went to my daughter’s volleyball tournament, they lost today, but still managed to finish 4th in the state. Much higher than they were projected so it was a good way to end her high school volleyball days, only a few tears shed.

Came home and both my kids came over for an early dinner. BBQ’d some cheeseburgers and made some curly fries, not the healthiest but soooo good. They left and I relaxed watching some football. Did my day 4 of the November workout challenge, did a little reading and found my way to bed.

Had a momentary thought about drinking when my kids left, I used to look forward to when I was home alone on the weekends so I could have a drink while watching football. But that was just a momentary thought, old habits die hard, Quickly pushed it out of my head realizing how happy I am sober, happy I woke up this morning on time, able to support my daughter and enjoy her last game, able to have my kids over for dinner without running upstairs to sneak drinks of vodka, able to do some reading and get a workout in at night instead of passing out on the couch. Proud of my 47 days, not a lot, but it’s a good start.

Good night for now!

15 Likes

Morning
Checking in on day 595. It sounds very windy and rainy outside but I’ve no plans to be outside too much today. Some dog walking but that’s all. :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes