Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Ok so let me check in… 2 YEARS sober from alcohol. TWO 2 YEARS!!

To be honest I could never imagine my self where I am today with 2 years sober, I tougth I could not do it, it was to hard, too unbearable to think about and doing. I knew I had to stop and I wanted to.

But in the same time I did not want to let go because it made me feel better and my thoughts, anxiety and everything was kept with a lid on, I did not have to deal with it. It was my way to be abel to continue on. At least so I tougth. Today I know that was not rigth. I still struggle with my tougths, feelings and anxiety. But its different, and my mind is clear.

The road to get where I am was not easy, it was hard, terrible, scary and I wanted to give in more times then I will admitt, but I didnt, I kept pushing. I still do. Everyday Im greatfull to be sober. Some days are harder, but I feel confident in my self and my sobriety. But I will not put my gard down, I will work on my sobriety everyday.

I want to thank this forum and all of you guys; for being there, for your support, for listening and share your stories, give motivation, advice, cher on, comfort and lift up when needed.

When I look at my milestones on this app : first five minutes, hour, day. And today 2 years.

31 Likes

TWO full years Wakikki!!! So glad for you! What an awesome feat friend! Thanks for sharing your success and huge congrats!

7 Likes

What a wonderful achievement!!! You have put your heart and soul into your sobriety and gotten through some extremely challenging feelings and emotional distress. I applaud all of your hard work, because it is hard work and you’ve done it. You have also come here to get support when you need it, that’s really what it takes. We can’t do this alone. So happy for you!

7 Likes

Congratulations Wakikki! Inspirational :heart: X

4 Likes

Congratulations @Wakikki. Very happy for you. :tada::100:

4 Likes

@sunshineontheinside What a lovely way to celebrate your 1 week of sobriety – hope you had a wonderful time at your in person meeting today.
@thank you Zoe – sweet of you to say ! Grateful you were able to combat those cravings. Its all about the small changes and they become routine – keep going strong :muscle:
@acromouse sounds like a productive self care weekend. Enjoy all of it! :hugs:
@forrestkump Sounds like a lovely peaceful way of celebrating and bringing in the New Year! This site is always active so come in here if you feel lonely :hugs:
@Lotusflower how are you doing Des?
@soberwalker Thanks for sharing the pics Claudia. So excited for your bouldering experience – I do hope the sniffles /allergies do not ruin the experience. Sounds like a good adventure
@trixie1 I do enjoy some NA beers and Rose wines from time to time – I stay away from the NA reds as that was always a trigger for me to crave the real thing. Enjoy your celebration :heart:
@leroy Welcome to the community Leroy! So true – sobriety has so many benefits and being sober / clear minded opens up many doors. We got your back here – keep going strong :muscle: Check out the Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) thread which may help you with ditching the smoking habit.
@billy85 So great to hear from you Billy and thrilled for all the positivity in your life. CONGRATS PAPA! You must be over the moon right now. Grateful that your surgery went well. Hope the recovery is not too painful. Really excited that we will be celebrating your 1 year of sobriety in just over a month :tada: I am doing well – still trudging along thanks to this amazing community.
@wakikki CONGRATS on your 2 years my friend – you are amazing! Grateful to see you finding healthier ways to deal with life’s struggles. I do hope that 2024 is a kinder year to you. So very proud of you :people_hugging:
giphy

Checking in on Saturday afternoon…
I have managed to have some one on one mom time, cleaned the house as we have my sis and bil visiting today and some friends coming over tomorrow. Told everyone that i am MIA as i just don’t have the energy to be social. Hoping to be in bed soon but glad i was able to catch up on TS.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day – sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

18 Likes

Day 682. Working to end out the old year and working in the new year too. I like work, which is great because a NYE out on the town is the pits. :joy:
I have goals, I have plans and I have zero desire to go backward to my old life of hangovers and crippling depression. Feeling strong to welcome 2024.

@Wakikki 2 years is amazing!!! Well done. I’ll join you on that milestone in February, keep a seat warm and I’ll keep doing my work here.

@Billy85 I love to see your happy check ins. I’m so glad all is well. Enjoy that truck.

Sober gang rides on.

17 Likes

Day 1106,

Went to the gym this morning, over did it maybe a bit. Met a fellow there and had a little chat, among other things the fellowship. Not the one of the ring. Now on the couch, bit on Tinder starting a conversation. Don’t know what the heck I’m doing on there :grimacing:, but I will be mild for myself. Decided that tomorrow should be the last day of my cigs, will be getting a nicotine vaporizer tomorrow. It has to stop somewhere.

Have good day :pray::heart::pray:

13 Likes

@Mno Thank you. It really is awsome! Thank you for support and kind words on my journey, and sharing my success with me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@RosaCanDo I really put a lot in it. Its so “WOW” to look back at the last two years, and see what I have accomplished. Its true, we can not do it all alone, its many ways to sobriety but we all need support doing it. Thank you :heart:

@Louloubelle @Jasty2 Thank you :heart:

@JazzyS Thank you so much. Thank you for all your nice words, all your care. I think everyone need a you in their life and in their journey. You are amazing! I hope for a better kinder 2024 for both me and you :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@TrustyBird Thank you! I will be here waiting for you with a warm seat.
Keep up the good work :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Unfortunately relapsed on day 265 at end of November. Only for 36 hours but reset and back up to day 30. Got very complacent, started to believe the euphoric recall thoughts about drinking but should of known it was the addiction talking. Also stopped doing my journal, things I am grateful for. Not missed a day since December 1st.

18 Likes

I always only realise it after those thoughts have passed that it was only my addiction taking all along. Drives me crazy cause I honestly am always about to believe those lies. Man that sucks!
Good thing you are back working on your sobriety.

7 Likes

Great to hear it. Let’s keep rolling through and well handle NYE & NY day easy :+1:

3 Likes

Day 350.

Checking in sober.

Tomorrow I’m making Beef Wellington for a NYE romantic dinner with my husband. Wish me luck!

16 Likes

I really need support right now at 1 month 11 days sober. I’m having horrible migraines so often now and that along with a few other things (think I’m going through post acute withdrawal symptoms) I’m really starting to think about drinking again. Starting to feel like giving up on my sobriety.

9 Likes

Are there any meds (ibuprofen, paracetamol) available to you for the migraines? If so, in my experience It’s always good to take something rather early to stop the migraine from progressing.

1 Like

I did cancel gym this morning, I didn’t really feel in the mood for a packed out class. But I did do some quiet selfcare the past 48 hours. Finished a puzzle and a book. Cooked good food, had a super long bath and spent some quality family time watching Percy Jackson - the first of the original movies and a few episodes of the new series on Disney plus. Which one is better? Guess the jury is still out :wink:

So yesterday and today was a lot better than my annoying Thursday. Thanks @JazzyS and @CATMANCAM :smiley:
@Mno hope you feel better soon and get to start the new year fit and recovered :green_heart:
@leroy Welcome to the family :hugs:
@Wakikki Congratulations :confetti_ball:

Picture from my walk yesterday at Fountains Abbey, Yorkshire

Edit: I just realised I will hit 300 days tomorrow on New year’s eve, how cool is that? :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

None that help currently I should probably pick some excedrin migraine that’s probably my best bet. Have had some sinus stuff going on not quite a cold so I’ve taken medicine for that twice now and hoping that helps I’m sure that’s causing it too. Caffeine does help a little so I’m drinking some now. Going to go get my daith pierced in a few days too, my son’s hair stylist suggested it, it helped her. There’s a pressure point right there in the inner ear so :crossed_fingers:t2: that helps too

5 Likes

I’m really sorry you have to go through this pain. I know how bad migraines can get. Coffee helps me too :coffee: Also rest, quiet and dark places.
I really hope you will find something that will ease your pain some.
Whatever you do, don’t give up on your sobriety. If you listen to the addiction, you’ll have to go through this sick again another time. You made it this far. I’m rooting for you!

6 Likes

Congratulations on two whole years!! Amazing achievement!

3 Likes

Checking in. Another day sober, another day without a fag. Each day at a time at the minute. I don’t care if I eat like a horse or not quite manage my normal day to day, I just wanna be able to say them 2 phrases each night and I’ll be happy. I got the rest of my life to work on the rest! Love to all xx

14 Likes