Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

I love Norway. Beautiful pictures :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

That is brutally cold. And early!! A combination best faced sober.

3 Likes

Thats absolutly true. I could never have done that in my drinking days, omg I can think about it and no way I would manage work that early. And I work inside a spa(saunas) most of the day, so early and hot, can you imagine working like that with hangover :see_no_evil:

@Tragicfarinelli its really beautiful yes, but ohh so cold! :cold_face: The one with the ship looks a little mystical I think.

7 Likes

Day 113, and doing okay. I didn’t want to admit it but I think I’ve got some post holiday blues going on. Oh well, it’ll pass, right?

21 Likes

SIX MONTHS !! :tada:

180 days but but my ‘official’ 6 months is 10th Jan as my sober date is 10th July. I’m taking it though, I’ll still be here on Wednesday.

Six months ago it seemed incomprehensible to me that I’d be free of alcohol. Now it feels incomprehensible to think that I needed / wanted to drink at all.

Here’s to the next six months :pray: X

27 Likes

Well done lady! That’s a massive achievement! :+1::raised_hands::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Thank you lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m thrilled.
Celebrating with a nice chilled day with the boyos. X

4 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1301. I hope everybody has a good one!

15 Likes

Big congrats, Louise! I’m almost there…
IMG_1797

6 Likes

I’m checking in on day 178.

17 Likes

Thank you @Pattycake !
You’re so close - see you in a couple of days :rofl::heart_eyes: X

2 Likes

Thank u for sharing! I found it really helpful! And way to go on making a wise decision on going home instead of shopping. That is some serious self awareness!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Hi everyone

Mid way through day 10, having a relaxing quiet day. Might even curl up with one of the dogs for an afternoon snooze.

19 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on over 5 years sober!!! Very impressive!

3 Likes

Day 34
Exercising daily gratitude and reflection is so beneficial. It makes me aware of my thoughts and more compassionate with myself. It is something I didn’t do in my previous sobriety attempts.

Today I was thinking about the biggest benefits I experience being sober:

1. No anxiety (This is sooo amazing! This alone makes sobriety worth it)
  2. No hangovers, shame or guilt
  3. More time, no more lost days in bed
  4. More money to save
  5. More (positive) self reflection
  6. Improved health
  7. Better sleep
  8. Better skin
  9. Being able to meet up spontaneously (no more planning around hangovers or cancelling dates)
  10. Longer walks with :dog:

Ofcourse life still happens, but it’s so much easier to cope with shit sober than with a hangover.

23 Likes

Ughh… I feel you on the resolutions! Work out every day, wake up earlier… 2/6🥴. Also trying to not beat myself up.

3 Likes

Dau 357.

Checking in. Very much sober. Exhausted. Love you guys :heart:

19 Likes

That is very interesting. Only after many years I am realising that I had very long and deep post traumatic episode that I actually was drowning by using alcohol. I had a hard lesson on how dangerous it can be… Again alcohol only made everything worse. Basically it only made things worse… Complex emotions +plus mixing it with drugs or alcohol = no way it gonna mix well.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #61 (Part 33).