Checking in daily to maintain focus #60

getting some air

10 Likes

So good read. Gived me some :clown_face: memories too :see_no_evil: We had a secret shelf under our bath. So when I usually got Romantic Wine time :wine_glass::wine_glass::candle: with my wife I would go to bathroom and drink on top of that because I always was not enough. Or I could just go to shop to buy more cheese or something and jump for quick shots at bar near shop or grab few beers on the go way back homeā€¦ I mean there was so many rabbitholes itā€™s just crazy :hear_no_evil: and ending all that ā€œcircusā€ is such a big reliev :hugs::smiling_face:

8 Likes

For me the interesting question now is, why do we think that weā€™re living in a simulation?
Is this life so awful or strange that we arenā€™t able to believe that itā€™s actually reality?
Interesting topic, but I believe that all of this here and now is very much real and we shouldnā€™t live like there is a backdoor called ā€œthe real worldā€.

5 Likes

Day 399 af
Day 20 social media detox

This morning I felt like a truck hit me. Seems I did too much yesterday and the day before.
On both days I still had sore muscles and this cought me today.
The screen I dragged through the city yesterday was too much, I almost canā€™t move my arms today :joy: Upper legs are sore too. Gosh, it almost feels like being hungover.

I had a good healthy breakfast and the second coffee is soon going to be empty.
I wonā€™t do anything today, only rest and take some supplements that will help me. Maybe go for a walk tomorrow but not more.
Next workout session will be done when Iā€™m not sore any more, period. My November challenge will be a shorter one than for the others :woozy_face:

Okay, I need to nap (not that I got up just 3 hours ago haha).

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

23 Likes

There is whole video about it. Watch till the end. Itā€™s mostly about Double-slit experiment Double-slit experiment - Wikipedia.
Maybe the title of the video was not directly the best as the whole
content is much deeper.
I suggest to watch form 15:29
https://youtu.be/4wMhXxZ1zNM?si=7GALulakm7xvT1lx&t=929

@Pandita @Amy30

1 Like

Day 31 for me today.

I feel great and this is the longest Iā€™ve been in two years.

One day at a time.

Thanks for all the support.

16 Likes

Iā€™m unsure why you tagged me in thisā€¦ As someone with long-term depression and nihilistic tendencies, I tend to avoid existential topics as much as I can. And the news, I avoid the news and politics and pretty much anything that could cause me anxiety or make me think, ā€˜Fuck it, nothing matters, everything sucks, letā€™s drink.ā€™

Itā€™s just not my thing, sorry. The idea that we might live in a simulation is interesting and I have heart and read some of the ongoing theories and discussions when I was youngerā€¦ But the way I see it, weather we live in a simulation or whether itā€™s God or whether itā€™s nothing we are still here and we need to make the best we can with it.

For me, that starts with getting treatment for my mental conditions and staying sober. Itā€™s spending time with the people I love. Itā€™s building a life I donā€™t want to escape from. Itā€™s seeing as much of the world as I can. Itā€™s my new soft purple bed throw. Itā€™s watching my dog curled up next to me. Itā€™s listening to my husband breathe in bed next to me.

Its the little things. I donā€™t have the mental energy for more. Not now.

10 Likes

I feel like you wrote down exactly my thoughts in a readeble way (I have difficulty with expressing myself, Iā€™m not good in writing, probably even talking :sweat_smile:, itā€™s all in my head)

1 Like

Aw thank you. From the posts I read on here from you, you do an excellent job at expressing yourself and writing things down. :heart:

Iā€™m ok with writing, but I struggle to talk. My husband makes fun of me because every other word I use when trying to say something is ā€˜thingymabobā€™ :joy_cat:

1 Like

Checking in on day 114.

17 Likes

Ive heard that also. And in fact, doing service may be exactly what u need to get u from surviving to thriving :slight_smile: glad ur chairing the mtgs

2 Likes

Well I undestand You. Few days ago i written a long post about how I was in deep depression for 4 years and had this Depersonalization/Derealization disorder caused by constant panic attacks. Itā€™s not good to judge by the name of the book or by the name of the video as it is clearly have a deeper meaning and explanation, thatā€™s why I liked it and shared. (I donā€™t like the idea about simulation at all by the way :sweat_smile: thats why I clicked the video in the first placeā€¦ Thinking ā€¦well lets see what those weirdos have to say :see_no_evil:)

@Sabrina80 then asked a question about the video and since you where interested in her reply I just tagged you.

I donā€™t like the idea about simulation at all by the way, but the experiments scientiest did is stunning and the author of the video has a good point on the end.

Anyway @Amy30 when I had depression I totally eliminated existential topics and overall the informational intake to calm down the build up levels of the stress in my recovery. So I donā€™t recommend you to watch videos like that. We can easily live without contemplating about Life simply by living it.

Simple example, as when my gastritis went worse I eliminated spicy foods from my diet. Same when we have depression or anxiety. Why would we wanted to add more stress on top of that?

Balance is what matters.

Never lose Hope :heartpulse: Take care :heartpulse: Take time to heal :heartpulse: Find happines :heartpulse: Find what makes You Happy :heartpulse: and do More of it :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Checking in on day 370.

Got up early this morning to get a coffee & bite to eat, then headed to a couple of classes at my local gym. Back home watching my team on the TV now, then I will attack the rest of the day.

Have a fantastic sober weekend everyone.

17 Likes

Day
0 no Marijuana (midnight lastnight)
178 no alcohol
109 no vapes or ciggs

My addicted mind thought it would be worth smoking pot. It drives me insane. My apologies for not taking the pot serious. Its a drug and it always will be and will always get me unstable

I just really thought id enjoy it. I didnt.

Im very happy to be here
Im also very fortunate
I took it for granted

13 Likes

Happy Saturday! N9tbbad weather here 50sF. Fay 18 and my BP and heart have seemed to begin to stay down where they should be. Although when im not a drunk for a good period of time its usualy around 100/60 so it can drp some more yet.

Have had the sniffles the last 3 days. There is something going around. Feel better than yesterday so hopefully its getting better instead of the other way around.

I didnt have a single piece of leftover candy yesterday haha lets see if i can repeat that today.

Have an awesome day my friendā€™s!!

13 Likes

Five months alcohol free.

30 Likes

Also I remember a very good way to calm down nerves, at least what helped for me.
I remember I completely eliminated informational intake. Started to listen to radio, No Music picked by me (as there are still our brains calculating what they like, what they want - and well obviously something was wrong with my intake). As it is information, has meaning, words stuck in your mind and so on. Same with movies and so onā€¦
In theese days we have so much information flying around that mostly every 1 person of a 10 has theese problems (or even more, I am not very good with numbers).
So I remember living with my internet turned off, radio playing, I liked to turn off the lamps too :candle: and light the candles - imagining that I live in the past, where there was no hurrying up, everything was like in a slow motion compared to theese daysā€¦

Itā€™s hard to explain on how much freedom and time we gain eliminating all that dopamin sucking junk around - that can clear A TON of space in that computer we have on our shoulders.

I only allowed myself to watch 1+ hour per day of something like Travel channel or wrestling. Also did a cold shower / contrast shower speaking more precisely (very useful tool), also drinked strong soothing herbs tea with ingrediants like Valerian in morning and evening. Some physical activity is also very important for how our hormones works and puts us in a balance.

Good luck :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Way to go Delia! Congratulations on your 5 months AF!!

giphy

3 Likes

:sunny: Morning Check In :sunny:
Day 629
Morning TS! Boy did I ever sleep sooo poorly last night. It took me 1.5 hours to fall asleep, then I woke up twice. Both times after waking up, I struggled to get back to sleep. Ugh. Ive been sleeping pretty bad for awhile now actually and I think that contributes to why Im so exhausted in the mornings. I have a Dr appt Nov 20ā€¦ I think Ill bring this issue up.
Right now im at work. Hope the shift goes by quickly. I really need my rest. Plus i have laundry to do once home. Thats about it for me right now. Hope u all have a great day! :butterfly:

19 Likes

Wow!!! Congratulations :confetti_ball:

3 Likes